Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

The British Knight (The Royals Collection, #4)
This topic is about The British Knight
Archive (Buddy Reads) > April Buddy Read - The Brithish Knight (Ezinwanyi, Nicole P)

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6903 comments April Buddy Read

Nicole P | 3200 comments Hi Ezinwanyi!

My name is Nicole and am looking forward to reading and discussing books with you:) I've compared our book shelves and we have four books on to TBR lists:

1. Dirty Money by Jessica Clare
2. The British Knight by Louise Bay
3. Rookie Move by Sarina Bowen
4. Beauty And The Bookworm by Nick Pageant

I'm game for any one of those books and open to any other suggestions you might have :)

message 3: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Mar 24, 2018 08:23AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Nicole wrote: "Hi Ezinwanyi!

My name is Nicole and am looking forward to reading and discussing books with you:) I've compared our book shelves and we have four books on to TBR lists:

1. Dirty Money but haven’t been able to get into it so I’ve put it back so I’m not ready to read that one.

Let me check your shelf

Nicole P | 3200 comments Ok :)

message 5: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Mar 24, 2018 02:31PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Books I’m suggesting that seem like they are in your genre
Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin by Mariana Zapata or Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata The British Knight by Louise Bay

Not on your list but I’d love to read The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid The Last Guy by Ilsa Madden-Mills Dane's Storm by Mia Sheridan Sincerely, Carter (Sincerely Carter, #1) by Whitney G. The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks

Nicole P | 3200 comments Let's read The British Knight by Louise Bay

That work for you? And how would you like to read the book? Chapter by chapter or all in one go and we discuss after?

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments The British Knight by Louise Bay is for fine.
I prefer to comment as we go, 1-2 chapters at a time.

Nicole P | 3200 comments Ok. And where are you in the world Ezinwanyi? So I can work out the time difference between us.

Nicole P | 3200 comments I let KarenH know what we are reading:)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Nicole wrote: "Ok. And where are you in the world Ezinwanyi? So I can work out the time difference between us."

I am in Dallas Texas! Where are you?

Nicole P | 3200 comments I'm in Abu Dhabi :) So there is a 9 hour difference between us.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Nicole wrote: "I'm in Abu Dhabi :) So there is a 9 hour difference between us."

We can comment as we go. If we write spoilers, we can use tags

Nicole P | 3200 comments Alrighty then. Bring on the 1st!

Nicole P | 3200 comments Hey Ezinwanyi :) Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend. Just wondering when you wanted to start?

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Nicole wrote: "Hey Ezinwanyi :) Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend. Just wondering when you wanted to start?"

Hey Nicole,
Sorry I have been MIA, I was at a work conference. Can we start on Monday? I bought the book but my kids have a lot of activities this weekend but Monday will be great.

Nicole P | 3200 comments Sure! Have a great weekend :)

message 17: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Apr 09, 2018 02:35PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments I started this one.
Ch. 1: I like Violet. She seems independent and okay with lack of structure. She’s comfortable with her body and sexuality. She owned her enjoyment of no-string sex. Good for her. I do wonder why she and her college boyfriend broke up and why he did her so dirty with their joint venture.

Hopefully time will tell what happened.2

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Well, I can see this guy on the train will be her new boss. I’ve read enough to see this one coming.
An American girl going to have a Fling with her British boss that is sex only...until it’s not

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Chapter 5: I can’t say I’m surprised as the attraction has been instantaneous. I want to know:
1) why an IT entrepreneur would not start a new business and be content waitressing. It seems like a huge step Down
2) what broke Violet and her boyfriend up
3) why Alex got a divorce. Although I see him as a guy who married for “looks” or because it was the next thing on his checklist of what to do next as an adult. Not because he was passionately in love with her.
His main motivation seems to be matching his father’s accomplishments. I wonder if deep down , he didn’t want to be barrister. What does he see in his future? A dog, wife? Kids etc.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Ch. 20: The Marriage: (view spoiler)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments It’s very clear that Violet isn’t the free spirit she was pretending in the beginning. She’s already attached after a couple of dates with Alexander. I wonder why the author didn’t develop their past more

Nicole P | 3200 comments You are way ahead of me. I only got to the end of chapter 3 last night. I'll continue today.

I assume Violet and her ex, David, broke up because he "stole" the start up company from her? I don't see how a relationship can last if your partner screws you over in the work place.

And just from these few chapters I can see Violet is putting on a front. She did a whole 180 after the David debacle and went in the opposite direction, trying out that carpe diem lifestyle.

I like Alexander. Workaholic. Stuffy almost. And good looking.

Nicole P | 3200 comments Got to the end of chapter 13 and Violet sure has changed her tune. She went on and on about wanting to sleep with Alex and after the deed is done she wants to be all professional. Argh!

Nicole P | 3200 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "Ch. 20: The Marriage:
How is Violet angry about his marriage? She has had plenty of flings, hasn’t cared about their marriage or whether they had one.
She never asked him if he was married

It’s ..."

She's clearly developed feelings for him. And I think even though she was carefree with her own sex life, there are basic rules and decency. Violet is many things, but not a cheater. She feels betrayed and hurt. Things will clear up once she confronts Alex.

message 25: by Nicole (last edited Apr 10, 2018 04:31AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nicole P | 3200 comments Got to the end of chapter 30...I like that Alex and Violet have communicated. That he asked her to reconsider her options on where to study. Both of them have issues though that are going to create drama...I can just see it happening.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Hey Nicole,
I think Violet King never processed the ending of her relationship with David or really reflected. She is judging and making Alex pay for those things.
She wanted him to tell her that He loved her and couldn't live without her. But Alexander isn't a mind reader. He has certainly made strides for such a workaholic.

Alex on the other hand is oblivious to certain female clues. I wish we knew more about his parents relationship. Alex doesn't have male or female friends that he can use as sounding boards.
It seems like Law and his career are all he had in his life before Violet. That's sad

message 27: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Apr 10, 2018 06:09AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Also,
Alexander fights for other's rights as a Barrister/Lawyer
Violet doesn't fight for what she loves or what she feels are hers.

So if there is any hope for this relationship, Alex will have to win her with his lawyer skills.

I am glad Lance called him out. What a great mentor. Lance telling Alexander about his legacy should be different from his father's legacy. Decide what's important and what constitutes sucess. What sage advice!!

message 28: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Apr 10, 2018 07:00AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments I have finished. It was an okay read, cliche and predictable.

I liked the ending much better. The characters seemed to have developed more in the last couple of characters and made more mature decisions.

Overall, it was a 3 star read

Nicole P | 3200 comments I finished last night. I also gave it a 3 star rating.

I felt that their reunion was too easy. Takes Alex weeks to figure out that he needs to go after her and only after her was prompted and basically given a lifeline from his mentor. And there definitely needed to be some more info or resolve about Alex and his relationship with his father and how he tried to compete. Maybe advice or insight from his mother.

You are spot on about Violet not processing the end of her relationship with David and her former life. Louise Bay should have had a seen were they perhaps meet by accident on the street and Violet realizes that she's truly done with David and all he did to her.