A Man Called Ove
This topic is about A Man Called Ove
2017-2018 Season > April 2018 Discussion: "A Man Called Ove"

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shea | 196 comments Mod
Please share your thoughts.

Shea | 196 comments Mod
As much as I want to read this book I haven't even started it yet. I am not sure if I will be at discussion on Wednesday. :-(

Patty | 102 comments Mod
I just finished Ove. This is a book everyone should read and that you will want to talk about with another reader. Come, even if you haven't finished....or even begun.
It is joy to read a book that makes you feel that it speaks to you. But maybe that's not true about other readers. I can't wait to find out and talk about it.

Shea | 196 comments Mod
The majority of this book was 3 stars for me but at the end it shot up to 5 stars so overall I had to go with 4. I think Ove, as a character, will stick with me for a long time. I enjoyed how the story was told as a series of vignettes. I thought all the characters in the story were interesting and I was intrigued by their interactions with each other. I understand why the author chose to refer to characters only as Ove thought of them, however, it really bothered me that Parvaneh's oldest daughter was never named. Ove obviously would have known her name and he bonded with her over the course of the story. It was nice to see a character develop even when you think they may be too old to change.