Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Reasonable Doubt: Volume 1 (Reasonable Doubt, #1)
This topic is about Reasonable Doubt
Archive (Buddy Reads) > April Buddy Read - Reasonable Doubt (Michaele, Samantha)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 221 (221 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 7165 comments April Buddy Read

message 2: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments Hey Samantha!

I'm excited to read a book together. We have two in common on our to-read lists do either appeal to read in April? If not, do you have other suggestions?

Good in Bed - Jennifer Weiner
Reasonable Doubt - Whitney G

Cheers,
Michaele

Samantha | 1381 comments Hi Michaele!!!

I am excited. I was looking at your tbr pile.

Reasonable Doubt by Whitney G looks good.

message 4: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments Ok, let's read that! I'll let the moderator know. I'll get in touch in April and we can pick a start date. :)

Samantha | 1381 comments Awesome. It's book 1 right?

message 6: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments We could read the complete series, I think it's one serialized story.

How about we start with book one and see how it goes, if it's worth it we'll keep going?

Samantha | 1381 comments Ok thats sounds like a plan :)

message 8: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments Hello! When do you want to get started?

Samantha | 1381 comments Hi Michaele! I don't know. When would you be available? Tomorrow is April 1st. Too much is going on but sometime this week is fine with me.

message 10: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments OK, we'll plan on later in the week. I can start anytime, just let me know when you have time :)

Samantha | 1381 comments Sounds like a plan.

Samantha | 1381 comments Ok I got through the hump of Easter Sunday. LOL.

So when do you want to start? I can go anytime starting tomorrow and onward :)

message 13: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments Let's start tomorrow! Should we read 2 or 3 chapters a day and discuss? Or something else?

Samantha | 1381 comments I tend to read pretty quickly but if that works for you I will slow down. I want to make sure that we discuss it when major issues occur as well.

message 15: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments I think limiting it to a few chapters a day might make it easier to discuss. But we could do 5 instead? Or since it's a series we could just start with one series and discuss before we go on to the next?

Samantha | 1381 comments I forgot this is a serial kind of read. So let's do a few chapters like 3 a day and discuss it. I am sure we won't just want to read that first book anyways.

message 17: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments Sounds good. I'll read 3 chapters tomorrow.

Samantha | 1381 comments Yay!

message 19: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments Spoilers below, read the chapters before you read further :)

I think I finished 3 chapters (it's kinda hard to tell on the audio book). It's off to an interesting start. Her lies are going to catch up with her of course. I made it to the part where she hangs up on him after phone sex.

Samantha | 1381 comments I am at work so it is hard to read. I am on the third chapter. They are named and not numbered so it can be difficult to know what chapter we are on.

She is explaining how she lied to get on that site. I had to stop and go to a meeting.

Samantha | 1381 comments It is good so far. I have more thoughts but have to wait until I get home later to share.

Samantha | 1381 comments I wonder what his reaction will be when he discovers the lies. How will the first interaction play out?

He hate liars. What happened to him.

message 23: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments Doesn't everyone hate liars? Maybe not hate... but dislike? Clearly he's been burned though.

She's making things worse by lying about her appearance even after knowing how much he hates liars.

Samantha | 1381 comments True but by who?

I shook my head at that moment. Did it matter if she told him how she looked? No. So it was like digging a grave.

message 25: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments I read the next 3. The cat is out of the bag! Oh my.

Samantha | 1381 comments I think there is 4 left. So do you just want to finish it off?

I only got to where he has arrived at her place. Omg. He is angry. Who hurt this man? He doesn't know what to do.

My question is didnt she recognize his voice. He caught onto hers during the interview process. I was so scared he was going to confront her in his office.

message 27: by Michaele (last edited Apr 04, 2018 10:49AM) (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments I thought they both would have recognized each other's voices sooner- they talked on the phone almost every day right?

I finished the last of episode one- I have the complete series on audio, so I didn't realize we were so close to the end till you mentioned it. Spoiler below if you haven't finished it yet.

(view spoiler)

message 28: by Samantha (last edited Apr 04, 2018 10:33AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Samantha | 1381 comments Exactly! They were conversing a day.

I didnt even get to finish part one. Got too busy at work.

Haha. We need to do spoiler tags. I didn't get to that but I hear it end on a cliffhanger.

Samantha | 1381 comments I will say that I like this author's writing style.

message 30: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments Sorry, I've never done spoiler tags so I didn't know how to do it, but I just went back and tried and it worked! I'll hide future spoilers.

Samantha | 1381 comments Haha. No worries. I am not that spoiled.

I'll pop back in later when I complete the last two chapters.

Samantha | 1381 comments OMG! That was a way to end that part. There is no way, we can not continue.

Maybe that is why he is all bitter and hurt.

Samantha | 1381 comments Aubrey seems so naive and I had almost forgot she is young because Andrew is a jerk. I want to like him but I need a bit more. He is so jaded and hurt.

The chemistry is very hot between the characters. I knew it was going to be on.

Part two has 8 chapters but it is small. I think it is shorter than part 1 so we can do the same...hit up 4 chapters a day or just plow through. I am willing to do whatever.

message 34: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments Let's do 4 chapters- unless you get caught up in the story - feel free to jump ahead :)

Samantha | 1381 comments Ok cool. So the first 4 tomorrow?

So how do you feel about the story so far?

message 36: by Michaele (last edited Apr 04, 2018 07:04PM) (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments That works!

I like it so far, it'll be interesting to see what his backstory is- why he is so jaded. I still think she was crazy to dump coffee in his lap- not that she shouldn't be mad thinking he used her to cheat on his wife, but still... it just seemed a little crazy to do that to her boss at work. Though I guess she's not that invested in being a lawyer.

You?

Samantha | 1381 comments Yeah I am curious about his story.

She was so livid. I don't think she cares about that job at the firm. She wants to dance. It is moments like that I have to remember she is young. She would have been fired.

message 38: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments Very true- but her immaturity could be an issue since he's a lot older than her. Not that he seems to mind her age so far, other than her lying about it.

Samantha | 1381 comments I read the first two chapters which was basically the prologue and this mini first chapter. So something happened to that marriage.

I was shocked that he (view spoiler)

I wont get back to it until around lunch. This is so short.

message 40: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments I kinda don't like Aubrey, for a while there I was hoping he would meet someone else. She might be growing on me... but I still don't really like her. She seems even more immature than her age would suggest- she's acting more like a petulant teenager on top of being a liar.

His wife is clearly a nightmare. Oh and his secretary is crazy. None of the women are coming off very well in this book.

Samantha | 1381 comments Yes the women are crazy for sure.

message 42: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments I'm starting on the next four chapters. :)

Samantha | 1381 comments I am on it now:)

I will pop back in later to discuss.

message 44: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments Finished the 4 chapters and it was also the end of part two!

We are getting closer to finding out what happened to make him so jaded.

Samantha | 1381 comments Me too. I just need Aubrey to get a back bone.

message 46: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments Or to grow up a little. Instead of trying to get him to talk she just throws temper tantrums. At least she hasn't thrown coffee on him again :)

Samantha | 1381 comments I was so happy we finally learned his real name. I am amazed at the author's ability to make me like him and he is a complete jerk.

Samantha | 1381 comments Today is a bit busy for me but I will try to carve out time for some reading. From what I counted in the Table of Contents there are 20 chapters. This is the biggest installment. We can still aim for the 4 chapters a day.

What's your thoughts?

message 49: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4197 comments That works for me! If you need a break today though, we can skip it and read the next 4 tomorrow.

Samantha | 1381 comments Ok let's start tomorrow. Thanks.

« previous 1 3 4 5