YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Murcia (F) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 230 (230 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Lee (last edited Mar 27, 2018 11:07AM) (new)

Lee | 1443 comments Erin ✔️
Becca ✔️
Elaine ✔️
Nikki ✔️
Kaleigh ✔️
Jenny
Klancy ✔️
Floor ✔️

Please check in before the April 1st! c:

Review Thread
Tracker

message 2: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Hey, Erin! Nice to be on the same team again! :)

message 3: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments Yesssss!! It really is! I'm excited about this challenge!

message 4: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Me too! And our cards are up, so I'm excited to start figuring out what we're going to read!

message 5: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments Yessss!! When you figure some of it out go ahead and post here and I'll do the same. (:

message 6: by Klancy (last edited Mar 23, 2018 01:47PM) (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments For Yellow Six I have these books:
Words on Bathroom Walls by Julia Walton Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins

For Yellow Three:
Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1) by Kiersten White Ink, Iron, and Glass (Ink, Iron, and Glass, #1) by Gwendolyn Clare

For Blue Five:
The Great Hunt (Eurona Duology, #1) by Wendy Higgins The Invasion of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #2) by Erika Johansen Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller

For Green Seven:
Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith

I don't have any books on my shelf that could count for Green One or Yellow Two. :( Also, we have to finish all of our given cards before we can move on to new ones, right?

message 7: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments I'm going to start going through what I have now, but I know I have Daughter of a Pirate King so we could BR that one.

And I don't think so. I think once we finish a card we get a new one.

message 8: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments Okay now I have a lot, butttttt I'm definitely not going to try and read all of these. But, if anyone else wants to read them I'd be more than happy to buddy read!! c:

Yellow Six: The Silver Chair (Chronicles of Narnia, #4) by C.S. Lewis

Yellow Three: The Horse and His Boy (Chronicles of Narnia, #5) by C.S. Lewis Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10) by Agatha Christie Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi *

*I have it on hold, but I'm not sure when I'll get it. Libby says ~4wks

Blue Five: Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller Dark Matter by Blake Crouch The Revolution of Marina M. by Janet Fitch The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2) by James Dashner Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1) by Eoin Colfer Batman Nightwalker (DC Icons, #2) by Marie Lu

Green Seven: All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab All The What Ifs (Richmond High, #1) by Angela Lynn

Green One: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert Innocent in Las Vegas (Tiffany Black Mysteries, #1) by A.R. Winters Food A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan **

** I'd have to make sure I could get it from the library or Hoopla, but honestly I really enjoyed his other book so I'd search for this.

Yellow Two: American Gods by Neil Gaiman The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1) by Douglas Adams Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick Midnight at the Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson

message 9: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments I'm excited for you, Becca!!! I hope you love it and have loads of fun!

message 10: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Hey team checking in and checking my books see what fits what category

message 11: by Kaleigh (new)

Kaleigh (kaxeigh) | 27 comments Checking in! :)

message 12: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Erin wrote: "Okay now I have a lot, butttttt I'm definitely not going to try and read all of these. But, if anyone else wants to read them I'd be more than happy to buddy read!! c:

I've heard that Anna Kendrick's book is really funny. I currently don't have a copy of Midnight at the Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson , but I could check it out of the library and buddy read it with you!

And welcome to the team, everyone!

message 13: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments We should buddy read that!!! And Daughter of the Pirate King! (:

And yessss. Welcome everyone!!

message 14: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (ladybug105) | 10 comments Hi!
I am checking in and will go through my books tonight.
Elaine :)

message 15: by Klancy (last edited Mar 24, 2018 09:50AM) (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Erin wrote: "We should buddy read that!!! And Daughter of the Pirate King! (:

And yessss. Welcome everyone!!"

Yes, definitely! :) And they cover two different cards, so that's a great start! Which one would you want to start first?

Welcome to the team, Elaine!

message 16: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments Klancy wrote: "Erin wrote: "We should buddy read that!!! And Daughter of the Pirate King! (:

Yes, definitely! :) And they cover two different cards, so that's a great start! Whic..."

I saw that someone else was wanting to read midnight at electric so I'll see when they would like to read it if you don't mind and we can go from there. (:

message 17: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Erin wrote: "Klancy wrote: "Erin wrote: "We should buddy read that!!! And Daughter of the Pirate King! (:

Yes, definitely! :) And they cover two different cards, so that's a gr..."

Sounds good to me! :)

message 18: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments Okay Run wants to read it in the 20th so we can read daughter of a Pirate King first!

message 19: by Klancy (last edited Mar 24, 2018 12:03PM) (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Erin wrote: "Okay Run wants to read it in the 20th so we can read daughter of a Pirate King first!"

Works for me! We'll just have to be sure that the card for Midnight at the Electric isn't completed before the 20th.

Also, what's our strategy for keeping track of how many books we've read for each card? Because I think we have to read 4 books for a description in order to complete a card. Let me know if this is wrong, though, because I'm not sure if this is right 😬

message 20: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments We can start reading Midnight at the Electric earlier. I think by the 13th, so that gives us time to work on other cards.

And it's 4 or 5. I can't remember. I'll have to look when I'm not mobile. And we could do... Idk. I made a spreadsheet for the Scrabble challenge so we could do that again?

message 21: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Sounds good to me!

A spreadsheet sounds like it could helpful. Just so that we can keep track of everything and not have to read all the messages in the chat to find out how many books we've read for a card.

I wasn't able to participate in the Scrabble challenge. Was it fun? :)

message 22: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments I can work on that when I'm on my computer.

And it wasn't bad!

message 23: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Thanks for making one. :) Let me know if you need help or anything!

What's been the best book you've read for the challenge so far?

message 24: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments Will do! c:

Probably Gemina. Haha. Nothing can really beat that.

message 25: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments tracker

Okay, so for the tracker I feel like we should just punch it in when we are reading the book? I think overall that might be best, but if y'all think otherwise we can definitely do it another way!

message 26: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments I agree. I think punching it in when we are reading the book will work. Also, heads up: I sent a request to edit the spreadsheet.

I read Illuminae last month! It was so good. So I'm happy to hear you really liked Gemina -- makes me excited to read it :)

message 27: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments Oh wait. I updated the link to the spreadsheet so you can edit it. My bad.

Yesssss. You should read Gemina as soon as you can!!! I'm hopefully going to read Obsidio soon.

message 28: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84986 comments Mod
Adding Floor to your team ☺

message 29: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2620 comments Good Luck!

message 30: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Right Ive had a look through and so far got these

Blue 5: The Secret Diary Of Detective Vampire (The Detective Vampire #1) by J.J. Jones , Starting Over (Starting Over, #1) by Evan Grace , Treat with Caution (Treats to Tempt You, #1) by Serenity Woods

Green 7: All I Want for Christmas by Jenny Hale

Yellow 2: The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) by Jessica Sorensen , The Redemption of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #2) by Jessica Sorensen

message 31: by Lee (last edited Mar 26, 2018 03:24PM) (new)

Lee | 1443 comments Wonderful!!! I'm so excited for this challenge, everyone. This will be loads of fun!

Nikki, I have The Secret Diary of Detective Vampire. Since it's so short, would you want to BR it for double the points?

message 32: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Erin, would you want to start reading Daughter of the Pirate King when the challenge starts? I can start whenever you're able! I can also request a BR thread for the date we come up with. :)

@Wolf - Thanks! Good luck to you too!

message 33: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments Klancy, I can start on the 1st so that would be perfect!!

message 34: by Floor (new)

Floor Bakkum | 65 comments I am checking in!

message 35: by Floor (new)

Floor Bakkum | 65 comments Erin wrote: "Okay now I have a lot, butttttt I'm definitely not going to try and read all of these. But, if anyone else wants to read them I'd be more than happy to buddy read!! c:

Yellow Six: [bookcover:The ..."

Do you want to BR Court of Thorns and Roses?

message 36: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments Floor wrote: "Erin wrote: "Okay now I have a lot, butttttt I'm definitely not going to try and read all of these. But, if anyone else wants to read them I'd be more than happy to buddy read!! c:

Yellow Six: [b..."

Yesssss. That would be awesome!!! When did you want to read it?

message 37: by Klancy (last edited Mar 29, 2018 07:24AM) (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Erin wrote: "Klancy, I can start on the 1st so that would be perfect!!"

I'll request a thread!

[EDIT]: Here's the link to the Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller thread. :)

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 38: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Erin wrote: "Wonderful!!! I'm so excited for this challenge, everyone. This will be loads of fun!

Nikki, I have The Secret Diary of Detective Vampire. Since it's so short, would you want to BR it for double th..."

That's a good idea, what date would be good for you :) weekends are good reading for me :)

message 39: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments Klancy wrote: "Erin wrote: "Klancy, I can start on the 1st so that would be perfect!!"

I'll request a thread!

[EDIT]: Here's the link to the Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller thread. :)

https://..."

Yes!!! So excited to start this!!

message 40: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments Nikki wrote: "Erin wrote: "Wonderful!!! I'm so excited for this challenge, everyone. This will be loads of fun!

Nikki, I have The Secret Diary of Detective Vampire. Since it's so short, would you want to BR it ..."

If weekends are good we could start it the first weekend of April so the 6th or something?

message 41: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Erin wrote: "Nikki wrote: "Erin wrote: "Wonderful!!! I'm so excited for this challenge, everyone. This will be loads of fun!

Nikki, I have The Secret Diary of Detective Vampire. Since it's so short, would you ..."

Brilliant do you want to get the thread set up? :)

message 42: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments I'll set the thread up. (:

message 43: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments Nikki, here is the thread for our BR. c: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 44: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Erin wrote: "Nikki, here is the thread for our BR. c: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/..."

Thank you :)

message 45: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments So who’s started reading already? And what are you reading? :)

message 46: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments I've started! I'm currently reading Daughter of the Pirate King.

What about you?

message 47: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Erin wrote: "I've started! I'm currently reading Daughter of the Pirate King.

What about you?"

I started reading Meant for Her (Love and Danger, #1) by Amy Gamet for blue 5 I'm hoping it works as I've finished and reviewed it and waiting on confirmation from Sarah lol :( should have checked first

message 48: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments Yeah that one works!! It has all the right letters in it. (:

message 49: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 2416 comments Erin wrote: "Yeah that one works!! It has all the right letters in it. (:"

All reviewed and marked off on tracker list :) how many books do we need to complete for each section 4 isn’t it?

message 50: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments Yes! It's four, so we need one more for that section!

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.