YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Solo Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 286 (286 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Riddhi. (new)

Riddhi. (goodreadscomriddhi_desiderium) | 667 comments Members:-
1)Alaina
2)Mikayla
3)June
4)Just A Girl
5)Riddhi
6)Anjali S
7)Kirsty
8)Maria

message 2: by Riddhi. (new)

Riddhi. (goodreadscomriddhi_desiderium) | 667 comments Checking in.

message 3: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Here as well.

message 4: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Chhabra (justagirlhighonbooks) | 530 comments Hello!

message 5: by June (new)

June | 747 comments Alaina, how come you are here?

message 6: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) June wrote: "Alaina, how come you are here?"

Ahhh the mysterious question xD I guess I should answer it now.

So I'm joining solo now.. and maybe for all of the challenges for this group because I'm just getting so annoyed with people complaining about me participating. It's either.. "oh it's no competition because Alaina is here", "I don't feel like I deserve the win because we are on the same team", "Oh look Alaina did another review dump", and the list goes on and on.

I just figured if I took myself out of the equation then people wont complain about it not being a competition anymore.

message 7: by June (new)

June | 747 comments Oh Alaina, that's so sad that people can be so petty at times. I know that your reading speed dwarfs the rest of us mortals but I always look forward to see what you read. Hope you have a great month. I'll be waiting to see how many cards you complete.

message 8: by Alaina (last edited Mar 24, 2018 10:40AM) (new)

Alaina (ameserole) June wrote: "Oh Alaina, that's so sad that people can be so petty at times. I know that your reading speed dwarfs the rest of us mortals but I always look forward to see what you read. Hope you have a great mon..."

Yeah it was. It's not like their complaints were going to slow down my reading or put me in a slump. I don't mind going solo at all because it's just reading and I like to continue reading for fun. I hope you have an amazing month too! Oh man the cards! I don't know how many I'll complete.. I didn't even read the rules for this challenge yet. Just went solo and moved back to the March challenge lol

message 9: by Maria (last edited Mar 26, 2018 01:22AM) (new)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments Hey guys! Good luck to us all for the challenge ^_^

message 10: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2508 comments Good Luck!

message 11: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Chhabra (justagirlhighonbooks) | 530 comments Good luck to you all, too. :)

message 12: by Christine (new)

Christine | 860 comments Checking In I'm so happy I'm in a literally solo thread. haha

message 13: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Chhabra (justagirlhighonbooks) | 530 comments Haha! Solo threads are fun. xD

message 14: by Anjali S (new)

Anjali S | 42 comments Checking in

message 15: by Jesa (new)

Jesa Burgoyne | 10 comments I’m joining the solo chat and I’m new here.

message 16: by Jesa (new)

Jesa Burgoyne | 10 comments What are the rules to this?

message 17: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Welcome!! So on your review thread Sarah will give you some uno cards to complete. With these cards you need to complete 4 books for each one before you get a new card. Each card will give you a certain task to complete. Some could be furniture in the title or on the cover of a book. Or read a book with an author having a certain name. They are pretty easy. You also post your books a certain way in your review thread.

message 18: by June (new)

June | 747 comments For cards with two or four categories, each stem still requires 4 books as well?

message 19: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) I think so

message 20: by June (new)

June | 747 comments I saw in another solo review site that I do have to read 4 books for each category. Yikes and I have 2 special cards. Guess I will be on these three cards for the rest of the month.

message 21: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Yikes! I have a 4 card one and a 2 card one 🙈

message 22: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Chhabra (justagirlhighonbooks) | 530 comments Haha. Even I have a 4 card one and a 2 card one. And then there is a Wild Card xD

message 23: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) 😂😂

message 24: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Chhabra (justagirlhighonbooks) | 530 comments But I don't think you'll be stuck with them. I, on the other hand, am totally stuck to these categories now xD
Unless I finish my Wild Card category. Haha!

message 25: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Ritika wrote: "But I don't think you'll be stuck with them. I, on the other hand, am totally stuck to these categories now xD
Unless I finish my Wild Card category. Haha!"

I have two categories I might be stuck with.. unless I somehow find books for them xD

message 26: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Chhabra (justagirlhighonbooks) | 530 comments Haha.

message 27: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) OMG somehow I ended up reading a series that had a motorcycle club. The gods have blessed me! I will be done with that card soon...ish. Too bad it's apart of the draw 4 :( I'm having trouble with Blue 1 and Blue 4 right now.. but I have so many other cards to worry about first!

message 28: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Hello everyone!

message 29: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22694 comments Mod
Sup solo people we are about to get this chat party started!

message 30: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

I hate being a lefty sometimes. My mouse pad is discriminatory. :(

message 31: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Bookbuyer wrote: "Sup solo people we are about to get this chat party started!

"

message 32: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Bookbuyer wrote: "I hate being a lefty sometimes. My mouse pad is discriminatory. :("

Righty's run the world!

message 33: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) SO FREAKING WEIRD HOW FELICIA WAS GONNA BE A DECEMBER BABY AND HOW I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A JANUARY BABY. WE FLIPPED!

I'm shook.

message 34: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Alaina wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Sup solo people we are about to get this chat party started!

"

"

lol I saw that one but I love minions! :P

message 35: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Alaina wrote: "SO FREAKING WEIRD HOW FELICIA WAS GONNA BE A DECEMBER BABY AND HOW I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A JANUARY BABY. WE FLIPPED!

I'm shook."

O.o Maybe you guys knew each other in a past life?

message 36: by Felicia (new)

Felicia The party’s here! *Snooki voice* 😂😂😂

message 37: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments This chat is getting lit lol

message 38: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Bookbuyer wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Sup solo people we are about to get this chat party started!

"

"

lol I saw that one but I love minions! :P"

lol i know! I saw that one too.. and I was like.. nah, I should pick something different

message 39: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Bookbuyer wrote: "Alaina wrote: "SO FREAKING WEIRD HOW FELICIA WAS GONNA BE A DECEMBER BABY AND HOW I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A JANUARY BABY. WE FLIPPED!

I'm shook."

O.o Maybe you guys knew each other in a past life?"

:O omg.. i have no idea. Maybe we were twins back then?

message 40: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Felicia wrote: "The party’s here! *Snooki voice* 😂😂😂"

OMG I'M DYING

message 41: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Andrea wrote: "This chat is getting lit lol"

ayyyye welcome to the best party ever!

message 42: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "This chat is getting lit lol"

ayyyye welcome to the best party ever!"

XD

message 43: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Alaina wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Alaina wrote: "SO FREAKING WEIRD HOW FELICIA WAS GONNA BE A DECEMBER BABY AND HOW I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A JANUARY BABY. WE FLIPPED!

I'm shook."

O.o Maybe you guys knew each othe..."

It’s crazy! And we like all the same stuff! Spooky!

message 44: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole)

message 45: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "This chat is getting lit lol"

XD"

I miss our chats!!

message 46: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (ameserole) Felicia wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Alaina wrote: "SO FREAKING WEIRD HOW FELICIA WAS GONNA BE A DECEMBER BABY AND HOW I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A JANUARY BABY. WE FLIPPED!

I'm shook."

O.o Maybe you guys..."

I know!

message 47: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "This chat is getting lit lol"

XD"

I miss our chats!!"

Me too!! I've also been super sick today so I haven't been on as much today as I'd like.

message 48: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Andrea wrote: "This chat is getting lit lol"

lol. Yup. They are not going to know what hit them the next time they see this thread!

message 49: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Alaina wrote: "Felicia wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Alaina wrote: "SO FREAKING WEIRD HOW FELICIA WAS GONNA BE A DECEMBER BABY AND HOW I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A JANUARY BABY. WE FLIPPED!

I'm shook."

O...."

I was so happy when you got my stepbrother reference! I love that movie. Not enough people love it. Lol.

message 50: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Alaina wrote: ""

Saw that one too! :P

« previous 1 3 4 5 6
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.