YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Cartagena (F) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Apr 06, 2018 10:42AM) (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84142 comments Mod
Team members:
Vathna ✔
Lucy
K. ✔
Edita ✔
Emily ✔
Olivia
Keyona ✔
Kelli ✔

Please comment here to let us know you are ready for the challenge by April 1st ☺

message 2: by Quietly (new)

Quietly Emily | 330 comments Checking in!

message 3: by Vathna (new)

Vathna (danyvathna) | 4 comments Here!

message 4: by Raven (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments Checking in :)

Have checked you in ☺

message 6: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments Hi!

message 7: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments I created a spreadsheet, I'll message the link! :)

message 8: by Raven (last edited Mar 25, 2018 07:49AM) (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments Hey guys, I've claimed 4 spots in the doc. I will most likely be reading more though, but I don't want to promise everything because April is going to be pretty insane for me.

Here's what I'll be reading. If any of you want to do BR's for any of those let me know. We'll cross of categories fast that way :)

Red Zero: Title contains letters D-I-E-T
Truly Devious (Truly Devious, #1) by Maureen Johnson and The Dire King (Jackaby, #4) by William Ritter

Red Two: Title contains the letter W
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare (might do the sequel too if I like this one)

Red Fours: Title contains A-I-R
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, #1) by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

Edit~A wrote: "Hi!"

Have checked you in ☺

message 10: by Quietly (new)

Quietly Emily | 330 comments I have no idea what I'll be reading next month, as I kinda just read whatever I'm in the mood to read. But I will most likely be reading Splintered (Splintered, #1) by A.G. Howard Unhinged (Splintered, #2) by A.G. Howard and Ensnared (Splintered, #3) by A.G. Howard . I've already read the first book, but it's been a while so I need to reread it before I can read the other two 😌.

message 11: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments ✨Emily✨ wrote: "I have no idea what I'll be reading next month, as I kinda just read whatever I'm in the mood to read. But I will most likely be reading Splintered (Splintered, #1) by A.G. Howard [bookcover:Unhinged|17449197..."

Just make sure it fits our needed descriptions :)

message 12: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments I'm taking the Wild one cause my ARC does not match to other categories! :)

message 13: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments Maria you sure you can finish all these asap? Cause we won’t get any other categories until we are done with these, please keep that in mind, so the others will have a chance to read something too. I originally thought, we should have used the random.org ourselves, and distribute the cards that we got between us randomly, to be fair.

message 14: by Raven (last edited Mar 26, 2018 11:56AM) (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments Wow, sorry that I'm such a bother because I put up 4 books I could read for some of these categories. Don't mind me then, since you seem to have everything under control.

Also....

A) We get a new card every time we manage to finish one card.
B) If you distribute the card randomly someone might end up with a card they can't complete because they don't have books for it. So, not fair.
C) If it were to happen that I had claimed a spot when there was only one left, and then someone else had finished a book that would fit that category and complete it, it would be fine by me to use their book instead of mine.

message 15: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2612 comments Good Luck!

message 16: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments Maria wrote: "Wow, sorry that I'm such a bother because I put up 4 books I could read for some of these categories. Don't mind me then, since you seem to have everything under control.

Also....

A) We get a new..."

Actually as a fun team it would be amazing if you finished four :) i think I offended you somehow so I’m sorry I didn’t mean that.

Plus yeah I see what you mean but we always could have shuffled the cards among us to finish categories, but again, that was just an idea that I put out there :)

message 17: by Edit~A (last edited Mar 27, 2018 07:15PM) (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments So I checked with Sarah and she said that, yes, we will get a new card every time we finish a category. However for the cards that we got from draw two or draw four, we should finish all of these books (as they are considered 1 category) in order to get another one.

message 18: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Adding Keyona to your team ☺

message 19: by Keyona (last edited Mar 27, 2018 10:07AM) (new)

Keyona | 445 comments Hello everyone! Can you please forward me the spreadsheet? Thank you!

message 20: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments Keyona wrote: "Hello everyone! Can you please forward me the spreadsheet? Thank you!"

Done :)

message 21: by Vathna (new)

Vathna (danyvathna) | 4 comments Question: So we have to clear all the cards in (1) before moving on to (2)?

message 22: by Edit~A (last edited Mar 27, 2018 05:57PM) (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments No no. But we should finish all the books in (1) in order to get a new card, and all the books in (2), because they are draw 2 and draw 4 cards, and these are considered as 1 category. Meanwhile, for (3), (4), (5) and (6) as long as we finish one of these we will get a new card

message 23: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments On the spreadsheet, I put +2 for draw 2 and +4 for draw four, so it'll be clear, which books are in a "group" category

message 24: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments And I also updated the spreadsheet, because there was a mistake, there were 2x21s, and we have just 1x21

message 25: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hi Team Cartagena, just to let you know that I'm adding Cersei to your team ☺

message 26: by K. (new)

K. (kemccoy) Checking in

message 27: by cersei (new)

cersei lannister  (writeasrain) | 234 comments checking in!

message 28: by cersei (new)

cersei lannister  (writeasrain) | 234 comments ---23. Red Two - 'Red 2' - Read books whose title's contain the letter 'W' (for 'Warren Ellis') (The letter 'W' can be anywhere in the title, as long as it appears at least once.) : im going to read We Are The Ants for this :)

message 29: by Raven (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments I just put up a review for The Darkest Minds (category Red Zero) Going to start Truly Devious for the same category now :)

message 30: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments We don’t have the red zero category, let aline two. Every category is given only once until the previous given finished. We should read books that math the categories that Sarah assigned to us.

message 31: by Raven (last edited Apr 02, 2018 05:28PM) (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments Uhhh... we do have the Red Zero category, actually. And we need 4 books to complete each category so I don't see how I'm doing anything wrong.

Do you have some sort of problem with me? Because this is the second time I post, and the second time you attack me.

message 32: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments Maria wrote: "Uhhh... we do have the Red Zero category, actually. And we need 4 books to complete each category so I don't see how I'm doing anything wrong.

Do you have some sort of problem with me? Because thi..."

Of course I don't have a problem with you, and I never attacked you. Again, my mistake, cause I didn't see the zero one before. Honestly Maria, you don't know me, so you just misunderstood, I never attacked you, but yeah I was wrong about the zero so my apologies

message 33: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hi Team Cartagena, just to let you know that I am doing a bit of a shuffle, and I'm moving Maria to Team Vigo ☺

message 34: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hi Team Cartagena, just to let you know that I am adding Kelli to your team ☺

message 35: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments Hello friends! Just checking in!! I’ve been out for a bit, but super excited to jump back in and get my butt back into my reading zone!! :)

message 36: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments My current read is Shadow Kiss - the 3rd book in the Vampire Academy series. I technically started this in March so I will only get points for the pages read in April and it won’t count for a card but at least it’s a start! 😉 I’ll be finishing this tonight and will update you on what I decide to pick up next! :)

message 37: by Keyona (new)

Keyona | 445 comments Sounds good Kelli. Welcome!

message 38: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hi Team Cartagena, just to let you know that Cersei has moved to Solo ☺

message 39: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments Hi guys! I have 6 reviews, tho they don't match our current categories, they'll help in the future :)

message 40: by Keyona (new)

Keyona | 445 comments What cards are everyone working on right now? Perhaps we can get some buddy reads together. I'm not really seeing much activity in the spreadsheet. Are we still using it? We can't use any of our banked books until we get rid of some cards obviously lol. We should keep the communication flowing!

message 41: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 712 comments Hey everyone! I finished Shadow Kiss which I started in March so we’ll get points for pages but no card :-/ Also finished When for book that starts with W. I started reading Dear Martin for book with A I R
I work weekends so I’ll get started posting reviews and such on Tuesday :)

message 42: by Edit~A (last edited Apr 09, 2018 04:03AM) (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments I have 3 books for

---21. Red Zero - 'Big Red Zero' - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'D', 'I', 'E', and 'T'. (Hint: the following words all contain the letters 'D', 'I', 'E', and 'T' - detective, deception, restricted/unrestricted, wildest, education, destiny, tide, spirited.)

&

---2. Blue One - 'Blue: One Love' - Read books written by author's named 'Antony', 'Costa', 'Duncan', 'James', 'Lee', 'Ryan', 'Simon', or 'Webbe'. (These names can also make up part of the author's name, for example 'Colleen Hoover' ) (These names can be either first name or last name.)

&

---25. Red Four - 'Red 4' - Read books which have the letters 'A', 'I', and 'R' in the title. (1/4)
Practical Magic

but I'll write my reviews tomorrow :)

And I'm currently reading one for

---28. Red Seven - 'Red7' - Read books with the letters 'G', 'A', 'M', and 'E' in the title. (Title must contain all 4 letters, but in any order.) (Hint, words which contain 'G', 'A', 'M', and 'E are game (duh!), mage, champagne, Margaret, image, imagine, necromancing, and demonglass.)

message 43: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments I also have 5 upcoming reviews that can be used in the future when we get new cards :)

message 44: by Keyona (new)

Keyona | 445 comments You read Practical magic? So did I. We could've done a buddy read for that! I'm working on one for titles that start with letter W which I should finish tomorrow. I also am finishing up one for authors with names starting with N/K.

message 45: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments I posted some of my reviews, others do not fit anywhere yet, but more is coming ☺️

message 46: by Edit~A (new)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments I finished 2 +4 categories, but we need to finish one more to get a new card, this one - ---2. Blue One - 'Blue: One Love' - Read books written by author's named 'Antony', 'Costa', 'Duncan', 'James', 'Lee', 'Ryan', 'Simon', or 'Webbe'. (These names can also make up part of the author's name, for example 'Colleen Hoover' ) (These names can be either first name or last name.)

we need two books to cross this

message 47: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hi Team Cartagena, Just wanted to let you know that Edita is moving to a serious team who has a space, so her points will be moved over from your team reviews to her new teams team review thread ☺

message 48: by Keyona (new)

Keyona | 445 comments Lol unbelievable. The month is practically over at this point smh.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.