What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Online dangers for kids and young adult books please

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments So I have a 10 year old son and an 11 year old daughter, I would really like some books that can help them learn the dangers without traumatizing them with tooooo many details , i dont mind if the dangers of rape are mentioned in them, however i dont really need it to go into detail of said rape...any suggestions are welcome! I will pre read them anyways =)

message 2: by inaword (new)

inaword | 131 comments Want to Go Private?

maybe also Backlash

Though these may be more suitable for older kids, teenagers really

message 3: by Amanda (last edited Mar 23, 2018 07:00PM) (new)

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments Courtney wrote: "Katie.com: My Story This is a true story. This was the early days of AOL. She talked to him for months and they met at a hotel. Luckily people came banging on the door before he could..."

Thank you for that one Courtney i will definitely read this one, I try to be completely truthful with my daughter without going into too much detail...i guess i just dont want the Stockholm syndrome type books, have her thinking she could find love this way, argh i dont know if im explaining it right lol I also have a seven year old son thats constantly trying to do as they do so geared toward the really young works for me as well

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments inaword wrote: "Want to Go Private?

maybe also Backlash

Though these may be more suitable for older kids, teenagers really"

Thank you i will check them all out anyways, i will need them in the future if nothing else!

message 5: by inaword (new)

inaword | 131 comments There's a safety PSA on YouTube somewhere, Caught in the Web I think it's called

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments inaword wrote: "There's a safety PSA on YouTube somewhere, Caught in the Web I think it's called"

Thank you i have actually watched this i believe, but my kids also know not to believe everything they see on YouTube so it kinda makes them think im exaggerating the dangers when i try to get them to watch some of these lol

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments Rosa wrote: "A Smart Girl's Guide to Boys: Surviving Crushes, Staying True to Yourself & Other Stuff contains some useful information about web safety."

Thank you i will check it out!

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments Thank you Paige and Rosa i appreciate all these suggestions!