YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Palma (F) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Em⋆ (last edited Apr 15, 2018 04:51PM) (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments Team Palma:

Nadia
Michalina ✔️
Ellie
Brittani
Clarice ✔️
Chloe ✔️
Susan ✔️
Tammy ✔️
Carrie ✔️

Please check in before April 1st!

Review thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 2: by Michalina (new)

Michalina (bookovelove) | 102 comments Checking in! So excited for this challenge 🙂

message 3: by Em⋆ (last edited Mar 24, 2018 01:11AM) (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments Hi Michalina, me too!! I can't wait to see our cards! ☺

message 4: by Katarzyna (new)

Katarzyna | 114 comments Hey everyone! I am super excited to be doing this challenge with you all! The start of April can't come soon enough...

message 5: by Katarzyna (last edited Mar 24, 2018 07:26AM) (new)

Katarzyna | 114 comments Also... Cards are now posted in the team review thread!!! :)

message 6: by Em⋆ (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments Hi Chloe!! I've checked you in. Yes, I saw the cards. We already have 20 bonus points! I can do a spreadsheet to keep track if you want.

message 7: by Michalina (new)

Michalina (bookovelove) | 102 comments Yes, a spreadsheet would be a great idea!

message 8: by Katarzyna (new)

Katarzyna | 114 comments I agree! A spreadsheet would be awesome!

message 9: by Em⋆ (last edited Mar 24, 2018 09:58AM) (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments Great! I'll do one when I get home

message 10: by Em⋆ (last edited Mar 24, 2018 12:33PM) (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments The link for the spreadsheet is on the first comment. It's very simple so change whatever you want

message 11: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83081 comments Mod
Hi Team Palma, just to let you know that I am adding Susan to your team ☺

message 12: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2493 comments Good Luck!

message 13: by Em⋆ (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments Thanks! :)

message 14: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Adding Tammy to your team ☺

message 15: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (candypie23) | 12 comments Thanks!!! I’m excited about this challenge!!!

message 16: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (candypie23) | 12 comments Hi TEAM!!!

message 17: by Em⋆ (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments Hi Tammy!! There is a spreadsheet on the first comment, so if you want you can put the books you plan on reading.

message 18: by Katarzyna (new)

Katarzyna | 114 comments Hey Tammy! Glad to have you on the team! Can it be April already?!?

message 19: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2362 comments Hi there, checking in

message 20: by Em⋆ (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments Hi Susan! I've checked you in :)

message 21: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2362 comments I see the spreadsheet but how do we get cards so I can add some books?

message 22: by Em⋆ (last edited Mar 27, 2018 02:42PM) (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments This are our cards:
1)**51. Red 'Draw Two' - Get two new categories instead of one! Both categories will be from the red cards, and will be chosen using random.org.
---21. Red Zero - 'Big Red Zero' - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'D', 'I', 'E', and 'T'. (Hint: the following words all contain the letters 'D', 'I', 'E', and 'T' - detective, deception, restricted/unrestricted, wildest, education, destiny, tide, spirited.)
---23. Red Two - 'Red 2' - Read books whose title's contain the letter 'W' (for 'Warren Ellis') (The letter 'W' can be anywhere in the title, as long as it appears at least once.)
(2)**59. Wild Draw Four - Get four new categories/cards instead of one! (And, one of these categories/cards is guaranteed to be a Wild Card!)
---53. Wild Card - Read ANY book.
---7. Blue Six - 'Blue Six' - Read books based in New York (These shelves might help - New York (the state), Manhattan, New York City, New York, New York City, New York), or books with the words 'New' or 'York' in the title (can also be part of a word such as knew, newborn, or anew).
---37. Yellow Six - 'Yellow 6 Design' - Read books whose titles contain items of furniture, we will accept 'table', 'chair', 'bed', 'wardrobe', 'mirror', 'cabinet' 'cupboard', 'couch', 'lamp', or 'throne'. (letters must appear in order, but can be part of other words, such as; climbed, prescribed, obedient, unsuitable, unforgettable, unpredictable, inevitable.)(this list might help - Furniture In The Title) or, read books with items of furniture on the cover.
---35. Yellow Four - 'Yellow 4' - Read books with a female main character.
(3)**58. Wild Draw Four - Get four new categories/cards instead of one! (And, one of these categories/cards is guaranteed to be a Wild Card!)
---55. Wild Card - Read ANY book.
---54. Wild Card - Read ANY book.
---42. Green 'Skip' - 'Skip' a category/card! Gain 10 bonus points just for landing on this card, and then receive another new category/card. (Your new card will be a 'green' card.)
---11. Green Zero - 'Green_ZERO' - Read books which contain the letters 'R', 'T', and 'S' in the title (for 'real-time strategy') (titles must contain all 3 letters, but can be in any order).(Examples of words which contain the letters 'R', 'T', and 'S' are; start, story, short, first, star, and disaster).
---24. Red Three - 'RED 3' - Read books whose title's contain the letter 'B' (for 'Bruce Willis') (The letter 'B' can be anywhere in the title, as long as it appears at least once.)
(4)**29. Red Eight - 'RedEight' - Read books which contain the word 'fin' as part of their title. (for finance) (letters must appear in order, but can be part of words such as; fine, infinity, find, finding, final, Serafina, finally, finish etc.)
(5)**44. Yellow 'Skip' - 'Skip' a category/card! Gain 10 bonus points just for landing on this card, and then receive another new category/card. (Your new card will be a 'yellow' card.)
(6)**27. Red Six - 'Red Six' - Read books set in Canada, or written by Canadian authors. (These lists might help - Canadian YA, Montreal, Quebec (Montréal, Québec), Quebec (Québec), Canada) 

message 23: by Em⋆ (last edited Mar 27, 2018 06:35PM) (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments Chloe I want to read Red Queen too, so if you want, we could BR it!

message 24: by Katarzyna (new)

Katarzyna | 114 comments I'd love to do a BR of Red Queen with you! Let me know when you would like to start. 😊

message 25: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2362 comments Do we just pick any card?

message 26: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2362 comments I figured it out.

I was wondering, I started A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas back in June of last year and I am going to start over. I still have 444 pages to read. Since I am starting from the beginning can I count that book? I have to start over because I have no clue what was happening in this book at all. It's been to long.

I also have a book I would like to read that I have coming to me from the library called Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons, #1) by Christina Lauren that fits that category and I was wondering if I can take 2 spots on one card?

I will wait to hear back before I decide on more books

message 27: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (candypie23) | 12 comments I’m still trying to figure this out...so our first book we have to read a book that begins with the LETTERS D,I,E, and or T?

message 28: by Katarzyna (new)

Katarzyna | 114 comments Hi Susan! Yes, you can count that book, as well as take up two spots on one card.
Hi Tammy! For that card, the title of the book has to contain all of those letters, but they can be in any order and in any of the words within the title.

I hope that helps! :)

message 29: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2362 comments I have taken quite a few spots and if anyone needs to bump me please do. These are the books I will for sure be reading the first week because I am using them for other challenges too.

A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons, #1) by Christina Lauren and Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3) by Amie Kaufman

those 3 books will be read the first week in April so those are the only ones I will ask you don't bump me from.

I am really excited for this challenge to start. I am looking forward to restarting ACOWAR and of course I am dying to read Obsidio

message 30: by Em⋆ (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments Great Chloe :) Does April 9th works for you? If not, we can choose another day!

message 31: by Katarzyna (new)

Katarzyna | 114 comments April 9th works great for me to buddy read Red Queen! I can't wait!

message 32: by Em⋆ (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments Awesome! I'll request the thread for the 9th then

message 33: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2362 comments Can I join you both in the buddy read for Red Queen?

message 34: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2362 comments It's a series I have always wanted to read and doing a buddy read will make me read it finally

message 35: by Em⋆ (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments Of course Susan!! The more the merrier 😀

message 36: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2362 comments •Lucia• wrote: "Of course Susan!! The more the merrier 😀"

I can't wait

message 37: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hi Team Palma, just to let you know that I am adding Carrie to your team ☺

message 38: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Hey everyone! I decided to join fun since I didn't know if the books I need to read would fit categories but it looks like you guys have a ton of cards so I should be able to squeeze them in somewhere. :)

message 39: by Em⋆ (last edited Mar 31, 2018 06:03AM) (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments Hi Carrie! Yes, we have a lot and also 3 wild cars, so I don't think we'll have a problem fitting book for now. 😀

message 40: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (candypie23) | 12 comments Tomorrow is April so do we choose are own book to read in the Challenge or do we all read the same book!!! I’m excited to get started!!!

message 41: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (candypie23) | 12 comments And if we are reading our own books I’m reading Children of Blood and Bone. That have the LETTERS D.I.E. In the title!!!

message 42: by Em⋆ (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments Hi Tammy. We dont need to read the same book, we can read our own or BR one. And also you can use whatever card you like, not necessarily in the order that they are in the thread.

message 43: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Tammy wrote: "And if we are reading our own books I’m reading Children of Blood and Bone. That have the LETTERS D.I.E. In the title!!!"

As Lucia said you can read whatever you want then just find a spot to put them but the category with D I E also needs a T so it wouldn't fit that one. There's things like one with a B or a female lead etc though that it might fit.

message 44: by Clarice (new)

Clarice Harmor Something was going wrong with my app I finally got it working, hopefully I’m not to late checking in.

message 45: by Em⋆ (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments It's all right Clarice, I've checked you in! :)

message 46: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Lucia - I moved your City of Glass down a wild card section and put my finished read in the first so we will finish that one. :)

message 47: by Em⋆ (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments Awesome! Since you are a fast reader feel free to switch any of my books to another category :)

message 48: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Haha I know I've been going non-stop trying to keep up with the publication dates with my ARCs, have had text-to-speech on almost all day everyday and down to my last two reviews for the 10th finally. LOL

message 49: by Em⋆ (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments I'm glad you could make it on time!

message 50: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hello Team Palma, just to let you know that Carrie has offered to move to a serious team who are struggling, so she will be leaving you. I'll move her points, but those books which are already locked into categories, will not be taken away from you, and neither will your bonus points for completing categories. Thank you for understanding ☺

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.