Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (last edited Oct 08, 2014 03:54AM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Threads for pairs from Blind Date Challenge will be posted here.

The threads will be moved to Blind Date: Archives when the challenge is over to make room for the next challenge.

* The threads will be used to discuss the buddy reads, so you don't have to create another thread for that.
** After the thread is up for you and your partner, please decide what number you want to choose the task for this challenge (the numbers are from 1-100) until informed otherwise
*** If the number has been picked already, you need to pick another one.
**** You may read ONLY ONE BOOK for this challenge

Accept the Task
description

Decline the Task
description

Complete Buddy Read
description

Complete Task & Buddy Read
description

Perfect Match (Same Rating)
description

Incomplete
description

Leave questions below if you are not sure of anything.

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31438 comments I lost the thread that said which numbers were chosen and which were open (and what everyone got)

Help Please :)

message 3: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I know you are good now. Just so others know, it's here: Blind Date: August Post #2

message 4: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 1650 comments what happens if my partner never says anything

message 5: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments If possible, we will find a new partner for you.

message 6: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments If possible, we will find a new partner for you.

message 7: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone | 357 comments If her partner doesn't say anything I will be happy to fill in.

message 8: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks. We have a few others volunteers also, so I think we have enough replacements if more people still don't show :)

message 9: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone | 357 comments Okay just let me know if you need me to fill in :)

message 10: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Will do.

message 11: by Polus (new)

Polus (halbpolus) Are you going to continue this challange in September?

message 12: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Yeah, we'll start the signup around 15th.

message 13: by Polus (new)

Polus (halbpolus) ok. i was thinking about trying this one out too.

message 14: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett i would like to sign up

message 15: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Sing up for September is almost over. Please join next time. Besides, this is not where you need to sign up.

message 16: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Would I be able to make a suggestion, that the bonus points for reading the book is based on how long it takes to read, not what date it is finished on? Because my partner and I this time couldn't finish it until the final week in November because my book arrived so late that I couldn't even start it earlier than that week, but we still read it in the space of 7 days.
I'm not asking for this to change our points, just as an idea for the future :)

message 17: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I had thought about that. The problem is it's hard to monitor the start and the finish date since some people might just read at the beginning of the month and not post about it until they actually finish reading.

Besides, we want to encourage people to finish the challenge as soon as possible.

message 18: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Yeah Nicole said basically the same thing, and I hadn't really thought about that. It was just an idea :)

message 19: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks for the suggestion :) If we find a better way for that, we'll let you guys know.

message 20: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'd love to see this one come back.

message 21: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7210 comments We talked about doing this in January.

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31438 comments Yay! I'm so glad to see that! You will see it again soon :)

message 23: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments YIPPEE!! Thanks, Mods!

message 24: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5507 comments ;-)

message 25: by Naja (new)

Naja de Villecourt | 8 comments i dont know anyone here and i want to enter but dont have a partner

message 26: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5507 comments Naja wrote: "i dont know anyone here and i want to enter but dont have a partner"

Hi, Naja! The sign-ups for this month are closed. Check back in a couple weeks to see if there is a sign-up thread for next month's challenge!

message 27: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff | 66 comments This sounds like one I would like if you decide to revive it

message 28: by Elfrida (new)

Elfrida Shade (elfridashade) | 3 comments I want to do one of these!

message 29: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5507 comments Elfrida wrote: "I want to do one of these!"

Hopefully we'll be able to bring this one back soon. Thanks for showing interest! It's due to lack of interest and lack of participation that we have to put games like this on hold in the first place.