The Lorien Legacies discussion

Lorien > Who is Setrakus Ra (slight spoiler of revenge of seven)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Moatiq (last edited Jul 24, 2014 06:37PM) (new)

Moatiq | 24 comments After reading five's betrayal, there is an extract from the revenge of seven. It states at the end with Setrakus calling Ella his granddaughter. If this is true then how did occur. Presumably setrakus being Rayman's father, and him joining the mogs due to his feeling that he should be an elder. Plus the puzzle in which why Ella was able to neutralize Setrakus ability to temporarily remove legacies. All of this plus all the other stuff still hidden should lead to an amazing book in the revenge of seven

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 16 comments You know, when I read that I was screaming in my head because people around me were just starting Rise of Nine, "Called it, called it! I called it!" I'm trying to figure this out to. I had an eight-hour long plane ride to understand it yet I haven't come to a logical reason yet. Let's say he was the tenth elder but left to Mogadore and ever since then he had it out for Lorien. That would make sense that Ella might be related. But using that reasoning that would mean that the rest of them would be related to one elder. So, I'm not sure.

message 3: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 100 comments I think you may be right with that theory of each of them being related to one of the elders. That makes sense. Maybe we will find out.

message 4: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 16 comments I swear if Ella's dream comes true, I have lost all hope in books.

message 5: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 100 comments That would surely be devastating.

message 6: by hala (new)

hala elayan Well if Setrákus Ra has a personal vendetta against Lorien and wants to become an elder, then how does destroying Lorien and hunt down nine teenagers (now four plus three mortals (four if you count Mark)) help him become an elder?

message 7: by hala (new)

hala elayan And I haven't read Five's Betrayal

message 8: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 100 comments I doubt he's looking to become an elder. He is too far past caring about that. He is to vengeful and just wants to destroy everyone and rule the entire world.

message 9: by hala (new)

hala elayan Its a trend these days

message 10: by hala (new)

hala elayan But how can he rule if he destroys? I mean surely the vat-born Mogs aren't the most interesting people to govern

message 11: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 100 comments That's true, good point. Maybe he just gets rid of the Loriens and Lorien allies, then commands the rest of the humans and mogs on Earth.

message 12: by hala (new)

hala elayan But Henri mentioned that the Mogs take out life from that planet then move on to the next one, and they came to Lorien and then Earth. I also hope that Ella doesn't get brainwashed like Five (that piece of sh**, sorry but it's necessary) and turn to Setrakus Ra

message 13: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 100 comments I agree. We don't need any more traitors.

message 14: by hala (new)

hala elayan But Adamus was the good kind. I think in quite a lot of stories there is one good traitor (bad to good) and one bad traitor (good to bad). I really hope the Loric together with Sarah, Sam, Malcolm and Mark, can help her before its too late

message 15: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 100 comments Me too. and I wasn't referring to Adamus, Since he is a Lorien ally.

message 16: by Moatiq (last edited Jul 24, 2014 07:31PM) (new)

Moatiq | 24 comments Mmm I agree. Ella isn't even supposed to be one of the selected garde which may allow for this reason to occur. Plus Henri states how there were 10 elected but only nine arrived. This means that another garde may be missing. Plus I'm pretty sure it states on one of the books how Ella was talking about not having the scars like the rest of the garde.

message 17: by hala (new)

hala elayan But if she is the heir of Setrakus then why dios he have the scars? IS HE THE TENTH GARDE??!!

message 18: by hala (new)

hala elayan Does*

message 19: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 100 comments Well that's a terrifying thought.

message 20: by Moatiq (new)

Moatiq | 24 comments But Setrakus was around at the same time as Pittacus. Plus if he is Ella's Grandfather then he must be too old for that. I wonder what the connection is between setrakus, Pittacus, four, eight and nine. So many questions...

message 21: by hala (new)

hala elayan Yes, I mean, Setrakus Ra was described as, well, ugly, to say the least. If he was Loric, then... What the hell happened to him??!! And how old was he?

message 22: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 100 comments All terrific questions, hopefully they will all be answered in the Revenge of Seven.

message 23: by hala (new)

hala elayan I can't stand waiting. I'm an ADHD demigod.

message 24: by hala (new)

hala elayan But I don't think one book is big enough to answer all these questions. I think at least another Lost Files needs to be released along with Revenge of Seven to explain all of this.

message 25: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 100 comments I'm with you on both counts the waiting and a new Lost Files.

message 26: by Moatiq (last edited Jul 24, 2014 07:49PM) (new)

Moatiq | 24 comments There's supposed to be another lost files and another main book. I presume there will be two lost files books which have the back story of setrakus and possibly Pittacus. I have a weird feeling that five is going to back to the loric side again. If you read both fall of five and five's betrayal it seems like doubts may be surfacing. Plus in five betrayal, setrakus tells five that he is going to help convince Ella to join team mog. This may end up with him saving her. Or there's the possibility that nine is going to beat the crap out of him. Both very entertaining prospects

message 27: by hala (new)

hala elayan I like the Nine beating the crap out of Five more

message 28: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 100 comments Hala wrote: "I like the Nine beating the crap out of Five more "

agreed.

message 29: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 100 comments Moatiq wrote: "There's supposed to be another lost files and another main book. I presume there will be two lost files books which have the back story of setrakus and possibly Pittacus. I have a weird feeling tha..."
I believe there are at least two more books to come out.

message 30: by hala (new)

hala elayan At least there will be more questions answered and we wont need to wait that long. Revenge Of Seven comes out in a month!!

message 31: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 100 comments Yes!! I have already requested it from the library when they get it in.

message 32: by Moatiq (new)

Moatiq | 24 comments The purple scar which Setrakus got was supposed to be from Pittacus who is the only person able to kill him, yet Pittacus went to earth with severe injuries and wasn't on lorien when the mogs invaded. I think something is missing or I'm completely forgetting something

message 33: by hala (new)

hala elayan But if only Pittacus Lore could kill him, wouldn't it make sense that his descendent, whoever it is, could kill Setrakus too?

message 34: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 100 comments Hala wrote: "But if only Pittacus Lore could kill him, wouldn't it make sense that his descendent, whoever it is, could kill Setrakus too?" I believe this is probably true. For this reason I am anxious to see which of the garde is his descendent.

message 35: by hala (new)

hala elayan So they can kick Setty Ra and Five's puny asses

message 36: by Moatiq (new)

Moatiq | 24 comments There could be a twist and it turns out Sam was Pittacus all along. I think i would laugh if it was in the book even though it's completely ridiculous

message 37: by Neha (new)

Neha (neha71580) AHHHHHHH Eveyrone's discussing!! Ugh I wanted so bad to discuss this thing :P

Okay..since I've read the sneak peek all I could think of was "Things are not getting any better.." because there were spaceships prepping to attack on Earth. How the hell are they gonna win now?? And Ella...she's in space !!! How are they gonna rescue her?? Plus the group is separated. Adam can help but only if their group wasn't separated. I'm crossing my fingers..

message 38: by Neha (new)

Neha (neha71580) Also, has anyone read The Last Days of Lorien novella. I don't remember precisely but before the children got on ship they were blessed with charm by Loridas...who is apparently the tenth elder. Then if Setrakus is Ella's Grandfather...then he's supposed to be the tenth elder...I'm confused!

message 39: by Moatiq (new)

Moatiq | 24 comments I remember reading that and thinking this can't be good. There's supposed to be a vast amount of ships plus setrakus has an extremely badass ship. He said he was going to start the invasion so they presumably will land somewhere. The sad thing is that they've all split up again and I can't remember of the tablet got destroyed or not. The only positive is that when john healed malcolm, if may have restored his memory. Or john and Adam may end up going to get the lorien ship from the fbi and get to Ella using that

message 40: by hala (new)

hala elayan I have read the Last Days of Lorien (Sandor's pretty cool) and if he is the tenth elder, why would he want to kill all the Loric? He's already an elder. He obviously did something wrong to have the title revoked from him, something really bad, but again why would he have the scars?

message 41: by Neha (new)

Neha (neha71580) Maybe Ella can telepathically warn the Garde...but I'm not sure if she can do that form such distance.

message 42: by hala (new)

hala elayan But if Setrakus Ra is successful in turning Ella to the Mog side, then even the slightest possiblity goes to nil.

message 43: by hala (new)

hala elayan Possibility*

message 44: by Neha (new)

Neha (neha71580) That better not happen! Plus since we'll be reading from her POV, we can get to know what's inside that bloody great book. Maybe we'll know some of the history of elders. Slight Spoiler: In Five's Betrayal Five stated that in Great Book it is mentioned that how Elders tried to poison Ra but he smartly escaped.

message 45: by hala (new)

hala elayan Well if the Elders did poison him then this entire thing wouldn't have happened. And Eight wouldn't be dead :,(

message 46: by Moatiq (last edited Jul 24, 2014 08:28PM) (new)

Moatiq | 24 comments The fact that Setrakus decided to create a book and convince the mogs that his own race were enemies must mean that something bad happens to him which caused that. I really hope marina and nine both tag team and destroy five. Even if it does leave them with another scar

message 47: by hala (new)

hala elayan The scar would be worth it. The scar is supposed to symbolise loss, defeat and suffering, but Five doesn't deserve the scar.

message 48: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 100 comments Moatiq wrote: "The fact that Setrakus decided to create a book and convince the mogs that his own race were enemies must mean that something bad happens to him which caused that. I really hope marina and nine bot..."

They definitely should.

message 49: by Moatiq (new)

Moatiq | 24 comments Hala wrote: "Well if the Elders did poison him then this entire thing wouldn't have happened. And Eight wouldn't be dead :,("

I have a lingering hope that they may resurrect eight. It says a quote on the facebook page of marina saying she will het his body back or something like that. Maybe there is something in the chests or maybe the phoenix stones have the power to bring life back to people.

message 50: by hala (new)

hala elayan I really really really hope so.

« previous 1