What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1)
This topic is about Romancing the Duke
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. British Historical Romance: Blind man lives alone, woman arrives claiming she inherited the castle/house, they live together for a while. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sofia (new)

Sofia | 7 comments The book starts by a blind man living in a house but he isolated himself that a woman came in claiming she inherit the house. Then they have to co live for a while. Its in the time in British and i would saw 1700s

Annamariah | 283 comments Is it historical romance? Is the house in question a castle? Does the blind man happen to be a duke and does the heroine have a pet ermine? If yes, I think you are looking for Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare.

Kris | 34325 comments Mod
Sofia, around what year did you read this book?

Please add plot details (a summary) and genre to your topic header using the "edit" link on the desktop website (not mobile app). Someone is more likely to recognize your book. Just ask if you'd like help with this.

Tips for posting a book request: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 4: by BookLovingLady (last edited Aug 06, 2018 05:24AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

BookLovingLady | 8 comments @Annamariah
I don't know about Sofia, but Romancing the Duke was exactly the book I was looking for :-)

I keep a list in Excel for my Ebooks but as I had no idea when I read it and I only could remember vague details. I went through all kinds of ebooks, including Romancing the Duke, but it didn't seem to be what I was looking for, judging by the GR description.

I read your message and opened my copy, and it turns out to be exactly the book I was looking for. Thanks so much for your help!

I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it (without spoilers) using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

Here's the Google Books preview of Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare - Annamariah's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=PT4...

Annamariah | 283 comments Booklovinglady wrote: "@Annamariah
I don't know about Sofia, but Romancing the Duke was exactly the book I was looking for :-)"

Well, I'm glad I could help someone! :D

message 7: by BookLovingLady (last edited Aug 06, 2018 10:24AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

BookLovingLady | 8 comments Hi Kris,

It was a castle and guy in the story is a duke, but I'm not sure about the 'around 1700s' part. It is definitely historical though :-) Annamariah is also right about the pet ermine.

The duke has been living in the castle together with just his manservant, for seven months, when Izzy Goodnight appears.

Booklovinglady wrote: "...It was a castle and guy in the story is a duke, but I'm not sure about the 'around 1700s' part. It is definitely historical though :-) Annamariah is also right about the pet ermine..."

Good point. We try to keep the requester's original language in the header even if things are remembered a little differently. But I'll adjust a few things I added. And yes, "Release the ermine!" :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Romancing the Duke (other topics)
Romancing the Duke (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tessa Dare (other topics)