YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Alicante (M) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 183 (183 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Abby (last edited Mar 25, 2018 02:12PM) (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Team Members
✓Jenn
✓Abby
✓Courtney
✓Isha
✓Elizabeth Emily
✓Kate

Rules: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 2: by Abby (last edited Apr 22, 2018 06:00PM) (new)

Abby | 5454 comments ***Current Cards***

-53. Wild Card - Read ANY book. (60. Wild Draw Four)
-7. Blue Six - Read books based in New York (These shelves might help - New York (the state), Manhattan, New York City, New York, New York City, New York), or books with the words 'New' or 'York' in the title (60. Wild Draw Four)
-8. Blue Seven - Read books with an item of clothing on the cover (may be worn or unworn), or in the title (can also be part of a word, like 'address', 'undressed', 'participant', 'embrace', 'brain, or 'library'.) (60. Wild Draw Four)
-10. Blue Nine - Read books with the letters 'S', 'E', and 'C' in the title (60. Wild Draw Four)
-5. Blue Four - Read books with guitars (or other musical instruments) on the cover or in the title or read books by author's named 'Chris', 'James', 'Patrick', or 'Rynn'.
-33. Yellow Two - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'C', 'I', and 'D'
-30. Red Nine - Read books with the word 'Jack' in either the title or author's name.
-15. Green Four - Read books which feature sports or athletes, or books whose titles contain the word 'ball'.

message 3: by Isha (new)

Isha (imisha) | 580 comments Checking in!

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11410 comments Checking in.

message 5: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Hi! Take a look at our new cards here.

I will also be tracking our reading at the top of the thread here.

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11410 comments Okay. I will have a list of books I wanna read in April up soon. I gotta match everything to categories. Thankfully we got two
Wildcards and the free book category so those will be easy to clear.

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 993 comments Hello! :) Checking in

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments Hi team 👋

Just checking in. I have a few books that would work for the categories already. Is everyone alright with the idea that we try and fill the categories in first and then whoever doesn’t have any for the categories can use some of the wildcards? Also is anyone good at creating a spreadsheet if not I can do one? I just can’t do any of the formulas haha😌

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments These are the books I have for the categories on my phone. I still have my physical books and kindle to look through. But I have loads for W

37;
33;
-Pride and Prejudice-Jane Austen,
21;
-Neanderthal Opens the Door to the Universe,
-All the Good Things,
1;
3;
53;
23;
-White Bodies,
-The Growing Season,
-Waking Gods,
-Arrowood.
16;
-Poison Princess
56;

Obviously we don’t have to use all these but thought it might be good to get some books on the board😌

message 10: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 4597 comments Mod
Checking in! I'm at breakfast now but will look over the cards and see what I have to fit :)

message 11: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments I’d also like to read the bones of you if I’d be able to use one of the wildcard spots wildcard as I’ve been meaning to read it for months. I also have some netgalley books I need to read which would work for free books :)

message 12: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments The large majority of my books come from the library, so the free book category is super easy.

message 13: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11410 comments Abby wrote: "The large majority of my books come from the library, so the free book category is super easy."

Same here. I work at the library so almost everything I have will work for that category. I am working on making my list now.

message 14: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11410 comments Elizabeth Emily wrote: "I’d also like to read the bones of you if I’d be able to use one of the wildcard spots wildcard as I’ve been meaning to read it for months. I also have some netgalley books I need to read which wou..."

I dont think that will be an issue if it doesnt fit into any of the other categories.

message 15: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Elizabeth Emily wrote: "Hi team 👋

Just checking in. I have a few books that would work for the categories already. Is everyone alright with the idea that we try and fill the categories in first and then whoever doesn’t ..."

I'm able to do a spreadsheet, but it wouldn't be very good. haha
You're welcome to make one if you think it'll be easier. Or we can just do tracking on the thread. I'm cool with either.

message 16: by Jenn (new)

Ok, here's what I have that works:

-obviously Wild Cards and books you got for free are super easy and I have many that fit this

16. Green Five -Read books with coloured hair on the cover, or read books with long hair on the cover
-Charged
-All Played Out
-Take Me On
-Unleashed

21. Red Zero -Read books whose titles contain the letters 'D', 'I', 'E', and 'T'.
- Till Death
-Beautiful Redemption
-Hearts in Darkness

3. Blue Two -Read books with water on the cover, or in the title (we will accept; water, sea, river, lake, pond, ocean, rain, etc.)
- - Till Death (also works here)

23. Red Two -Read books whose title's contain the letter 'W'
-If There's No Tomorrow
-Long Way Home

33. Yellow Two -Read books whose titles contain the letters 'C', 'I', and 'D'
-Incubus Dreams

I might be able to find more but this is what I could see right off

message 17: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments I’ll have a go at making one.. it’ll be my first time but I’ll give it a go :)

message 18: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments Okay so it’s a pretty basic spreadsheet but here’s the link😂 just thought it might be a little easier to track but we don’t have to use it😌 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 19: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments I definitely like having a spreadsheet so everyone can add their own books. I don't have to keep track of everything.

message 20: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Elizabeth, it's set to view only. You need to change it to where everyone can edit.

message 21: by Courtney (last edited Apr 02, 2018 10:58AM) (new)

Courtney | 11410 comments 37. Yellow Six -Read books whose titles contain items of furniture, we will accept 'table', 'chair', 'bed', 'wardrobe', 'mirror', 'cabinet' or 'cupboard' or, read books with items of furniture on the cover. (52. Yellow 'Draw Two')
- Tales of the Peculiar
33. Yellow Two -Read books whose titles contain the letters 'C', 'I', and 'D' (52. Yellow 'Draw Two')
- The Hidden Oracle
- Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide
21. Red Zero -Read books whose titles contain the letters 'D', 'I', 'E', and 'T'.
- The Hidden Oracle
3. Blue Two -Read books with water on the cover, or in the title (we will accept; water, sea, river, lake, pond, ocean, rain, etc.)
- Skeleton Tower
- Lord of Shadows
23. Red Two -Read books whose title's contain the letter 'W' (60. Wild Draw Four)
- Lord of Shadows
- Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists
- The Sword of Summer
- Swarm
56. Wild Card - Read ANY book. (60. Wild Draw Four)
- Dreams of Gods & Monsters
16. Green Five -Read books with coloured hair on the cover, or read books with long hair on the cover (60. Wild Draw Four)
- Swarm (This edition might be able to work here)
- The Young Elites
1. Blue Zero -Read books which you got for free
- Illuminae
- The Silver Mask
(All of the books listed fit here except the Hogwarts books, but I wanted to try to not fill this one up)
The ones that are posted twice I wasnt sure where to put them so I will put them where we need them to based off whats open when I finish them. I will also be trying to get buddys for some of them.

message 22: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments Sorry guys.. I think I’ve done it now!:)

message 23: by Kate (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 993 comments Hi, I've added two books to the spreadsheet. I don't have anything solidly planned for now since I usually read as I go, but I'll put up some titles when I'm sure to read them.

message 24: by Jenn (new)

I've added mine. I have more if needed or if we need to switch around to make a category :)

message 25: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments My books are extremely up in the air since I'm participating in many other challenges. I've added my first 2 selections for the month and will consult the cards whenever I need to pick up a new book.

message 26: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2492 comments Good Luck!

message 27: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Wolf (Alpha) wrote: "Good Luck!"

Thanks, Wolf!

message 28: by Isha (last edited Apr 01, 2018 10:02AM) (new)

Isha (imisha) | 580 comments Here are some books I'm planning to read in April that match the cards (will add more later):

Truly Devious Truly Devious (Truly Devious, #1) by Maureen Johnson Red Zero
Brave Enough Brave Enough by Kati Gardner Blue Zero
Love, Life, and the List Love, Life, and the List by Kasie West Green Five

message 29: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Don't forget to add them to the spreadsheet, Isha. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 30: by Isha (new)

Isha (imisha) | 580 comments Abby wrote: "Don't forget to add them to the spreadsheet, Isha. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/..."
I just did! :)

message 31: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11410 comments I cant view the spread sheet at all. :(

message 32: by Kate (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 993 comments Hi guys, the challenge has just started!

I was looking at the spreadsheet and was wondering if some of them can be combined together so we can finish one card and move on?

I think we can read more than one book for a category, right?

message 33: by Abby (last edited Apr 01, 2018 05:18AM) (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Kate wrote: "Hi guys, the challenge has just started!

I was looking at the spreadsheet and was wondering if some of them can be combined together so we can finish one card and move on?

I think we can read mor..."

If you can find some that will be able to be moved around, go for it! It's especially a good idea since we have the Draw 2 and the Wild 4 where we have to read all the categories in order to get a new one.

message 34: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments I've started Royally Screwed on audio, but I have to finish up a book from last month before getting started on my next physical book.

message 35: by Isha (new)

Isha (imisha) | 580 comments Don't know if you guys can help me with this or not, but for Green Five, what would count as 'long hair'? I have Love, Life, and the List by Kasie West on my TBR which I put under wildcard, but would that count as Green Five?

message 36: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments I would definitely consider her hair to be long.

message 37: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments We need to fill in the furniture and the water tasks.

message 38: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments I think the spreadsheet looks pretty good so far. I do have some more to add in I just didn’t want to fill all of them in if you guys wanted them. So I’ll read the ones I have on there for now and then when I’ve read them I’ll fill in some more spaces. I’ve started Hazel Wood and 13 minutes. Should have Hazel Wood finished tonight or first thing tomorrow as I’m flying through it and then I’ll start another :)

message 39: by Jenn (new)

I'm the same Elizabeth haha. I'm starting on the ones I have filled in but can definitely add more depending on what's needed. I just didn't want to take too many

message 40: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments Haha, I have Hazel Wood finished and also the gentlemans guide to vice and virtue. I’m about halfway through 13 minutes and I’ve started when Dimple met Rishi and the Bones of you. :)

message 41: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Go Elizabeth!

message 42: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments I’m so determined to use this month to catch up to my reading challenge. I’m about15 books behind haha :) I love the category challenges.

message 43: by Courtney (last edited Apr 02, 2018 01:51PM) (new)

Courtney | 11410 comments Im almost done with Skeleton Tower, and plan on starting Tales of the Peculiar and Young Elites next.

message 44: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11410 comments So I am almost done with Tales of the Peculiar and plan on putting it under the furniture category. I also plan on putting The Young Elites under the hair category. I cant view the spreadsheet so if either of these get in the way let me know, and I can move them to another category.

message 45: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments I'll add them for you. We definitely need the furniture one and the hair category is full but we can shuffle things around if needed since 2 of those books haven't been started yet.

message 46: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11410 comments Abby wrote: "I'll add them for you. We definitely need the furniture one and the hair category is full but we can shuffle things around if needed since 2 of those books haven't been started yet."
Okay. Thank you. The only other category I can use Young Elites for right now is Wild Card. So I can put it under whatever one we think is better.

message 47: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Courtney wrote: "Abby wrote: "I'll add them for you. We definitely need the furniture one and the hair category is full but we can shuffle things around if needed since 2 of those books haven't been started yet."
O..."

Put it under Long Hair for now since that's the more specific category.

message 48: by Courtney (last edited Apr 03, 2018 08:31PM) (new)

Courtney | 11410 comments Reposting this because I cant view the spreadsheet from my phone so I just wanna keep my books updated as much as I can so I know where I can place everything.

37. Yellow Six -Read books whose titles contain items of furniture, we will accept 'table', 'chair', 'bed', 'wardrobe', 'mirror', 'cabinet' or 'cupboard' or, read books with items of furniture on the cover. (52. Yellow 'Draw Two')
- Tales of the Peculiar DONE
33. Yellow Two -Read books whose titles contain the letters 'C', 'I', and 'D' (52. Yellow 'Draw Two')
- The Hidden Oracle
- Skeleton Tower DONE
- Lord of Shadows
23. Red Two -Read books whose title's contain the letter 'W' (60. Wild Draw Four)
- Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists
- The Sword of Summer
- Swarm
56. Wild Card - Read ANY book. (60. Wild Draw Four)
- Dreams of Gods & Monsters
- Night of Cake & Puppets
16. Green Five -Read books with coloured hair on the cover, or read books with long hair on the cover (60. Wild Draw Four)
- The Young Elites (Only place it fits without using Wildcard). BR DONE
1. Blue Zero -Read books which you got for free
- Illuminae BR
- The Silver Mask

message 49: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 11410 comments I posted The Young Elites, and have a buddy read for Illuminae starting tomorrow. I might be able to squeeze in a smaller book tonight as well.

message 50: by Jenn (new)

Just posted my review for Charged and am starting Incubus Dreams tonight.

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.