Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2) Never Fade discussion

The end.... (*spoilers*)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alindre I wonder after reading never fade who really likes the idea that they might "cure" their powers. I mean in my opinion I would really like that they take the "cure" so they would have a normal life and all be happy , but in a way I wound not like that because I love their powers , so I am interested of what you think about that.

Caitlin I don't think they should use the "cure". I like the characters the way they are with their powers and I am curious if they will outgrow their powers (like when they are adults if the powers are still there) and of a few other things. I did not like in the end when Clancy came back and Jude did not. UUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!! But at the same time I want to see Clancy re-unite with his mother. But at the same time I wanted to see Jude grow older and more mature.

Melissa (Ever So Mela) I dont like the idea of a cure. Maybe if its a cure so that any new kids wont die from the sickness but not for the kids who have powers. They are not broken or damaged like the world sees them, they're just a bit different. This kinda reminds me of the movie X-Men:the last stand

Caitlin Did some kids die from IAAN? I definitely agree with you that these kids are not broken or damaged. I never thought about it like X-Men before. Now I see the similarities. I think if the cure is created some people with powers will try it and others won't. That or when the cure is developed President Gray will make it required for all people with the virus which will start another rebellion/war. If the cure is optional who do you think would surrender their powers?

Melissa (Ever So Mela) Yeah. All the kids died and the ones that survived where the ones that developed powers. I think it's in book one where Ruby realizes that the government where not afraid of the kids dying but of the ones who survived because they then lived to become the "darkest minds".
I think maybe Liam would want to give up his powers for the sole reason of being able to be with Ruby without having to watch their backs. But I don't think she would because she's very set on helping free the camps. And I know Cole and Vida would never; they don't seem ashamed of what they can do.

Caitlin Oh yeah!!!! I totally forgot about that! I don't know if Liam would give up his powers. I think he could keep them and be fine. I hope Liam uses his powers more in the third book because I kind of forgot he was a blue sometimes. I don't think Ruby would give up her powers either. Or maybe she will so she doesn't have to worry about hurting Liam again. Cole and Vida wouldn't and I don't think Chubs would either.

Melissa (Ever So Mela) Can't wait for the next one!

Caitlin I wonder who else will find out about Cole being a red...LIAM MAYBE!

Hiba Hashmi Alindre wrote: "I wonder after reading never fade who really likes the idea that they might "cure" their powers. I mean in my opinion I would really like that they take the "cure" so they would have a normal life ..."

I love how the author just surprised us by mentioning a cure but I'm guessing Clancy ends up getting rid of it or something because the whole series will be ruined if you take away the powers. maybe newer generations shouldn't get them but the present one keeps them. compromise...

message 10: by Hiba (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hiba Hashmi Caitlin wrote: "I wonder who else will find out about Cole being a red...LIAM MAYBE!"

I have a feeling he'll find out by accident or something and ruby and liam will get in a fight. I'm dreading it...

message 11: by Hiba (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hiba Hashmi I felt so depressed when ruby found out jude was gone. he was just so lovable, of all people, why him?!! though I don't think I could part with vida either.

Caitlin I was in the car while my sister and mom were at a piano lesson and I read the part about Jude right before they came out and I just sat there like wut and my mom (knowing I was loving these characters) was like "what happened." After explaining her and my sister were like "soooo......"
However, my main question is how did Clancy survive all the explosions and stuff and still manage to escape the closet he was LOCKED in.
(Sorry if this post is confusing/doesn't make any sense).

Kaniesha I think the concept of curing their powers rends the whole series kind of useless. Thousands, tens of thousands of kids have died/been murdered/suffered/been imprisoned due to this disease and their powers and the ones lucky and skilled enough to survive do all of THIS just to get rid of aforementioned powers?

I mean, it's a semi-clever way to wrap up a series like "well, that's the end of the mutant kids from USA, completely cured, everyone can go home now." but it's also kind of anticlimactic and disappointing in my opinion.

Caitlin wrote: "I was in the car while my sister and mom were at a piano lesson and I read the part about Jude right before they came out and I just sat there like wut and my mom (knowing I was loving these charac..."

People just don't understand our love for fictional characters. I'm still very :( :( :( about Jude and I'm not sure how to get past it tbh. As for Clancy, the antagonist must always find a way to prevail! Plus, this entire series is basically about the "bad guys" winning a majority of the time, so I doubt we'd get an ending for him in this way. (Not to mention he'd already disappeared and returned once before after the fire incident at East River).

Caitlin Oh my goodness. In the afterlight is supposed to come out on the 28th. Oh my goodness. I can't believe that i forgot the publication date of in the afterlight.

Kaniesha Caitlin wrote: "Oh my goodness. In the afterlight is supposed to come out on the 28th. Oh my goodness. I can't believe that i forgot the publication date of in the afterlight."

yes! so just three days of waiting from now! :)