Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Pease Come to Our Easter Prarade Starts Monday

Comments Showing 1-50 of 190 (190 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Ladies, This is one of our two events this year! Starting Monday, we expect to see you all here with your Easster finery on display ready to walk down Fifth Ave, NEW YORK CITY! Don't miss the fun and don't forget those hats! Invite a friend-bring your aunt Fanny but don't forget Your HATS!!

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 265 comments I’ll try! Hats are not my thing

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula Shreckhise | 74 comments How about we post a book with a hat on it! A hat we might wear to an Easter Parade! I’ll start! Across the Blue by Carrie Turansky
Let’s make it a book we have read. Easy to look for them under our “read books” here on goodreads!

message 4: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Paula wrote: "How about we post a book with a hat on it! A hat we might wear to an Easter Parade! I’ll start! Across the Blue by Carrie Turansky
Let’s make it a book we have read. Easy to look for them under o..."

What a great idea, Paula! Would you care to tell those of us who don't know how the way to post a picture? I'd appreciate it. And remember ladies, the year our parade takes place is 1870. They had WILD hats then!

message 5: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments I can't wait. We are going to have such fun preparing for our parade! Ladies, when you come to join us, bring your sewing baskets and the dresses and hats you are trimming to wear in the Easter parade on Friday. We will help each other pin up hems and do last minute sewing and trimming while sharing our favorite family Easter stories!

No cooking needed this time...our meals will be catered. Of course if you have a favorite Easter candy you make and would care to bring some along to share with us I'm sure no one would object. : )

See you on Monday! And remember--the year is 1870!

message 6: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Jennifer wrote: "I’ll try! Hats are not my thing"

I agree with you, Jennifer. But since the year is 1870 hats really are quite the thing! Have you SEEN some of the wild trimmings they wore? I'm going to go wild with mine. Care to try to outdo me? : )

message 7: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Dorothy wrote: "Paula wrote: "How about we post a book with a hat on it! A hat we might wear to an Easter Parade! I’ll start! Across the Blue by Carrie Turansky
Let’s make it a book we have read. Easy to look fo..."

Thanks for the year. Now, I know what year to research.

message 8: by Paula (new)

Paula Shreckhise | 74 comments You will see the “Add book/author” in the line just above this box. Touch that and you can put in the title of a book and hit search. To get the cover image touch the correct word just below and to the left. You will see numbers come up. As soon as you hit “post” the image will come up. You can add text before you hit “post”.

message 10: by Dorothy (new)

message 11: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Yea! I did it! But my text disappeared.

Thank you, Paula. It took me three times but I finally got it to work.

Do any of you remember this cover?

message 12: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments not sure how to add a pic here.

message 13: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Good morning, Jenny! You're the first one here. We're all going to have a wonderful time visiting while we sew and trim our Easter dresses and bonnets.

If you read Paula's message number 8, she explains how to post a picture from the Goodreads listings. You start by clicking on the words add book/author (in blue) just above this comment box. Read Paula's message and it will explain what to do next. It took me three tries but I got it! Can't wait to see your hat!

message 14: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Good morning! I'm so excited to begin our week of preparation for the Easter parade! I'm sipping a cup of tea and nibbling at a breakfast roll while waiting to assign rooms to the eager arrivals.

It occurred to me as I arrived early this morning that this "lodge" needs a name befitting it's Love Inspired Historical heritage. I'm going to ask each lady who attends our Easter preparation week to suggest a name or names. Also, I think it would be helpful if each of the eight rooms had a name, and that it would be lovely if they were named for famous women. So, I am going to ask each attendee to suggest the name of a woman they admire. And, though I realize most of the women named will have achieved fame prior to this year, we will allow the names of woman from this year, 1870, to be entered for consideration.

Ooh, I think I hear buggy wheels on the gravel way i front of the lodge! I'll just put down my tea and go to the desk to greet and register our guest.

message 15: by Lyn (new)

Her Captain's Heart (Gabriel Sisters, #1) by Lyn Cote This is the only one of my books that I think sports a 19th c hat but I doubt many Quakers walked down FIFTH AVE NEW YORK CITY!! I'll look for another. '-)

message 16: by Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance (last edited Mar 26, 2018 06:39AM) (new)

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments Morning everyone! I know I have missed a few of our Q&As but I am swamped at work. I can't wait to see everyone's hats. I chose mine but it is from 1875 which may be a little later but Beth was so kind as to let me borrow it and I love it! Frontier Matchmaker Bride by Regina Scott

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments Well since we are all readers I think a room honoring Jane Austen would be most appropriate.

message 18: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Good morning, Lyn! I'm so glad you could make our gathering today! I'm assigning you to room number four. It's a lovely large room with a view of the pond. Just turn right at the top of the stairs and head for the dressing room at the end of the hall. Your room is located in the front corner.

I thought it would be good to choose a permanent name for our Love Inspired group lodge and the rooms. Would you care to suggest an appropriate name for the lodge? And, also, the name of a famous American lady for your room? We will vote on the names later in the week.

I like the bonnet on your cover, but I agree with you, it's unlikely a young Quaker woman would be in the FIFTH AVENUE EASTER PARADE. I didn't think about using one of my own covers. Hmm, I don't know about hats on my covers...

message 19: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance wrote: "Morning everyone! I know I have missed a few of our Q&As but I am swamped at work. I can't wait to see everyone's hats. I chose mine but it is from 1875 which may be a little later but Beth was so ..."

The hat is wonderful, Laura. Thank you for the sneak preview of what we will be wearing in the not too distant future! : )

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments Thank you Dorothy, I didn't realize we needed to choose an American Woman for the nomination so I guess Jane Austen is out.

message 21: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance wrote: "Well since we are all readers I think a room honoring Jane Austen would be most appropriate."

Welcome, Laura! I'm so pleased you could make it to our Easter Parade event! I'm going to assign you to room number two. It's the first door on your left at the top of the stairs. It has a wonderful view of the pond out front.

Jane Austen is a wonderful suggestion. I'm sure all of the ladies will vote to adopt it for the room name! Have you a suggestion for a name for the lodge?

message 22: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Monday Ladies! I think Love's Heritage Hall would be a good name for the lodge.

A Refuge at Highland Hall (Edwardian Brides, #3) by Carrie Turansky

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments Morning Andrea, I like your name suggestion for the lodge

message 24: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Greetings, Andrea! I'm so pleased you could make it to our Easter Parade preparation event! Did you remember to bring your sewing basket with you? If not, it's of no matter; I'll explain why this evening, after our catered dinner.

I'm going to put you in room number one. Turn left at the top of the stairs and walk toward the dressing room at the end of the hall. Room number one is the last door on your left. It, too, is a spacious corner room with a view of the pond out front of the lodge. We each have our own room at the moment--I'm in number three--but I will assign roommates as more members arrive.

I like your name suggestion for the lodge...Love's Heritage Hall... it has an elegance to it. I'm putting it in the suggestion box for the ladies to vote on later this week. Have you a suggested name for your room?

message 25: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Late start for me today as I am doing spring cleaning on drawers and closets. This will be a nice break. I have to figure the style of my hat but it will be a blue in color. Excited to meet everyone.
thanks for holding this Dorothy and Lyn. I did bring my sewing basket as well as my embroidery to work on. If I read, I will ignore the discussion but I like to keep busy.

message 26: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Hi, Lyn, Dorothy , Andrea, Laura, and Jenny! Glad to see that you got here safely, Jenny, since you have so far to travel.

message 27: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Welcome, Melinda! It's so good to have you here with us! I see your sewing basket is overflowing. Is that misty blue ribbon going to be used to trim your dress as well as your hat? It's lovely.

I'm going to put you in room number five. It's the corner room across from Andrea. You will be close to the dressing room and have a beautiful view of the forested mountains out back.

Do you have a suggestion for a name for the lodge or for your room? I'm putting them all in a box for the ladies to vote on later this week. We have a few lovey suggestions already.

message 28: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Andrea, I forgot to mention that I really like your hat! I'm sure you will look lovely in it!

message 29: by Lyn (new)

Dorothy wrote: "Good morning, Lyn! I'm so glad you could make our gathering today! I'm assigning you to room number four. It's a lovely large room with a view of the pond. Just turn right at the top of the stairs ..."

How about the Abigail Adams room?

message 30: by Paula (new)

Paula Shreckhise | 74 comments Hi, I like the name of the lodge already mentioned. I’ll nominate Dolly Madison for a room. American Heritage it is!

message 31: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments We could have a Martha Washington room too.

message 32: by Paula (new)

Paula Shreckhise | 74 comments My Heart Belongs in the Shenandoah Valley Lily's Dilemma by Andrea Boeshaar or The Heart's Appeal (London Beginnings #2) by Jennifer Delamere

message 33: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Lyn wrote: "Dorothy wrote: "Good morning, Lyn! I'm so glad you could make our gathering today! I'm assigning you to room number four. It's a lovely large room with a view of the pond. Just turn right at the to..."

Abigail Adams...a good suggestion, Lyn. I'll place her name in the box.

message 34: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Dolly Madison! Another good suggestion, Paula! And please accept my apology. I was so excited by the beginning of our Easter parade event, I forgot to announce that I had assigned you to room number six. It's a large room conveniently located directly across the hallway from the top of the stairs. The windows look out on the high, forested mountains. I know you will be comfortable. See you at our catered dinner this evening at six o'clock!

message 35: by Lyn (new)

Ladies, tomorrow in real life I have a doctor's appt and a dentist appt. So I'll see you on Weds! Have fun while I'm sitting in the dentist chair!

message 36: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Jenny, Martha Washington is a great suggestion! Her name goes in the box, also. And, I owe you an apology, also. You were the first one here and because of the hour I simply showed you to your assigned room...number seven, also located directly across the hallway from the top of the stairs. I don't know what the scenery outside your bedroom window is like at home in Australia. I hope you enjoy the view of the forested mountain.

message 37: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Paula, how clever to bring two hats--one for a sunny day and a more sensible one if the weather is cool! I like them both, but my favorite is the "topper" with the jaunty tilt.

message 38: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments Oh the beautiful Blue room Thank you so much. I love the Mountains. I am off to the dr shortly

message 39: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments I have neglected to suggest a name for my room--number three. I'm going to follow Paula's thought process and suggest a woman writer, Louisa May Alcott. Little Women is one of my all time favorite stories. And I love the movie version with June Allyson and Margaret O'Brien!

message 40: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Ladies it is time to gather in the dining room for our catered supper. We are having braised pork chops and noodles, roasted chicken and gravy, mashed potatoes, slivered carrots and rutabaga with butter and parsley, and your choice of gingerbread cake with lemon sauce, or apple cobbler for dessert.

Please share any of your favorite family Easter stories while we eat. And, if you think of any more names to suggest for the lodge or the rooms, including the dining room and gathering room and reading room let me know so I can add them to the suggestion box!

Jenny, is there any traditional Australian Easter practice, or food or candy that we might not be familiar with here in America?

message 41: by Paula (new)

Paula Shreckhise | 74 comments How about the Memorial Dining Room.
I’ll say the dinner selections are divine!

message 42: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments I'm so glad you are enjoying the meal, Paula. I agree with you. The food is delicious! The Memorial Dining Room sounds is quite appropriate. I certainly have memories of dinners and balls and parties with our favored Love Inspired heroes that took place in this room. : )

message 43: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments I'm so glad you are enjoying the meal, Paula. I agree with you. The food is delicious! The Memorial Dining Room sounds is quite appropriate. I certainly have memories of dinners and balls and parties with our favored Love Inspired heroes that took place in this room. : )

message 44: by Dorothy (new)

message 45: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments How about all of you? Do you have fond memories of the events we have enjoyed in this room?

Jenny, do you remember the beautiful blue gown you wore when you waltzed around this room in your hero's arms? I still remember how your eyes sparkled above your blushing cheeks as he gazed down at you. Have you any more names to suggest? Anyone? We are not limited in the amount of suggestions we may make. Hmm, let me think...

What about something like Forever Friends Gathering Room? That's not quite what I'm feeling, but it's close. Anyone care to make a suggestion for another name for the gathering room? Or Dining Room? Or lodge? We want to have a selection to vote on.

Amanda, would you pass the rutabaga please.

message 46: by Paula (new)

Paula Shreckhise | 74 comments How about the Fireside Chat Room. And some hot chocolate!

message 47: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments I like that , Paula. Especially the hot chocolate part. : ) We can sip some while I tell you all what is planned for tomorrow.
Shall we repair to the gathering room while the ladies clean the dining room?

message 48: by Melinda (last edited Mar 26, 2018 05:14PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Dorothy wrote: "Welcome, Melinda! It's so good to have you here with us! I see your sewing basket is overflowing. Is that misty blue ribbon going to be used to trim your dress as well as your hat? It's lovely.

I'..."

Dorothy,
the view is wonderful from my room. A name for my room or one of the rooms could be The Betsy Ross Room.

Until now ,I had not notice that most of the Love Inspired recent covers do not have hats on the ladies. I have found one that I may like.

message 49: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments The food is wonderful , Dorothy. I wonder if it is the air that makes it all taste better. I know the food is always good when we meet.

message 50: by Melinda (last edited Mar 26, 2018 05:30PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments His Frontier Christmas Family (Frontier Bachelors #7) by Regina Scott

Finally got a cover to take. It is a little later about 1875 but looks like the ones I have found from 1870,
Thanks for the instructions Paula.

« previous 1 3 4