What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Arrangement
This topic is about The Arrangement
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical romance. English Widow runs an inn in rented building (to be sold), gives riding lessons, raises her illegitimate nephew. Duke helps her find a new place. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rene (new)

Rene Seaman | 5 comments A widow runs an inn in a rented building. She also gives riding lessons. She is raising her nephew, whom she believes is illegitimate. She is told her building has been sold and she must move. A duke stops at the inn and decides to help her look for a new place. He moves her, her horse and her nephew to his estate. THey find out that the nephew is actually legitimate and the heir to an earldom (I believe it is an earldom). The duke helps establish the boy as the earl and marries the widow. I read this approximately 10 years ago. It was a paperback in my home library, but lost in a fire. Short title (2 words?) Woman author. I appreciate any help.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate | 5 comments Any particular time period or country for the setting?

message 3: by Rene (new)

Rene Seaman | 5 comments Kate wrote: "Any particular time period or country for the setting?"

The country is England. I believe the period is Regency, but am not completely sure. The book is also written in the first person.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Mar 24, 2018 01:54PM) (new)

Kris | 35176 comments Mod
Rene, how old is the boy and is he definitely her "nephew"? How did she come to raise the boy?

Who was her husband, and how did he die?

message 5: by Rene (new)

Rene Seaman | 5 comments Kris wrote: "Rene, how old is the boy and is he definitely her "nephew"? How did she come to raise the boy?

Who was her husband, and how did he die?"

Her husbands name, I believe was Tommy. He was not titled. I do not remember how he died. It happened before the beginning of the book. The boy is fairly young. I can't remember exactly how old, but in the neighborhood of 9-12. He is definitely the widow's nephew. He is her deceased sister's child. If I remember correctly the sister secretly married a nobleman, but didn't tell her sister. The nobleman left the sister and married a noblewoman under pressure from his father. I believe there were daughters from the bigamous marriage. I hope I am not getting my stories confused!

message 6: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4229 comments Looking at the current title, this is solved?

links: The Arrangement by Joan Wolf

message 7: by Rene (new)

Rene Seaman | 5 comments Ayshe wrote: "Looking at the current title, this is solved?

links: The Arrangement by Joan Wolf"

Yes, this is solved. Thanks everyone for their input.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35176 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Rene.

I added plot details (not the title) to the topic header. This is most helpful for future searches.

message 9: by Rene (new)

Rene Seaman | 5 comments Kris wrote: "Glad you found your book, Rene.

I added plot details (not the title) to the topic header. This is most helpful for future searches."

Thanks again.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Arrangement (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Joan Wolf (other topics)