YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Oviedo (M) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 247 (247 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Amanda Setasha (last edited Apr 04, 2018 11:44AM) (new)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments Team Oviedo:

√ Lucky
√ Natalia
√ Siobhan
√ Amanda Setasha
√ Katina
√ Jaden

Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 2: by Natalia (new)

Natalia | 1637 comments Hey, checking in. What do you plan on reading?

message 3: by Amanda Setasha (new)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments Hey, I'll make you off in about an hour when I get home from work!

I haven't decided yet.
I can make a google doc layout if people think it'd help. We got our 5 (7) cards in the Review Chat already too. Haven't gotten a chance to look into the details myself yet. :)

message 4: by Natalia (last edited Mar 23, 2018 04:23PM) (new)

Natalia | 1637 comments Current Categories!

5. Blue Four - 'The Blue Four' - Read books with guitars (or other musical instruments) on the cover or in the title (This list might help Guitars on Cover), or read books by author's named 'Chris', 'James', 'Patrick', or 'Rynn'. (These names can also make up part of the author's name, for example 'Christine Warren' ) (These names can be either first name or last name.)

3. Blue Two - 'blue o two' - Read books with water on the cover, or in the title (we will accept; water, sea, river, lake, pond, ocean, rain (please ask us if you have another word you would like to use)) (can also be part of a word, such as season, sealed, snowflake, driver) (This list might also help - Swimmers on the Cover)

39. Yellow Eight - 'Yellow Eight' - Read books by author's called 'Richard', books tagged as 'Richard', or with main characters called 'Richard'. (for 'Richard Wentworth') (can be first or last name, and can also be Richards or Richardson) (this shelf might help Richard Books)

32. Yellow One - 'The Yellow One' - Read books which contain the words 'smo' or 'ban' as part of their title. (for smoothie and banana respectively) (letters must appear in order, but can be part of words such as; smolder, smoke, smooth, bane, bang, band, bank, urban, husband, abandon etc.)

35. Yellow Four - 'Yellow 4' - Read books with a female main character.

21. Red Zero - 'Big Red Zero' - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'D', 'I', 'E', and 'T'. (Hint: the following words all contain the letters 'D', 'I', 'E', and 'T' - detective, deception, restricted/unrestricted, wildest, education, destiny, tide, spirited.)

7. Blue Six - 'Blue Six' - Read books based in New York (These shelves might help - New York (the state), Manhattan, New York City, New York, New York City, New York), or books with the words 'New' or 'York' in the title (can also be part of a word such as knew, newborn, or anew).

message 5: by Amanda Setasha (new)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments I'm currently reading the mortal instruments series, so I can line up the next one for Blue Six. I was gonna start City of Ashes tonight, but I can wait until April 1st.

message 6: by Amanda Setasha (new)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments How many books do we have to read for each card before we get a new one?

message 7: by Natalia (new)

Natalia | 1637 comments Amanda Setasha wrote: "How many books do we have to read for each card before we get a new one?"

I think we need to read 4 books

message 8: by Natalia (last edited Apr 20, 2018 12:34PM) (new)

Natalia | 1637 comments Those are the books I'm planning to read so far
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare BR
Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) by Stephanie Perkins BR
Deep Blue (Waterfire Saga, #1) by Jennifer Donnelly BR
Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas BR
Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Pure (Covenant, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Deity (Covenant, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Apollyon (Covenant, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Sentinel (Covenant, #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout BR
The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan BR
The Deal (Off-Campus, #1) by Elle Kennedy BR
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson BR
Forever My Girl (Beaumont #1) by Heidi McLaughlin BR
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline BR

message 9: by Amanda Setasha (new)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments When are you starting the mortal instruments? Is there a BR link already? I've read City of Bones, so I'm on City of Ashes.

message 10: by Natalia (new)

Natalia | 1637 comments The 2nd I'll start the 1st book, here is the link it you want to join I'm going to buddy read the whole series
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 11: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments oh i can i join in in the mortal instruments series read along? I have read them all but its been over 2 years since i read the last one and i longer since the others :)

message 12: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments checking in by the way i should have said that lol

message 13: by Natalia (new)

Natalia | 1637 comments Hey! Of course you can join. For me it's also a reread, but I read them over 3 years ago so I don't remember too much

message 14: by Lucky (new)

Lucky (luckyreadingreviews) | 307 comments Checking in. I’ll find books to read for this challenge

message 15: by Lucky (last edited Mar 24, 2018 05:47AM) (new)

Lucky (luckyreadingreviews) | 307 comments hey guys just we can only get five cards. so Random.org has to pick the last 2 cards due to our group getting these

"(1)**49. Blue 'Draw Two' - Get two new categories instead of one! Both categories will be from the blue cards,

(3)**52. Yellow 'Draw Two' - Get two new categories instead of one! Both categories will be from the yellow cards"

---5. Blue Four - 'The Blue Four' - Read books with guitars (or other musical instruments) on the cover or in the title (This list might help Guitars on Cover), or read books by author's named 'Chris', 'James', 'Patrick', or 'Rynn'. (These names can also make up part of the author's name, for example 'Christine Warren' ) (These names can be either first name or last name.)
---3. Blue Two - 'blue o two' - Read books with water on the cover, or in the title (we will accept; water, sea, river, lake, pond, ocean, rain (please ask us if you have another word you would like to use)) (can also be part of a word, such as season, sealed, snowflake, driver) (This list might also help - Swimmers on the Cover)

---32. Yellow One - 'The Yellow One' - Read books which contain the words 'smo' or 'ban' as part of their title. (for smoothie and banana respectively) (letters must appear in order, but can be part of words such as; smolder, smoke, smooth, bane, bang, band, bank, urban, husband, abandon etc.)
---35. Yellow Four - 'Yellow 4' - Read books with a female main character.

Random.org picked numbers 3 & 35 for our last 2 categories .

message 16: by Lucky (new)

Lucky (luckyreadingreviews) | 307 comments These are our categories

3. Blue Two - 'blue o two' - Read books with water on the cover, or in the title (we will accept; water, sea, river, lake, pond, ocean, rain (please ask us if you have another word you would like to use)) (can also be part of a word, such as season, sealed, snowflake, driver) (This list might also help - Swimmers on the Cover)

39. Yellow Eight - 'Yellow Eight' - Read books by author's called 'Richard', books tagged as 'Richard', or with main characters called 'Richard'. (for 'Richard Wentworth') (can be first or last name, and can also be Richards or Richardson) (this shelf might help Richard Books)

35. Yellow Four - 'Yellow 4' - Read books with a female main character.

21. Red Zero - 'Big Red Zero' - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'D', 'I', 'E', and 'T'. (Hint: the following words all contain the letters 'D', 'I', 'E', and 'T' - detective, deception, restricted/unrestricted, wildest, education, destiny, tide, spirited.)

7. Blue Six - 'Blue Six' - Read books based in New York (These shelves might help - New York (the state), Manhattan, New York City, New York, New York City, New York), or books with the words 'New' or 'York' in the title (can also be part of a word such as knew, newborn, or anew).

message 17: by Amanda Setasha (last edited Mar 24, 2018 07:24AM) (new)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments Lucky, Natalia already posted the current categories in post 4. :) We technically have 7 cards because of the Draw 2's.

message 18: by Natalia (new)

Natalia | 1637 comments Do you think Rick Riordan would count as Richard

message 19: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22673 comments Mod
Natalia wrote: "Do you think Rick Riordan would count as Richard"

Sorry to jump in here but that question was asked on the main challenge page and the answer is yes. :)

Lane wrote: "Sarah, does Rick Riordan work for Richard? His real name is Richard."

That will be fine ☺

If anybody wants to use a similar author whose name is really 'Richard' (for example), please link us to wikipedia/amazon/their website where their full name is stated when posting your review ☺

message 20: by Natalia (new)

Natalia | 1637 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Natalia wrote: "Do you think Rick Riordan would count as Richard"

Sorry to jump in here but that question was asked on the main challenge page and the answer is yes. :)

Lane wrote:..."

Thank you

message 21: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22673 comments Mod
Natalia wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Natalia wrote: "Do you think Rick Riordan would count as Richard"

Sorry to jump in here but that question was asked on the main challenge page and the answer is ye..."

NP. :)

message 22: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments ah that rick works well for me as i want to read percy jackson lol :)

message 23: by Siobhan (last edited Mar 24, 2018 02:17PM) (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare
The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan
The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3) by Julie Kagawa The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
These are ones i def want to read in april

message 24: by Natalia (last edited Mar 24, 2018 02:18PM) (new)

Natalia | 1637 comments @siobhan Do you want to buddy read Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

message 25: by Lucky (new)

Lucky (luckyreadingreviews) | 307 comments :) got it. Happy reading

message 26: by Amanda Setasha (new)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments We're still missing two people right?

Looks like we've got New York covered with almost everyone reading The Mortal Instruments now. xD

message 27: by Katina (new)

Katina (kate_22) | 92 comments Hey just checking in !

message 28: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments Natalia wrote: "@siobhan Do you want to buddy read Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout"
sure that woud be great :)

message 29: by Natalia (new)

Natalia | 1637 comments That's great! When are you free?

message 30: by Amanda Setasha (new)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments If you guys are going to read the whole series I'm on Deity (Covenant, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout lol.

message 31: by Amanda Setasha (new)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments Katina wrote: "Hey just checking in !"

Welcome! Marked you off :)

message 32: by Katina (new)

Katina (kate_22) | 92 comments I just read the Bane chronicles which comes after The Mortal Instruments! I also have all the books so I’m ready to read the series! I also love the tv show Shadowhunters! Can’t wait !

message 33: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments Natalia wrote: "That's great! When are you free?"

would the 1st work for you?

message 34: by Natalia (new)

Natalia | 1637 comments siobhan wrote: "Natalia wrote: "That's great! When are you free?"

would the 1st work for you?"

Yes that's great. I'll ask for a thread

message 35: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2492 comments Good Luck!

message 36: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments Amanda Setasha wrote: "If you guys are going to read the whole series I'm on Deity (Covenant, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout lol."
i can do the series if you want :)

message 37: by Natalia (new)

Natalia | 1637 comments siobhan wrote: "Amanda Setasha wrote: "If you guys are going to read the whole series I'm on Deity (Covenant, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout lol."
i can do the series if you want :)"

Me too

message 38: by Amanda Setasha (new)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments Yes please~ If you guys request the whole series then I can start the third book this month. xD

message 39: by Amanda Setasha (new)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments I'll post my entire to read list for this month when I get home from work tonight.

message 40: by Natalia (new)

Natalia | 1637 comments This is the thread, it's for the whole series

message 41: by Natalia (new)

Natalia | 1637 comments This is the thread, it's for the whole series

message 42: by Amanda Setasha (new)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare
Fire Study (Study, #3) by Maria V. Snyder Shadow Study (Soulfinders #1; Study, #4) by Maria V. Snyder
Deity (Covenant, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate
Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead
The Warrior Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima
In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3) by Alexandra Bracken
Scent of Magic (Healer, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Taste of Darkness (Healer, #3) by Maria V. Snyder

These are all the ones I had officially planned on for April. Obviously will be adding more based on cards we get.

message 43: by Jaden (new)

Jaden (determined) | 4 comments Lets Get er done

message 44: by Jaden (new)

Jaden (determined) | 4 comments No idea how this works but like ill learn eventually. Like how to communicate with my team

message 45: by Jaden (new)

Jaden (determined) | 4 comments Im a goodreads reading challenge virgin

message 46: by Amanda Setasha (new)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments Sunday I'm starting The Warrior Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima (not sure if this one counts as a category) and Tricked (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #4) by Kevin Hearne .
What about you guys?

@Jaden - welcome! :D

message 47: by Katina (new)

Katina (kate_22) | 92 comments I can't wait to start reading ! Sunday is coming guys!

Here are some of the books I plan on reading

Set In New York. (This series is set in Caldwell, New York.)
The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #12) by J.R. Ward The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #13) by J.R. Ward The Beast (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #14) by J.R. Ward The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15) by J.R. Ward
I've already read these but I know it'll help for the buddy read.
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare

Female Main Character & D, I,E, T (2nd Book)
Defiance (Defiance, #1) by C.J. Redwine Deception (Defiance, #2) by C.J. Redwine

Instrument on the cover
This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2) by Victoria Schwab

I'll edit this and put the rest on later !

message 48: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2080 comments must go book shopping tomorrow (well today seeing as its gone midnight lol. I have the mortal instruments and my other pics on a shelf by my bed ready to go :) i need to finish the books on my currently reading shelf before the challenge starts

message 49: by Lucky (last edited Mar 30, 2018 11:40PM) (new)

Lucky (luckyreadingreviews) | 307 comments Hey everybody was wondering what you guys would be reading for categories 32 & 39

3. Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1) by Anna Banks
5. Forever My Girl (Beaumont #1) by Heidi McLaughlin
7. Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward
35. Unraveled (Whiskey Sharp, #1) by Lauren Dane or The Queen's Rising by Rebecca Ross or Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate
all books I'll be reading will be based on what categories we will be given.

message 50: by Natalia (last edited Mar 30, 2018 01:32AM) (new)

Natalia | 1637 comments Most of the books I'm reading can be put in multiple categories
5. musicale instruments Forever My Girl (Beaumont #1) by Heidi McLaughlin
3. water on the cover Deep Blue (Waterfire Saga, #1) by Jennifer Donnelly
39. Richard The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan
21. D, I, E, T in title Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (We can use foreign editions right?)
7. New York City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare
35. female character Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas pretty much all of my books fit here
32. smo and ban in title - here I don't have anything planned
The rest of the books I'm reading are in message 8, I hope that I can fit them in the other categories we will be given

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.