YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
This topic is about The Name of the Wind
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle #1) by Patrick Rothfuss - Restarting August 7th 2020

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Told in Kvothe's own voice, this is the tale of the magically gifted young man who grows to be the most notorious wizard his world has ever seen.

The intimate narrative of his childhood in a troupe of traveling players, his years spent as a near-feral orphan in a crime-ridden city, his daringly brazen yet successful bid to enter a legendary school of magic, and his life as a fugitive after the murder of a king form a gripping coming-of-age story unrivaled in recent literature.

A high-action story written with a poet's hand, The Name of the Wind is a masterpiece that will transport readers into the body and mind of a wizard.

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Might be a bit late getting to this (still trying to finish off a different book), but hoping to start in the next few days!

Lesa Divine | 1513 comments Me too trying to finish up 3 books right now...but I'm hoping to get to this this weekend.

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments I FINISHED A CHAPTER. AHA.

...only took me ten days. Oops.

Anywaysssss... Ch1: (view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch7 (view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch14 (view spoiler)

Slowly getting through this... only 16% complete though, which is kinda terrifying ._.

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch24 (view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch32 (view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch43 (view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch70 (view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Ch82 (view spoiler)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Finished! (view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84128 comments Mod
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date changed. Restarting August 13th 2018. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Klancy | 1339 comments Page 96: The book is really slow. I feel like hardly anything is happening

Klancy | 1339 comments Page 238: (view spoiler)

Klancy | 1339 comments Page 322: (view spoiler)

Klancy | 1339 comments Page 396: (view spoiler)

Klancy | 1339 comments Finished the book: It was actually kind of underwhelming for me. Also, what was up with (view spoiler)

message 19: by Ari (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ari J Moreno (arituzz) | 316 comments Klancy wrote: "Finished the book: It was actually kind of underwhelming for me. Also, what was up with [spoilers removed]"

Same! I never understood the hype with this one. For me, it was okay but not great. I expected more.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting February 20th 2019. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Date changed. Restarting June 12th 2020. Happy Reading ☺

message 22: by Laura (last edited Jun 15, 2020 12:27AM) (new) - added it

Laura | 1229 comments Chapter 4 (view spoiler)

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Date changed. Restarting August 7th 2020. Happy Reading ☺

message 24: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura | 1229 comments Chapter 6 (view spoiler)

message 25: by Claire (new) - added it

Claire Chibi | 1833 comments Starting this one today!

message 26: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura | 1229 comments Claire wrote: "Starting this one today!"
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing what you think.

message 27: by Claire (new) - added it

Claire Chibi | 1833 comments Chapter 2
(view spoiler)

message 28: by Claire (new) - added it

Claire Chibi | 1833 comments Chapter 3
(view spoiler)

message 29: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura | 1229 comments I don't think i am going to get this one done this month! A lot of things have come up and I haven't had the time to keep reading it.

message 30: by Claire (new) - added it

Claire Chibi | 1833 comments No worries, I'm not sure if I will be able to finish it either although I will keep trying. Hope things are going alright for you!

message 31: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura | 1229 comments Claire wrote: "No worries, I'm not sure if I will be able to finish it either although I will keep trying. Hope things are going alright for you!"

That's cool, then! School is just getting a bit busy!