YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Alicante (M) - Reviews

Comments Showing 1-50 of 123 (123 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Post reviews as follows:

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare
Card: Green One - 'cake' in title.
Review: Link
Buddy: Link
Pages: Link to highest page count

Rules: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Chat: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83060 comments Mod
Team Alicante:

__________|_Buddy_|__Page____|__Total
__________|_Reads_|__Points__|

Name______|___0___|_____0____|_____0

Bonus: +

Team______|___0___|_____0____|_____0

Cards:
(1)**52. Yellow 'Draw Two' - Get two new categories instead of one! Both categories will be from the yellow cards, and will be chosen using random.org.
---37. Yellow Six - 'Yellow 6 Design' - Read books whose titles contain items of furniture, we will accept 'table', 'chair', 'bed', 'wardrobe', 'mirror', 'cabinet' or 'cupboard'. (letters must appear in order, but can be part of other words, such as; climbed, prescribed, obedient, unsuitable, unforgettable, unpredictable, inevitable.)(this list might help - Furniture In The Title) or, read books with items of furniture on the cover.
---33. Yellow Two - 'yellow 2' - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'C', 'I', and 'D' (for CID 31425) (Title must contain all 3 letters, but in any order.) (examples of words which contain 'C', 'I', and 'D' are accident, suicide, coincidence, lucid, and acid)
(2)**21. Red Zero - 'Big Red Zero' - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'D', 'I', 'E', and 'T'. (Hint: the following words all contain the letters 'D', 'I', 'E', and 'T' - detective, deception, restricted/unrestricted, wildest, education, destiny, tide, spirited.)
(3)**1. Blue Zero - 'Blue Zero vodka' - Read books which you got for free (for alcohol free) (Could be an amazon freebie, a library book, a gift, a review copy etc.) (no illegally free books please)
(4)**3. Blue Two - 'blue o two' - Read books with water on the cover, or in the title (we will accept; water, sea, river, lake, pond, ocean, rain (please ask us if you have another word you would like to use)) (can also be part of a word, such as season, sealed, snowflake, driver) (This list might also help - Swimmers on the Cover)
(5)**60. Wild Draw Four - Get four new categories/cards instead of one! (And, one of these categories/cards is guaranteed to be a Wild Card!)
---53. Wild Card - Read ANY book.
---23. Red Two - 'Red 2' - Read books whose title's contain the letter 'W' (for 'Warren Ellis') (The letter 'W' can be anywhere in the title, as long as it appears at least once.)
---16. Green Five - 'D&C GREEN 5' - Read books with coloured hair on the cover, or read books with long hair on the cover (These lists might help - Rainbow Hair, Really Long Hair), or read books with the word 'hair' in the title (can also be part of another word such as 'hairspray', 'chair', 'lothaire').
---56. Wild Card - Read ANY book.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Team Alicante:

Kate______|___0___|_____2____|_____2

Team______|___0___|_____2____|_____2

Cards:
(1)**52. Yellow 'Draw Two' - Get two new categories instead of one! Both categories will be from the yellow cards, and will be chosen using random.org.
---37. Yellow Six - 'Yellow 6 Design' - Read books whose titles contain items of furniture, we will accept 'table', 'chair', 'bed', 'wardrobe', 'mirror', 'cabinet' or 'cupboard'. (letters must appear in order, but can be part of other words, such as; climbed, prescribed, obedient, unsuitable, unforgettable, unpredictable, inevitable.)(this list might help - Furniture In The Title) or, read books with items of furniture on the cover.
---33. Yellow Two - 'yellow 2' - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'C', 'I', and 'D' (for CID 31425) (Title must contain all 3 letters, but in any order.) (examples of words which contain 'C', 'I', and 'D' are accident, suicide, coincidence, lucid, and acid)
(2)**21. Red Zero - 'Big Red Zero' - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'D', 'I', 'E', and 'T'. (Hint: the following words all contain the letters 'D', 'I', 'E', and 'T' - detective, deception, restricted/unrestricted, wildest, education, destiny, tide, spirited.)
(3)**1. Blue Zero - 'Blue Zero vodka' - Read books which you got for free (for alcohol free) (Could be an amazon freebie, a library book, a gift, a review copy etc.) (no illegally free books please)
(4)**3. Blue Two - 'blue o two' - Read books with water on the cover, or in the title (we will accept; water, sea, river, lake, pond, ocean, rain (please ask us if you have another word you would like to use)) (can also be part of a word, such as season, sealed, snowflake, driver) (This list might also help - Swimmers on the Cover)
(5)**60. Wild Draw Four - Get four new categories/cards instead of one! (And, one of these categories/cards is guaranteed to be a Wild Card!)
---23. Red Two - Read books whose title's contain the letter 'W' (1/4)
(This World We Live In)
---16. Green Five - 'D&C GREEN 5' - Read books with coloured hair on the cover, or read books with long hair on the cover (These lists might help - Rainbow Hair, Really Long Hair), or read books with the word 'hair' in the title (can also be part of another word such as 'hairspray', 'chair', 'lothaire').

Team Alicante:

Kate______|___3___|_____5____|_____8

Team______|___3___|_____5____|_____8

Cards:
---33. Yellow Two - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'C', 'I', and 'D'. (1/4)
(American Panda)
---23. Red Two - Read books whose title's contain the letter 'W' (1/4)
(This World We Live In)

message 7: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11410 comments Skeleton Tower by Vanessa Acton
Card: Blue 2
Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Pages: 104

message 8: by Elizabeth Emily (last edited Apr 02, 2018 01:31PM) (new)

message 10: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Team Alicante:

Courtney__|___0___|_____1____|_____1
ElizabethE|___0___|_____9____|_____9

Team______|___3___|____15____|____18

Cards:
---33. Yellow Two - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'C', 'I', and 'D'. (2/4)
(American Panda
The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue)
(4)**3. Blue Two - Read books with water on the cover, or in the title. (1/4)
(Skeleton Tower)
---23. Red Two - Read books whose title's contain the letter 'W' (2/4)
(This World We Live In
The Hazel Wood)

message 12: by Isha (new)

Isha (imisha) | 580 comments Love, Life, and the List by Kasie West
Card: Green Five - Long Hair
Buddy Read: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Pages: 384

message 13: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Team Alicante:

Courtney__|___0___|_____3____|_____3
Isha______|___3___|_____3____|_____6

Team______|___6___|____20____|____26

Cards:
---37. Yellow Six - Read books whose titles contain items of furniture, or, read books with items of furniture on the cover. (1/4)
(Tales of the Peculiar)
---33. Yellow Two - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'C', 'I', and 'D'. (2/4)
(American Panda
(Skeleton Tower)
(This World We Live In
The Hazel Wood)
---16. Green Five - Read books with coloured hair on the cover, or read books with long hair on the cover. (1/4)
(Love, Life, and the List)

message 16: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Courtney wrote: "The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu
Card used: Green five
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
Buddy: ..."

Hi Courtney, I'll accept this one for 'long hair', but using this edition Молодая Элита (Молодая Элита, #1) by Marie Lu rather than the one you posted because you can't see how long her hair really is on that edition.

message 17: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Jenn wrote: "Charged (Saints of Denver, #2) by Jay Crownover
Buddy: 400, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show..."

Jenn, I'll count this one as long hair, but only using this edition - Amore senza confini because you can't really see how long her hair is in the cover you posted.

message 18: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Apr 04, 2018 12:33PM) (new)

Team Alicante:

Courtney__|___5___|_____8____|____13
Isha______|___3___|_____3____|_____6
Jenn______|___0___|_____4____|_____4

Team______|__11___|____29____|____40

Cards:
---37. Yellow Six - Read books whose titles contain items of furniture, or, read books with items of furniture on the cover. (1/4)
(Tales of the Peculiar)
(American Panda
(Skeleton Tower)
(This World We Live In
The Hazel Wood)
---16. Green Five - Read books with coloured hair on the cover, or read books with long hair on the cover. (3/4)
(Love, Life, and the List
The Young Elites-Молодая Элита
Charged)

message 19: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 4579 comments Mod
Sarah wrote: "Jenn wrote: "Charged (Saints of Denver, #2) by Jay Crownover
Buddy: 400, https://www.goodreads...."

Sarah - I thought the description said "Read books with coloured hair on the cover, or read books with long hair on the cover ". I was going for the coloured hair part unless I was understanding that definition wrong. Obviously, I'll take the long haired cover since it works :)

message 20: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Yes, sorry, you're right. I'd forgotten the bit about coloured hair ☺

message 23: by Isha (new)

Isha (imisha) | 580 comments Brave Enough by Kati Gardner
Category: Blue Zero
Pages: 280

message 24: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Team Alicante:

ElizabethE|___0___|____15____|____15
Isha______|___3___|_____5____|_____8

Team______|__11___|____37____|____48

Cards:
(Tales of the Peculiar)
(American Panda
(3)**1. Blue Zero - Read books which you got for free. (1/4)
(Brave Enough)
(Skeleton Tower)
(5)**60. Wild Draw Four - Get four new categories/cards instead of one!
---53. Wild Card - Read ANY book. (2/4)
(The Bones of You
The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend)
(This World We Live In
The Hazel Wood)
---16. Green Five - Read books with coloured hair on the cover, or read books with long hair on the cover. (3/4)
Charged)

message 26: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Team Alicante:

Abby______|___6___|_____6____|____12

Bonus: +10

Team______|__17___|____43____|____70

Cards:
(Tales of the Peculiar)
(American Panda
(Brave Enough)
(Skeleton Tower)
(The Bones of You
(This World We Live In
The Hazel Wood)
---16. Green Five - Read books with coloured hair on the cover, or read books with long hair on the cover. (4/4)
Charged
The Storyteller)

message 27: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Never Never (Never Never, #1) by Colleen Hoover
Category: Blue Three (Water on cover)
Pages: 218 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 28: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Royally Screwed (Royally, #1) by Emma Chase
Category: Yellow Six (Furniture on cover)
Pages: 352 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 29: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Team Alicante:

Abby______|___6___|____11____|____17

Team______|__17___|____48____|____75

Cards:
---37. Yellow Six - Read books whose titles contain items of furniture, or, read books with items of furniture on the cover. (2/4)
(Tales of the Peculiar
Royally Screwed)
(American Panda
(Brave Enough)
(4)**3. Blue Two - Read books with water on the cover, or in the title. (2/4)
(Skeleton Tower
Never Never)
(The Bones of You
(This World We Live In
The Hazel Wood)
---16. Green Five - Read books with coloured hair on the cover, or read books with long hair on the cover. (4/4)
Charged
The Storyteller)

message 30: by Kate (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 993 comments The Child Finder by Rene Denfeld

Category: Yellow Two - Title contains the letters 'C', 'I', and 'D
Buddy read: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Pages: 350 - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 31: by Isha (last edited Apr 08, 2018 07:34AM) (new)

Isha (imisha) | 580 comments One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus
Category: Blue Zero - Free Book from the Library
Pages: 358

message 32: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Isha, could you tell us where you got the book for free please?

message 33: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Team Alicante:

Kate______|___6___|_____8____|____14

Team______|__20___|____51____|____81

Cards:
---37. Yellow Six - Read books whose titles contain items of furniture, or, read books with items of furniture on the cover. (2/4)
(Tales of the Peculiar
Royally Screwed)
---33. Yellow Two - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'C', 'I', and 'D'. (3/4)
(American Panda
The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
The Child Finder)
(Brave Enough)
(Skeleton Tower
Never Never)
(The Bones of You
(This World We Live In
The Hazel Wood)
Charged
The Storyteller)

message 34: by Isha (new)

Isha (imisha) | 580 comments Sarah wrote: "Isha, could you tell us where you got the book for free please?"

I got it from the library! :)

I'll edit my previous post and add it in

message 35: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Thank you ☺

message 36: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Team Alicante:

Kate______|___6___|_____8____|____14
Isha______|___6___|_____8____|____14

Team______|__23___|____54____|____87

Cards:
(1)**52. Yellow 'Draw Two' - Get two new categories instead of one!
(Tales of the Peculiar
Royally Screwed)
---33. Yellow Two - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'C', 'I', and 'D'. (3/4)
(American Panda
The Child Finder)
(3)**1. Blue Zero - Read books which you got for free. (2/4)
(Brave Enough
One of Us Is Lying)
(Skeleton Tower
Never Never)
(The Bones of You
(This World We Live In
The Hazel Wood)
Charged
The Storyteller)

message 37: by Kate (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 993 comments One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus

Category: Blue Zero - borrowed from the library
Review/Updates: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Pages: 459 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 38: by Isha (new)

Isha (imisha) | 580 comments Kate wrote: "One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus

Buddy Read: https://..."

Sarah, can I change my edition to the one Kate used so we can get the extra points? I already posted my review above. Thanks!

message 39: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Team Alicante:

Kate______|__10___|____12____|____22
Isha______|___7___|_____9____|____16

Team______|__28___|____59____|____97

Cards:
(Tales of the Peculiar
Royally Screwed)
(American Panda
The Child Finder)
(3)**1. Blue Zero - Read books which you got for free. (3/4)
(Brave Enough
One of Us Is Lying
One of Us Is Lying)
(Skeleton Tower
Never Never)
(The Bones of You
(This World We Live In
The Hazel Wood)
Charged
The Storyteller)

message 40: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Isha wrote: "Kate wrote: "One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus

Buddy R..."

Sure ☺

message 41: by Jenn (new)

Long Way Home (Thunder Road, #3) by Katie McGarry
Category: 23. Red Two: Read books whose titles contain the letter W.
Pages: 448, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 42: by Abby (last edited Apr 10, 2018 11:01AM) (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Pizsamás hercegnő by Meg Cabot
Category: Yellow Six (Furniture on cover)
Pages: 307 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8...

message 43: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Team Alicante:

Isha______|___7___|_____9____|____16
Jenn______|___0___|_____8____|_____8
Abby______|___6___|____14____|____20

Team______|__28___|____66____|___104

Cards:
---37. Yellow Six - Read books whose titles contain items of furniture, or, read books with items of furniture on the cover. (3/4)
(Tales of the Peculiar
Royally Screwed
Princess Mia-Pizsamás hercegnő)
(American Panda
The Child Finder)
(3)**1. Blue Zero - Read books which you got for free. (3/4)
(Brave Enough
One of Us Is Lying
One of Us Is Lying)
(Skeleton Tower
Never Never)
(The Bones of You
---23. Red Two - Read books whose title's contain the letter 'W' (3/4)
(This World We Live In
The Hazel Wood
Long Way Home)
Charged
The Storyteller)

message 44: by Isha (new)

message 45: by Courtney (last edited Apr 10, 2018 05:51PM) (new)

message 46: by Jenn (new)

Incubus Dreams (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #12) by Laurell K. Hamilton
Card used: 33. Yellow Two: Read books whose titles contains the letters C, I + D.
Pages: 864, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7...

message 47: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Team Alicante:

Courtney__|__11___|____14____|____25
Isha______|__11___|____13____|____24
Jenn______|___0___|____14____|____14

Bonus: +30

Team______|__38___|____82____|___150

Cards:
---37. Yellow Six - Read books whose titles contain items of furniture, or, read books with items of furniture on the cover. (3/4)
(Tales of the Peculiar
Royally Screwed
Princess Mia-Pizsamás hercegnő)
---33. Yellow Two - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'C', 'I', and 'D'. (4/4)
(American Panda
The Child Finder
Incubus Dreams)

(3)**1. Blue Zero - Read books which you got for free. (4/4)
(Brave Enough
One of Us Is Lying
One of Us Is Lying
Illuminae)

(4)**3. Blue Two - Read books with water on the cover, or in the title. (3/4)
(Skeleton Tower
Never Never
The Moon and More)
(The Bones of You
(This World We Live In
The Hazel Wood
Long Way Home)
Charged
The Storyteller)

(6)**60. Wild Draw Four - Get four new categories/cards instead of one! (And, one of these categories/cards is guaranteed to be a Wild Card!)
---7. Blue Six - 'Blue Six' - Read books based in New York (These shelves might help - New York (the state), Manhattan, New York City, New York, New York City, New York), or books with the words 'New' or 'York' in the title (can also be part of a word such as knew, newborn, or anew).
---8. Blue Seven - 'BLUE SEVEN' - Read books with an item of clothing on the cover (may be worn or unworn), or in the title (can also be part of a word, like 'address', 'undressed', 'participant', 'embrace', 'brain, or 'library'.)
---10. Blue Nine - 'Blue Nine Security' - Read books with the letters 'S', 'E', and 'C' in the title (for security). (Title must contain all 3 letters, but in any order.)(Examples of words which contain the letters 'S', 'E', and 'C', are; second, secret, transcend, changes, scent, ascension, transcend, and secretary.)

message 50: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Team Alicante:

Courtney__|__11___|____17____|____28
Isha______|__13___|____15____|____28
Jenn______|___0___|____14____|____14

Bonus: +40

Team______|__40___|____87____|___167

Cards:
---37. Yellow Six - Read books whose titles contain items of furniture, or, read books with items of furniture on the cover. (4/4)
(Tales of the Peculiar
Royally Screwed
Princess Mia-Pizsamás hercegnő
Wrong Bed, Right Guy)

---33. Yellow Two - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'C', 'I', and 'D'. (4/4)
(American Panda
The Child Finder
Incubus Dreams)

(2)**21. Red Zero - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'D', 'I', 'E', and 'T'. (1/4)
(Riptide)
(3)**1. Blue Zero - Read books which you got for free. (4/4)
(Brave Enough
One of Us Is Lying
One of Us Is Lying
Illuminae)

(4)**3. Blue Two - Read books with water on the cover, or in the title. (3/4)
(Skeleton Tower
Never Never
The Moon and More)
(The Bones of You
(This World We Live In
The Hazel Wood
Long Way Home)
Charged
The Storyteller)

(6)**60. Wild Draw Four - Get four new categories/cards instead of one! (And, one of these categories/cards is guaranteed to be a Wild Card!)
---7. Blue Six - 'Blue Six' - Read books based in New York (These shelves might help - New York (the state), Manhattan, New York City, New York, New York City, New York), or books with the words 'New' or 'York' in the title (can also be part of a word such as knew, newborn, or anew).
---8. Blue Seven - 'BLUE SEVEN' - Read books with an item of clothing on the cover (may be worn or unworn), or in the title (can also be part of a word, like 'address', 'undressed', 'participant', 'embrace', 'brain, or 'library'.)
---10. Blue Nine - 'Blue Nine Security' - Read books with the letters 'S', 'E', and 'C' in the title (for security). (Title must contain all 3 letters, but in any order.)(Examples of words which contain the letters 'S', 'E', and 'C', are; second, secret, transcend, changes, scent, ascension, transcend, and secretary.)
(7)**32. Yellow One - 'The Yellow One' - Read books which contain the words 'smo' or 'ban' as part of their title. (for smoothie and banana respectively) (letters must appear in order, but can be part of words such as; smolder, smoke, smooth, bane, bang, band, bank, urban, husband, abandon etc.)

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.