The Fandom Entries & Monthly Readathons discussion

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bea (new)

Bea Should I read it? Is it for me? I normally read YA but I am not a stranger to NA. Should I start with this one or ToG? Is iT aNY GoOd?

message 2: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne | 97 comments I did enjoy this series. I have read the first three books of this series and the first three books of the throne of glass series, since I hate waiting for series I waited a long time to start this series, but now I am reading a book of throne of glass every month. But now I have to wait again, according to myself haha. So if you are interested in buddyreading a court of thorns and roses in the meantime I would be interested!

message 3: by Jordan (new)

Jordan | 8 comments I literally read this series in a 7 days. No breaks.. No semblence of a social life.. NADDA.. It was all consuming. READ IT
I cant recommend Sarah J. Maas' writing enough.. Its magical.

message 4: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne | 97 comments Hahhaha nice work, I just finished book three of tog, so now I was like let's start rereading a court of thorns and roses :)

message 5: by Lou, Book Queen (last edited Mar 28, 2018 05:34AM) (new)

Lou (aliceinbagend) | 527 comments Mod
I really wanna ACOTAR too, but I'm still reading Heir of Fire.
Can anyone tell me if ACOTAR actually feels like a retelling of beauty and the beast from start to finish?

message 6: by Jordan (new)

Jordan | 8 comments I feel like some parts are very beauty and the beast now that you mention it!

message 7: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne | 97 comments I just finished reading this book for the second and somehow I loved it even more than the first time I read it! Some parts are definitely beauty and the beast related, but much is also original and completely different.

message 8: by Bayli (new)

Bayli Park (notyourtypicallibraryitern) | 20 comments Jordan wrote: "I literally read this series in a 7 days. No breaks.. No semblence of a social life.. NADDA.. It was all consuming. READ IT
I cant recommend Sarah J. Maas' writing enough.. Its magical."

actually I did the same thing

message 9: by Lora (on hiatus) (last edited Apr 26, 2018 03:32PM) (new)

Lora (on hiatus) | 106 comments Bayli wrote: "Jordan wrote: "I literally read this series in a 7 days. No breaks.. No semblence of a social life.. NADDA.. It was all consuming. READ IT
I cant recommend Sarah J. Maas' writing enough.. Its magi..."

Same! Except I had to wait A WHOLE WEEK to get ACOMAF and ACOWAR!! Can't wait for ACOFAS!

message 10: by Bayli (new)

Bayli Park (notyourtypicallibraryitern) | 20 comments Lora wrote: "Bayli wrote: "Jordan wrote: "I literally read this series in a 7 days. No breaks.. No semblence of a social life.. NADDA.. It was all consuming. READ IT
I cant recommend Sarah J. Maas' writing eno..."

i haven't gotten the chance to read ACOWAR yet but i NEED IT

message 11: by Ruby (new)

Ruby | 36 comments I love the ACOTAR series! Not so much the first book, I thought it was fine but I love ACOMAF and I really enjoyed ACOWAR. ACOFAS was a little bit of a disappointment to me but I will read the next book in the series.

message 12: by Nat (new)

Nat ACOMAF IS JUST MY LIFE

message 13: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

I don't know why I'm so hesitant into reading ACOTAR... it's just so hyped! Can anyone name at least 5 things that makes the books brilliant?

message 14: by Mar ✨ (new)

Mar ✨ (carstairslover) | 101 comments LydiaMae wrote: "I don't know why I'm so hesitant into reading ACOTAR... it's just so hyped! Can anyone name at least 5 things that makes the books brilliant?"

-Rhys
-Rhys
-Rhys
-Az
-Cassian :)

All the inner circle, they are just perfect

message 15: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne | 97 comments LydiaMae wrote: "I don't know why I'm so hesitant into reading ACOTAR... it's just so hyped! Can anyone name at least 5 things that makes the books brilliant?"

I like the first two books, but I really don't like the third book in the series, so I understand where your hesitation comes from. Some of the scenes in ACOMAF are kind of weird as well... But overall I do think it is an entertaining series.

message 16: by Celaena (new)

Celaena (akacelaenarenee) | 4 comments The first 2 were wonderful. The 3rd's ending was a bit blah. too happy ending. the 4th, if you can call it that, we all were waayyy warned ahead of time that it would be way smaller than the others and really only a stepping stone for the future spin off novels to come. I'd say that really the 4th is just pointless to read in general.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 6 comments I have only read the first book and kept putting the second down to read other books.

message 18: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Sweettie Pie Reviews (Lizz) wrote: "I have only read the first book and kept putting the second down to read other books."

I know the feeling!

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 6 comments LydiaMae wrote: "Sweettie Pie Reviews (Lizz) wrote: "I have only read the first book and kept putting the second down to read other books."

I know the feeling!"

too many books so little time