UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Vanessa Jackson's birthday

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Happy birthday Vanessa x

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22037 comments have a good day :-)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Happy cake day!

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments Thank you.
Sorry I've not been around for a while but I've been going through some hard things lately and haven't been coping very well.
Hopefully, when all that's going on in my life at the moment is over, I'll be back and joining in more. I've been looking in now and then but haven't been up to contributing.
Thanks again for your good wishes.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Sounds like you need cake!

message 6: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25094 comments Happy birthday, Vanessa - and what a splendid cake!

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9110 comments Happy Birthday Vanessa, chin up my dear, and hoping things are better for you soon x

message 8: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Happy birthday Vanessa :)

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth White | 2067 comments Happy birthday, Vanessa. Hope you're feeling chipper soon.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I'm sorry to hear things are hard right now, Nessa.

We're always here to lend an ear and send love.

message 11: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Appleby-Dean (benjaminappleby-dean) Many happy returns Vanessa - hope things pick up for you soon.

message 12: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22037 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "I'm sorry to hear things are hard right now, Nessa.

We're always here to lend an ear and send love."

Yes, we've got a lot of wise and caring people here. Just quietly drop a private message to a couple of them and it's amazing how having somebody to chat things over with, even as PMs, can help

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Yep, the group is rather icebergish.

So much goes on beneath the surface.

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11364 comments Vanessa (aka Dumbo) wrote: "Thank you.
Sorry I've not been around for a while but I've been going through some hard things lately and haven't been coping very well.
Hopefully, when all that's going on in my life at the moment..."

Sorry to hear that, as others have said, we are here if you need a shoulder

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments Thanks everyone.
The problem I have is that I have a number of ailments, physical and mental. Therefore I'm unable to work. I rely on ESA and PIP.
I was reassessed for both early last year, and due to lies told by the assessors, I lost them both even though my physical condition has worsened. I've had to go through Mandatory Reconsiderations and then on to tribunals. I've just won my ESA one and am back in the support group, but they haven't sorted out the money yet. It will probably be months before my PIP tribunal, as the courts are so busy. I've been trying to live off £73.10 a week, which I've only got because I've been putting fit notes in to the DWP, and I have a small works pension.
As you might remember, I moved to the ground floor flat, because of my mobility, but it took months to be ready. I didn't move in till June of last year, although it was arranged that I'd get it back in December 2016. Of course the rent is quite a bit higher for this flat, but I could manage it easily when getting ESA and PIP. I do get housing benefit but it still leaves quite a bit for me to top up to pay the rent. So that was another worry. The little bit of savings I had have now dwindled away.
All the worry about how to pay bills hasn't helped my mental state, and I'm so scared of being made homeless again. So things have been really rough for about a year now. I try to stay positive but it's so hard.
I don't want to wish my life away but this is another year I want to see the back of.
Hopefully I can get back on the straight and narrow now and come on here a bit more.

message 16: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Appleby-Dean (benjaminappleby-dean) That's awful, Vanessa - I've heard quite a few similar stories.

Glad to hear about your ESA tribunal at least - do you have anyone helping with the PIP?

And have you tried applying to the local council for a Discretionary Housing Payment at all? They can sometimes help with topping up rent.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I'm sorry you're going through all this shit, Vanessa.

I'm pleased you've shared, though. Not only does talking help, I'm certain that there are friends in the group who can offer advice, as Benjamin has.

Love you, Vanessa.

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments Thank you.
Luckily I gave an advisor who is helping me with it all.

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11364 comments I'm so sorry to hear about this Vanessa, the system seems so unfair. Glad you have an advisor to help

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments don't let the b###ards grind you down Vanessa , as the saying goes

message 21: by Chris (new)

Chris Robb (chrisrobb) | 1738 comments Only just seen this as I haven't been on for a while. Stay strong Vanessa.