YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Madrid (S)- Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 279 (279 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by ❤ Aly ❤ (last edited Mar 24, 2018 12:45PM) (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Team Madrid:
✓Jennifer
✓Leah
✓Ashley
Sarah
✓Gillian
✓❤ Aly ❤

message 2: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Current Cards:

message 3: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Yay Aly glad you knew how to make the threads as I have no idea how it's done.

message 4: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2146 comments Checking in.

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Checking in!

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Checking in

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments I feel like we got lucky with cards! We only have a few that seem super hard. I’m going through now and finding books that fit, and I’ll post them here to see if anyone wants to BR any.

What does everyone think the best way to keep track of what everyone is reading is? Maybe a document that we fill in when we start a book and then highlight it or something when it’s done?

message 8: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2146 comments That's a good idea.

message 9: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Can someone make a google doc?

message 10: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Or I could always make a tracking thread?

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Here's some I was wanting to read, we have a decent amount of wilds, let me know if anyone wants to BR any of these! Some of these were hard for me to think of ones, but I put what I could think of. I usually have 2-3 books going at once
Wilds
Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3) by Amie Kaufman

-5. Blue Four - 'The Blue Four' - Read books with guitars (or other musical instruments) on the cover or in the title (, or read books by author's named 'Chris', 'James', 'Patrick', or 'Rynn'.
The Vixen's Lead (Kit Davenport, #1) by Tate James Angelbound (Angelbound Origins #1) by Christina Bauer To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo (it looks like there is a BR for this one already, I will start there, its not until the 8th though)

Red Four - 'Red 4' - Read books which have the letters 'A', 'I', and 'R' in the title. (Title must contain all 3 letters, but in any order.)
Faerie Blood (The Changeling Chronicles, #1) by Emma L. Adams The Pirate Princess (Sovereigns of the Seas Book 1) by K.R. Martin Air and Ash (TIDES, #1) by Alex Lidell

31. Yellow Zero - 'Mello Yello Zero' - Read books which feature the word 'sweet' in the title (I got all of the below from this list- https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/... )
The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas

23. Red Two - 'Red 2' - Read books whose title's contain the letter 'W'
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas The Witch Hunter (The Witch Hunter, #1) by Virginia Boecker The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1) by Rin Chupeco Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1) by Shannon Mayer The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw

(3)**7. Blue Six - 'Blue Six' - Read books based in New York or books with the words 'New' or 'York' in the title
Queen Mecca (NYC Mecca, #4) by Leia Stone City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare

(4)**15. Green Four - 'Green 4 Solutions' - Read books which feature sports or athletes
I hate this topic, does anyone like these kinds of books?

(5)**24. Red Three - 'RED 3' - Read books whose title's contain the letter 'B'
Sabriel (Abhorsen, #1) by Garth Nix Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1) by Rosamund Hodge Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1) by Elly Blake The Queen of Blood (The Queens of Renthia, #1) by Sarah Beth Durst Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments ❤ Aly ❤ wrote: "Can someone make a google doc?"

I can try to make a google doc! I will attempt it right now

message 13: by Ashley (last edited Mar 30, 2018 08:44AM) (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Okay here is a google doc, I just threw it together so please change it if you want it to look different! Can everyone see this and edit it?

message 14: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments I can see it.

Does anyone have a preference between and Google Doc and a Google Sheet?

Just thinking of the grid look for sheets.. that’s my bad for not thinking of it before

message 15: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Since I didn’t think of that, if you ladies want to do a sheet instead I will make it

message 16: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Aly that works for me! I’m bad at making things organized!

message 17: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Sending doc

message 18: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments I only had yesterday to access my books but unfortunately my time zone did not fit in with when we got the cards. Normally this is not an issue but I am still on sick leave and all my books are stored on my work computer. So I will just pick books that I already have on my phone or more than likely I will buy books that the rest of the team put up.

message 19: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments @Ashley none of these have Sweet in the title the spot you got them from was sweet books. :(
31. Yellow Zero - 'Mello Yello Zero' - Read books which feature the word 'sweet' in the title (I got all of the below from this list- https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/... )
The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas

message 20: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Hi Gillian! It's one of the lists they gave, I can't figure out how to copy and paste the links from the main Uno sign up page, but it was the one they called "Popular Sweet Books". I will definitely double check before I use any of them, though!

message 21: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments With the cards, there are multiple categories that you can use.. I didn’t add them all to the spreadsheet because it would have been very long.. lol

message 22: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Well.. I think I did have it on the spreadsheet.. idk.. lol

message 23: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments LOL some of those topics are so long! I copied them into a notepad on my phone so I could search for books and it was a huge wall of text so I made everything smaller but then I forgot what it all was. It was a mess

message 24: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments @ Ashley
I can read The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima from your
23. Red Two - 'Red 2' - Read books whose title's contain the letter 'W' with you.

message 25: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Gillian wrote: "@Ashley none of these have Sweet in the title the spot you got them from was sweet books. :(
31. Yellow Zero - 'Mello Yello Zero' - Read books which feature the word 'sweet' in the title (I got all..."

Iol didn't realise it was not the full description sorry for the mix up.

message 26: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Gillian wrote: "@ Ashley
I can read The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima from your
23. Red Two - 'Red 2' - Read books whose title's contain the letter 'W' with you."

Awesome Gillian! I actually really like that series I don't know why I never finished it! What day works for you to start? I can do any day after the 3rd

message 27: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Does anyone like reading sports books and can you make it through 4 of them? Or does anyone think it’s worth using one of our passes on?

message 28: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Ashley wrote: "Gillian wrote: "@ Ashley
23. Red Two - 'Red 2' - Read books whose title's contain the letter 'W' with you."

Awesome Gillian! I actual..."

4th works for me Ashley

message 29: by Gillian (last edited Mar 25, 2018 02:18PM) (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Ashley wrote: "Does anyone like reading sports books and can you make it through 4 of them? Or does anyone think it’s worth using one of our passes on?"

I think I still have some of those awful romance sports books on my computer at work.

message 30: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Off Sides (Off, #1) by Sawyer Bennett Found 2 so far if anyone wants to buddy read ? if not I can keep looking for more.

message 31: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments @Gillian, I set up the thread for the 4th for Gray Wolf!

I read that Chicago Stars book for another challenge a few months ago, I can only stand romance book occasionally but that wasn't the worst one I've ever read!

message 32: by Leah (last edited Mar 25, 2018 08:47PM) (new)

Leah | 2146 comments If possible, I would like to do The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan for a Wild Card. I'm going to buddy read it with my sister either way. Also, I have a couple of sports romances, if they are needed.

message 33: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Leah wrote: "If possible, I would like to do The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan for a Wild Card. I'm going to buddy read it with my sister either way. Also, I have a couple of sports romances, if ..."

Awesome which ones do you have?

message 34: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2612 comments Good Luck!

message 35: by Leah (last edited Mar 26, 2018 01:03PM) (new)

Leah | 2146 comments I have Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally , Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally , and Exes and Goals A Slapshot Novel (Slapshot Series, #1) by Heather C. Myers .

message 36: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments @Ashley
I can buddy read Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3) by Amie Kaufman with you. Pick any date you like and just let me know.
@Leah
I will have a look to see if I can get any of them.

message 37: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2146 comments Okay. Let me know if you can get any of them.

message 38: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Gillian wrote: "@Ashley
I can buddy read Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3) by Amie Kaufman with you. Pick any date you like and just let me know.
@Leah
I will have a look to see if I can get any of them."

That makes me so happy!! I'm sitting here dying to read it but am making myself wait for Uno to start. Do you want to start right on the 1st? It looks like there is a current thread for it going so we could probably just jump right in

message 39: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Leah wrote: "I have Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally, Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally, and Exes and Goals A Slapshot Novel (Slapshot Series, #1) by Heather C. Myers."

I can get Exes and Goals from Kindle Unlimited

message 40: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2146 comments Okay. Do you want to set up a buddy read for it?

message 41: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Leah wrote: "Okay. Do you want to set up a buddy read for it?"

Sure when do you want it?

message 42: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2146 comments Is April 4 okay for you?

message 43: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments I just set up a BR for The Deal (Off-Campus, #1) by Elle Kennedy on the 6th- it can count as a Yellow Zero or a Green 4.

I also have KU, so I will join you guys as often as possible so we can complete our categories faster.

message 44: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments I have KU also! I have a really hard time with straight romance books though. This one is in KU and can be a blue 4 for authors named James, if anyone wants to read this with me sometime? The Vixen's Lead (Kit Davenport, #1) by Tate James

message 45: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Alright Ashley, let’s do it! Can you set up the thread? I can’t do it from my phone. Any day works.

message 46: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Jennifer wrote: "Alright Ashley, let’s do it! Can you set up the thread? I can’t do it from my phone. Any day works."

Sure, setting it up now! I'll put it for the 3rd :)

@Gillian- I just realized we can use Obsidio for the "title that contains the B", I moved mine down there but I didn't want to move yours in case you wanted it where it was :)

message 47: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments @Leah I have asked for the 4th

@Ashley I moved mine also

message 48: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Ashley wrote: "I have KU also! I have a really hard time with straight romance books though. This one is in KU and can be a blue 4 for authors named James, if anyone wants to read this with me sometime? [bookcove..."

I can read that one with you Ashley pick any date and let me know.

message 49: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Gillian wrote: "Ashley wrote: "I have KU also! I have a really hard time with straight romance books though. This one is in KU and can be a blue 4 for authors named James, if anyone wants to read this with me some..."

Perfect, I set it for the 3rd! I hope it's good

message 50: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments I have a book I can use for the NYC card, but it's the 4th book in a KU series so I don't think I can get a buddy for it, its this one: Queen Mecca (NYC Mecca, #4) by Leia Stone

If no one cares that it's going to a low point book with no buddy, I can probably get through it pretty fast in between my other books just to move that category along! I am having the hardest time finding other New York books

« previous 1 3 4 5 6
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.