Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Super Librarian Help, please :-)

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessa (new)

Jessa York | 20 comments Is there a Super Librarian who could help me out, please?

A GR librarian made a blank author profile for me, instead of making my current profile into an author profile.

I don't have access to the blank profile, so I can't delete it.

When I try to add my book, it gets added to the blank profile, not mine.

If this post is not allowed, please delete.

Thanks,
Jessa.

message 2: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Jessa wrote: "Is there a Super Librarian who could help me out, please?

A GR librarian made a blank author profile for me, instead of making my current profile into an author profile.

I don't have access to t..."

A link to the book or to the profile you're referencing would be helpful to start.

message 3: by Jessa (new)

Jessa York | 20 comments Cassandra wrote: "Jessa wrote: "Is there a Super Librarian who could help me out, please?

I don't ha..."

Oh thanks so much! Here it is:

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7...

message 4: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments There are two author profiles by that name, but neither has any books on it: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show... and https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 5: by Cassandra (last edited Mar 23, 2018 11:32AM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Jessa wrote: "Oh thanks so much! Here it is:"

No, that's your user profile. You need to have a book added here on GR in order to apply for a claimed author profile. A librarian can't just make a claimed author profile for you. Is there a book you've added somewhere?

message 6: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments We cross-posted, Cassandra. Please see my message above. Don't know how they were created without any books.

message 7: by Jessa (new)

Jessa York | 20 comments Cassandra wrote: "Jessa wrote: "Oh thanks so much! Here it is:"

No, that's your user profile. You need to have a book added here on GR in order to apply for a claimed author profile. A librarian can't just make a c..."

Hi, yes, whenever I create a book, it gets linked to the blank profile. Would you like me to create it again?

message 8: by Jessa (new)

Jessa York | 20 comments Abcdarian wrote: "We cross-posted, Cassandra. Please see my message above. Don't know how they were created without any books."

Hi, yes, and when I create my book, it gets linked to the blank profile.

message 9: by Cassandra (last edited Mar 23, 2018 11:41AM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Jessa wrote: "Hi, yes, whenever I create a book, it gets linked to the blank profile. Would you like me to create it again? "

You (or someone) will need to first add the book to a blank profile, then you can apply for a GR author profile.

message 10: by Cassandra (last edited Mar 23, 2018 11:42AM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Abcdarian wrote: "We cross-posted, Cassandra. Please see my message above. Don't know how they were created without any books."

Thanks, Abcdarian :) My guess is something was moved to a different profile or just deleted and that's why they're now empty?

message 11: by Jessa (new)

Jessa York | 20 comments Cassandra wrote: "Abcdarian wrote: "We cross-posted, Cassandra. Please see my message above. Don't know how they were created without any books."

Thanks, Abcdarian :) My guess is something was moved to a different ..."

Hi, no, there's just me as Jessa York on Goodreads I believe.

I just added my book again.

Title: Over Easy (#1 Santa Lena Sizzles Series)
Author: Jessa York
Estimated Publication date: June 1, 2018

message 12: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Jessa wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "Abcdarian wrote: "We cross-posted, Cassandra. Please see my message above. Don't know how they were created without any books."

Thanks, Abcdarian :) My guess is something was mov..."

I found it thanks, although links are always helpful :)

You can follow the instructions here to apply for a GR author profile- https://www.goodreads.com/author/conf...

message 13: by Jessa (new)

Jessa York | 20 comments Cassandra wrote: "Jessa wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "Abcdarian wrote: "We cross-posted, Cassandra. Please see my message above. Don't know how they were created without any books."

Thanks, Abcdarian :) My guess is som..."

Hi,

Yes, I did that yesterday, but they said they didn't receive my form. I just filled out another form.

Anything else I should do?

Thanks,
Jessa.

message 14: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Jessa wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "Jessa wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "Abcdarian wrote: "We cross-posted, Cassandra. Please see my message above. Don't know how they were created without any books."

Thanks, Abcdarian ..."

That's all we can do from here; librarians are volunteers, not paid staff. Any other questions can be directed to support here- https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta....

message 15: by Jessa (new)

Jessa York | 20 comments Cassandra wrote: "Jessa wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "Jessa wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "Abcdarian wrote: "We cross-posted, Cassandra. Please see my message above. Don't know how they were created without any books."

Than..."

Oh, ok, thanks so much for your help.

I was told to get in touch with a Super Librarian. Is that what you both are?

Thanks,
Jessa.

message 16: by Cassandra (last edited Mar 23, 2018 12:26PM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Jessa wrote: "Oh, ok, thanks so much for your help.

Thanks,
Jessa."

No, but there's nothing we did that required a super; I'm not sure why staff gave you that direction, as not even a super would be able to merge your user profile with an approved author profile (which you didn't have to begin with).

message 17: by Jessa (new)

Jessa York | 20 comments Cassandra wrote: "Jessa wrote: "Oh, ok, thanks so much for your help.

Thanks,
Jessa."

No, but there's nothing we did that required a s..."

I was told you had to have a book before you could get an Author profile?

message 18: by Cassandra (last edited Mar 23, 2018 12:57PM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Jessa wrote: "I was told you had to have a book before you could get an Author profile?"

Anyone can add a book, that doesn't require a super.

message 19: by Jessa (new)

Jessa York | 20 comments Cassandra wrote: "Jessa wrote: "I was told you had to have a book before you could get an Author profile?"

Anyone can add a book, that doesn't require a super."

Correct, but do you need to have a book linked to you in order to get an author profile?

message 20: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Jessa wrote: "Correct, but do you need to have a book linked to you in order to get an author profile?"

It just needs to be added to a blank profile so that you can claim it, and that also can be done by anyone (and doesn't require a super). Regardless, you're all set now with the book added to a blank profile. That's all we can do, staff will take it from here.