Horse Book Lovers discussion

Horse Books- Any Genre-

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 6 comments Hi everyone! I am really in need of a horse book, and fast. I have read most of them at my public library, so I want to expand. It would be really helpful if you could comment some of your personal favorites! Thanks so much guys! :)

message 2: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Akervik | 4 comments My absolute favorite is King of the Wind. Marguerite Henry's books and Walter Farley's inspired me to write my YA novel A Horse Named Viking.

message 3: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 6 comments I love the black stallion books myself as well. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

message 4: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 6 comments Caroline- I just looked up your book, A Horse Named Viking, and it seems like a very well thought out book. I think that the plot seems interesting (not one of those other typical horse related books). This is a book that I will have to get on Amazon as soon as possible!
Thanks for your suggestion! :)

message 5: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Akervik | 4 comments I also love Seabiscuit. That's a great story. I am always on the lookout for a great new horse story, so please share your suggestions.
Thanks!

message 6: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 6 comments Caroline, I loved seabiscuit! It was a great story that was really enjoyable for me!

message 7: by Brittney (last edited Dec 01, 2014 04:12PM) (new)

Brittney (brittney_joy) | 4 comments Hi Kenzie,

I actually have a blog called "Horsie-Book Reviews" - you'll find lots of equine-fiction reviews there (link below)!

http://brittneyjoybooks.squarespace.c...

Brittney Joy
Red Rock Ranch Lucy's Chance by Brittney Joy Showdown (Red Rock Ranch, book 2) by Brittney Joy

message 8: by Clare (new)

Clare O'Beara | 6 comments Hi Kenzie,

I also review horse books on my website blog, because I have been asked to do this. I review fact and fiction, including some really unusual books but all ones which can be easily bought or downloaded.
www.clareobeara.ie

This blog also gives details of places of interest which are particularly accessible for people with disabilities to visit, and of books relating to nature and the environment. So keep reading down as I place new posts of the three categories every week.

message 9: by Holly (new)

Holly (goldikova) I just added this to my to-read list:
Coolmore Stud Ireland's Greatest Sporting Success Story by Alan Conway Coolmore Stud: Ireland's Greatest Sporting Success Story

This is one I know I will have to buy a copy of, so I will order it the next time I need something from Amazon.

message 10: by Roland (new)

Roland Clarke (goodreadscomroland_clarke) | 1 comments I'm a retired equestrian journalist and try to stay in touch with the sport of eventing, which I covered primarily.

I recently read and recommended The Cowgirl Jumped Over the Moon by Linda Ballou [https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...] - review at https://rolandclarke.com/2017/08/24/t...

I've also written a mystery set in eventing world - Spiral of Hooves - details on www.rolandclarke.com

Good reading.