YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Valencia (S) -Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 829 (829 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

message 1: by Jamie (last edited Mar 23, 2018 04:15PM) (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments Meaghan ✔
Clephiro ✔
Lane ✔
Asky Khaira ✔
Jamie ✔
Lakhsesis ✔

Review Thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 2: by Lane (new)

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 1286 comments Here!

message 3: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments I made a basic spreadsheet we can use (not very great but I think it will work) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/... IF anyone is good at spreadsheets, change it up or make a new one is fine. :)

message 4: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2189 comments I'm here. Jamie I can take care of spreadsheets. :) might as well use that degree in comparison sci for something

message 5: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments Hi Lane! Looks like we are on the same team here and in challenge corner!

message 6: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments Clephiro wrote: "I'm here. Jamie I can take care of spreadsheets. :) might as well use that degree in comparison sci for something"

Hi! For some reason, notifications took awhile. I did some major changes to clean up the first spreadsheet just now, but sure, if you can make it better go for it. :)

message 7: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments Checking in! Hello everyone.

message 8: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments Hi!

message 9: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments (1)**51. Red 'Draw Two' - Get two new categories instead of one! Both categories will be from the red cards, and will be chosen using random.org.
---26. Red Five - 'Red5 Photography' - Read books with either cameras or photographs on the cover (these lists might help - Camera on the cover, Polaroids) or, books whose titles contain the letters 'C' and 'P' (for 'Camera' and 'Photograph') (Hint - the words 'place', 'perfect', and 'escape' all contain the letters 'C' and 'P'.)
---22. Red One - 'RedOne' - Read books featuring rockstars/musicians (these lists might help - Epic Rockstar Stories, Fiction Involving Rock/Pop Music), or, read books written by author's with names starting with either 'N' or 'K' (can be first or last name).
(2)**49. Blue 'Draw Two' - Get two new categories instead of one! Both categories will be from the blue cards, and will be chosen using random.org.
---4. Blue Three - 'Blue Three' - Read books with the words 'star' or 'wars' in the title, or read books with stars on the cover. (letters must appear in order, but can be part of other words such as; start, stardust, or rockstar) You may also read any 'Star Wars' book (to count as a Star Wars book, the book must have 'Star Wars' either on the cover, or as part of the series name), or any book by an author named 'George' or 'Lucas' (first or last name).
---3. Blue Two - 'blue o two' - Read books with water on the cover, or in the title (we will accept; water, sea, river, lake, pond, ocean, rain (please ask us if you have another word you would like to use)) (can also be part of a word, such as season, sealed, snowflake, driver) (This list might also help - Swimmers on the Cover)
(3)**42. Green 'Skip' - 'Skip' a category/card! Gain 10 bonus points just for landing on this card, and then receive another new category/card. (Your new card will be a 'green' card.)
(4)**11. Green Zero - 'Green_ZERO' - Read books which contain the letters 'R', 'T', and 'S' in the title (for 'real-time strategy') (titles must contain all 3 letters, but can be in any order).(Examples of words which contain the letters 'R', 'T', and 'S' are; start, story, short, first, star, and disaster).
(5)**40. Yellow Nine - 'Yellow 9' - Read books whose titles contain the word 'dead' or 'man' (for 'Dead Man's Cigarettes') (letters must appear in order, but can be part of other words, such as; undead, deadly, romance, woman, talisman, manners.)
(6)**39. Yellow Eight - 'Yellow Eight' - Read books by author's called 'Richard', books tagged as 'Richard', or with main characters called 'Richard'. (for 'Richard Wentworth') (can be first or last name, and can also be Richards or Richardson) (this shelf might help Richard Books)

message 10: by Lane (new)

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 1286 comments Should we start filling in the spreadsheet? I have a couple books in mind for these categories

message 11: by Lane (new)

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 1286 comments Jamie wrote: "Hi Lane! Looks like we are on the same team here and in challenge corner!"

Awesome! We should set up some BRs to kill two birds with one stone!

message 12: by Jamie (last edited Mar 23, 2018 08:14AM) (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments So in a Nutshell:
1) Red 5: Camera or Photographs on the cover or letters C & P in the title

2) Red 1: Book features rockstars/musicians. Or authors first or last name must start with N or K.

3) Blue 3: Star or Wars in the Titles or Stars on the cover or author named George or Lucas

4) Blue 2: Water on the cover or in the Title

5) Green 0: Books contain the letters R,T, and S in the title

6)Yellow 9: Dead or Man in the title

7) Yellow 8: Author name, or character name must be Richard. Or books tagged as Richard

*Thanks to some Draw 2s we got extra cards and with a skip, we start off with points!

message 13: by Lane (new)

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 1286 comments Jamie can you grant me access to the spreadsheet? Think I sent a request through gmail!

message 14: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments I can do a LOT with Blue Three! Oddly enough I was planning to read some star wars books this month hopefully

message 15: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments Lane wrote: "Jamie can you grant me access to the spreadsheet? Think I sent a request through gmail!"

I thought I had it open. Sorry. Hold on.

message 16: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments Okay, it should be open for edits now :)

message 17: by Lane (new)

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 1286 comments Jamie wrote: "Lane wrote: "Jamie can you grant me access to the spreadsheet? Think I sent a request through gmail!"

I thought I had it open. Sorry. Hold on."

Thank you!

message 18: by Ashy Khaira (new)

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 1558 comments I am here.....good reads mobile was being a pain in the ass

message 19: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments That's such an organized spreadsheet you have created! I will add the books as soon as I give my exam tomorrow.

message 20: by Jamie (last edited Mar 23, 2018 08:56AM) (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments So books I can do for these if anyone wants to BR them

Card it fits:
1) Facing the Future Preparing for Battle (Left Behind The Kids, #4) by Jerry B. Jenkins Nicolae High The Young Trib Force Goes Back to School (Left Behind The Kids, #5) by Jerry B. Jenkins Missing Pieces (Replica, #17) by Marilyn Kaye (this last one is a backup reserve only:pending books 14-16)

2) The Beginning (Replica, #14) by Marilyn Kaye Transformation (Replica, #15) by Marilyn Kaye Happy Birthday, Dear Amy (Replica, #16) by Marilyn Kaye Moonbeam (Beam, #1) by Adrienne Woods Darkbeam (The Rubicon's Story Part 1)(The Beam Series Book 2) by Adrienne Woods The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #2) by Carolyn Keene The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #3) by Carolyn Keene

3) Dawn of the Jedi Into the Void by Tim Lebbon Lost Tribe of the Sith The Collected Stories (Star Wars Lost Tribe of the Sith) by John Jackson Miller

4) Of Sea and Stone (Secrets of Itlantis #1) by Kate Avery Ellison By Sun and Saltwater (Secrets of Itlantis #2) by Kate Avery Ellison Dark Tide (Waterfire Saga, #3) by Jennifer Donnelly Tangled Tides (The Sea Monster Memoirs, #1) by Karen Amanda Hooper

5) Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2) by Aimee Carter The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3) by Aimee Carter A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Little Pegleg the Pirate Treasure Islands (Book 1) by D. Alan Hewitt The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Hitchhiker's Guide #2) by Douglas Adams Daughter of Isis (Descendants of Isis #1) by Kelsey Ketch

6) Rise of the Governor (The Walking Dead #1) by Robert Kirkman

message 21: by Jamie (last edited Mar 23, 2018 09:08AM) (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments I reserved 5 spots for now. I can start off strong since i have good time free and, depending what is read, can do more possibly.

message 22: by Jamie (last edited Mar 23, 2018 08:57AM) (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments I got nothing for Richard (at least that I want to read right now or can easily find)

message 23: by Lane (last edited Mar 23, 2018 09:00AM) (new)

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 1286 comments Jamie wrote: "I got nothing for Richard (at least that I want to read right now or can easily find)"

Yeah I got nothing off the top of my head, but I'll look some up and see if they look interesting

message 24: by Ashy Khaira (new)

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 1558 comments I will add my books when I get home in the morning

message 25: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2189 comments Oh sorry didn't actually look at the sheet. I'll add my picks when I get home

message 26: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3626 comments Hey guys! Checking in, just got off a plane so that’s why I’m late!

message 27: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments You aren't late, lol. Hi again!

message 28: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments Alright, since it was approved, I can finially read a book for our 7th card The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan . So there is another BR possibility, in addition to the ones above.

message 29: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2189 comments Rick Riordan is counting as Richard?

message 30: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments Yes, Sarah okayed it on the official Uno thread :)

message 31: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments I was thinking of going for books of Stephen King, written under his pseudonym, Richard Bachmann. I will try to find BR for the same, today.

message 32: by Ashy Khaira (new)

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 1558 comments will add my books tonight so sorry,soo sleepy right now

message 33: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments Ashy Khaira wrote: "will add my books tonight so sorry,soo sleepy right now"

It's okay!
Also I have reserved 4 spots, I still have to confirm whether anyone is joining me for a BR or not. If no one is able to find any Richards, I will try to fill those spots too :) Depends on whether other members want to fill those spots.

message 34: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3626 comments I added two books! I have more possibilities probably but I've forgotten almost all the books on my shelf back at home since I'm on vacation now haha. (I also don't wanna claim more spots than I think I can read!)

message 35: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2189 comments I have a lot of free time so I claimed a few spots. If you want to steal any from me, just let me know! I don't want to take too many, but I can usually finish 1-3 books/day

message 36: by Jamie (last edited Mar 24, 2018 08:41AM) (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments I would say for "stealing spots" while I wouldn't officially take another's book off, if you have finished all spots you have claimed and finished another that can fit, I would say just post it. Worse come to worse the other person can put their book on the hold list for a future card. But I would say only do this if all other spots you claimed are done and there is no other open spot you can/want to take. The faster we flip card, the more opportunity and points we get so lets see how fast we can fly! *BUt I wouldn't take a spot from someone who is "currently reading" their book!) without talking to them.

message 37: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2189 comments ^^ That's my philosophy! I just got approved for an ARC of Star Touched Stories so I'm going to see if I can get it in there

message 38: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3626 comments Jamie wrote: "I would say for "stealing spots" while I wouldn't officially take another's book off, if you have finished all spots you have claimed and finished another that can fit, I would say just post it. Wo..."

Yes exactly! A solid plan :D

message 39: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments Anyone wishing to fill the Richard spot? I am willing to fill in, if no one wants to.

message 40: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2189 comments I definitely don't have any that I particularly am excited to read.

message 41: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments I have 1 but I already took several spots so if you want them take them for now. Or leave it blank for now since we will be flipping other cards too thatn might interest you more. I would only claim a spot you want to take. As long as we know it can be filled we are all good. But if you want them, take them :) It is all up to you :)

message 42: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments Jamie wrote: "I have 1 but I already took several spots so if you want them take them for now. Or leave it blank for now since we will be flipping other cards too thatn might interest you more. I would only clai..."
I guess it's better not to claim the spot first, though I have some books based on the card. Let's see what card we might get in future, as you said :D

message 43: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2493 comments Good Luck!

message 44: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments Wolf (Alpha) wrote: "Good Luck!"

Thanks!

message 45: by Jamie (last edited Mar 31, 2018 02:48PM) (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments Is everyone ready for this? We have all been super quiet....
So lets bring this challenge to life and be super readers!!!
Meanwhile, Happy Easter this weekend for those that celebrate!

message 46: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3626 comments I am so excited and ready! Have been focusing on the end of the scrabble challenge!

Happy Easter everyone!

message 47: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments I know. I was hoping to get one more in. but nope. Gotta love family drama :/ But still, March went well all things considered. Now rest and prep for tomorrow. I plan on a strong start!

message 48: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3626 comments It's already April where I live, so I may even start reading now!

message 49: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 10984 comments Go for it!

message 50: by Madao (new)

Madao (andromeda_horse) | 491 comments I thought the chat was quiet too, but now it shall be active now! I will start reading in about half an hour, since Goodreads works according to Pacific Time. Till then, I am going to continue reading Keats. Good luck to everyone! Hope our team does the best! (I also love the name of our team, it sounds so epic, I am not being biased though.)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.