The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > New Member

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Everhart | 4 comments Hello all,

I’m Rob.

During my years writing copy for a retail catalog and website, I always had a story is some state of suspension. Happy to finally put one up for perusal.

I read daily and enjoy thrillers, suspense, westerns and short stories. My favorite writing is the tight, minimalist work of Hemingway, Leonard, Chandler, McCarthy and Carver. But I can also spend hours reading Bradbury and Faulkner. Like nearly all readers, I read everything, and can find inspiration in most.

I’m an IT Analyst out in the real world and spend my days trying to explain how continuing to click a thing won’t make you any happier.
😊

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1484 comments Welcome Rob. I like Leonard and Chandler.

message 3: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments Hi Rob and welcome to our group.
I personally adore William Faulkner, and Light in August was my favorite---talk about a thriller and one that packs a PUNCH!

As far as Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises and The Old Man and the Sea, his other longer works were not as enticing, but his short works: In Our Time and Big Two-Hearted River as well as his short works were very powerful to me. Your writing must be interesting.

message 4: by Robert (new)

Robert Everhart | 4 comments Hey Sky,

I couldn't agree more. TOMATS is one of my favorite books ever. I read it a couple times a year. His longer stuff doesn't have the authority of that book. Least, not for me.

Best,

Rob

message 5: by Bill, Co-Moderator (new)

Bill | 5422 comments Mod
Welcome to the group, Rob.

message 6: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8617 comments Mod
Welcome!!

message 7: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments Robert wrote: "Hey Sky,

I couldn't agree more. TOMATS is one of my favorite books ever. I read it a couple times a year. His longer stuff doesn't have the authority of that book. Least, not for me.

Best,

Rob"

Rob, I agree with you, and I love "A Clean Well Lighted Place."

message 8: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (officerripley) Welcome.