YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Barcelona (S) - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 197 (197 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by ✨Skye✨ (last edited Apr 07, 2018 11:45AM) (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Hi guys!

Hannah
Rebecca
Rae
Skye
Melanie Cortez

message 2: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments I haven't planned any reads as I'm waiting for the cards to be dealt and I'll go from that. It might be an idea to organise most of our BRs within our team so try and make sure every read is a BR :)

message 3: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Our cards-

Cards:
(1)**52. Yellow 'Draw Two' - Get two new categories instead of one! Both categories will be from the yellow cards, and will be chosen using random.org.
---31. Yellow Zero - 'Mello Yello Zero' - Read books which feature the word 'sweet' in the title (can be a part of another word such as sweetness, sweetly, sweetheart, sweetest), or books shelved/tagged as 'Sweet' (this shelf might help - Popular Sweet Books), or books appearing on this list - Sweet Summer Reads 2010.
---33. Yellow Two - 'yellow 2' - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'C', 'I', and 'D' (for CID 31425) (Title must contain all 3 letters, but in any order.) (examples of words which contain 'C', 'I', and 'D' are accident, suicide, coincidence, lucid, and acid)
(2)**39. Yellow Eight - 'Yellow Eight' - Read books by author's called 'Richard', books tagged as 'Richard', or with main characters called 'Richard'. (for 'Richard Wentworth') (can be first or last name, and can also be Richards or Richardson) (this shelf might help Richard Books)
(3)**20. Green Nine - 'Acid Green 9' - Read books with something green on the cover (eg: green dress - Emerald Green (The Ruby Red Trilogy, #3) by Kerstin Gier, green trees - Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater, green apple Tear You Apart (Beau Rivage, #2) by Sarah Cross green leaf The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire, #1) by C.J. Redwine), or read books by an author with the surname 'Green' (names containing the word 'Green' are also okay, such as 'Greene', 'Greenland', 'Greenwich')
(4)**55. Wild Card - Read ANY book.
(5)**14. Green Three - 'green3apparel' - Read books which contain the letters 'E', 'C', and 'O' in the books title. (Title must contain all 3 letters, but they can be in any order.)(Hint: words which contain 'E', 'C', and 'O' are second, unbecoming, become, homecoming, recovery, reconstructing, reconnected, recoil, Chloe, exception, and close)

I will look for some options for each soon!

message 4: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments These are options I'm considering-I'll read the ones I can find buddies for as priority and if needed will read some of the others :)

Sweet- Sweet Evil (Sweet, #1) by Wendy Higgins Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler Kulti by Mariana Zapata Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1) by R.L. Mathewson

CID- Suicide Club by Rachel Heng

Richard- Watership Down (Watership Down, #1) by Richard Adams

Green- Turtles All the Way Down by John Green The Smoke Thieves (The Smoke Thieves #1) by Sally Green

ECO- Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

And we got a wildcard! Yay!

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5671 comments I will see what I can do for these categories.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5671 comments Here is what I'm going to read:

Sweet - Sweet Promises (Candle Beach Sweet Romance #3) by Nicole Ellis

CID - Cruel and Beautiful (Cruel & Beautiful, #1) by A.M. Hargrove

Richard - Marked (Soul Guardians #1) by Kim Richardson

Green - Ghost On Duty (Destiny Bay Cozy, #2) by J.D. Winters

ECO - Christmas on the Last Frontier (Last Frontier Lodge, #1) by J.H. Croix

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Checking IN.

message 8: by melanie (new)

melanie | 26 comments hey so I have a question
Does Rick Riordan count for Richard card?
I mean his name is Richard so...

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5671 comments She did say that that was okay. Since someone already asked that.

message 10: by melanie (last edited Mar 24, 2018 11:03AM) (new)

melanie | 26 comments books that I'm reading:

Sweet - The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

CID - Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, #1) by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

Richard - The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

Green - Turtles All the Way Down by John Green

ECO - The Fever Code (The Maze Runner, #0.6) by James Dashner

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5671 comments Are we going to keep some kind of spreadsheet or are we just going to wing it?

message 12: by melanie (last edited Mar 24, 2018 10:17AM) (new)

melanie | 26 comments I think we should use a spreadsheet.
I can do it

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5671 comments We will have to decide who wants to get it started up.

message 14: by melanie (last edited Mar 24, 2018 11:20AM) (new)

melanie | 26 comments and we still have to wait until Rebecca and Rae check in

message 15: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments checking in, sorry I'm late, I'm on holiday in Amsterdam

message 16: by melanie (new)

melanie | 26 comments Here's the spreadsheet, you can edit it if you want to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 17: by melanie (new)

melanie | 26 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "These are options I'm considering-I'll read the ones I can find buddies for as priority and if needed will read some of the others :)

Sweet- Sweet Evil (Sweet, #1) by Wendy Higgins[bookcover:Sweetbitter|2..."

I also wanted to read Suicide Club but then I saw that it hasn't been released yet, so I had to change it for another book.

message 18: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Hi everyone! :) Thanks for sorting a spreadsheet Melanie, I'm awful with things like that :)

message 19: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Just to add that I may not read for every category and may do more than one for a single category-I'm not the most organised but I'll read as quick as I can xD

message 20: by melanie (new)

melanie | 26 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "Just to add that I may not read for every category and may do more than one for a single category-I'm not the most organised but I'll read as quick as I can xD"

same

message 21: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Melanie Cortez wrote: "books that I'm reading:

Sweet - The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

CID - Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, #1) by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

Richard - [bookcover:The Lightning Thief|..."

I can buddy read the Hunger Games and The Fever Code.

message 22: by Jessica (new)

Jessica ✨Skye✨ wrote: "These are options I'm considering-I'll read the ones I can find buddies for as priority and if needed will read some of the others :)

Sweet- Sweet Evil (Sweet, #1) by Wendy Higgins[bookcover:Sweetbitter|2..."

I can do Watership Down with you.

message 23: by melanie (new)

melanie | 26 comments ok I’m updating the spreadsheet

message 24: by melanie (new)

melanie | 26 comments updated

message 25: by melanie (new)

melanie | 26 comments I think we should all buddy read for the wild card one so we can get more points

message 26: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Yeah, sounds good.

message 27: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Never mind on the Hunger Games. I read it for the Scrabble Challenge. Sorry.

message 28: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments So we're definitely BRing Turtles All the Way Down and Watership Down so far, right?

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5671 comments I'm changing my Richard book to The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan . Which is going to be a BR.

message 30: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2508 comments Good Luck!

message 31: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Thanks Wolf.

message 32: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Here are the books I'm going to do for our categories. These are all BR's with one of you all.
Yellow Zero – Sweet Evil (Sweet, #1) by Wendy Higgins
Yellow Two – Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, #1) by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
Yellow Eight – Watership Down (Watership Down, #1) by Richard Adams
Green Nine – Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
Wild Card – Sleeping Giants (Themis Files, #1) by Sylvain Neuvel
Green Three – The Fever Code (The Maze Runner, #0.6) by James Dashner

message 33: by Jessica (last edited Mar 26, 2018 01:10PM) (new)

Jessica @Skye when do we want to read Sweet Evil, Watership Down, and Turtles all the Way Down, and Sleeping Giants?
@Melanie when do we want to read The Fever Code and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe?

message 34: by Rae (new)

Rae Lake | 2199 comments hey all! checking in!

message 35: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Yes Rae. You're on the team!!!

message 36: by Jessica (new)

Jessica I think we have a really high chance of winning this challenge. All my books are BR's so far.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5671 comments I'm updating my list. I now have 2 BR's.

message 38: by Rae (new)

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Do you guys think author Charlie Richards will count for Richard?

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5671 comments It will count. Since Richard is in it.

message 40: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Rae wrote: "Do you guys think author Charlie Richards will count for Richard?"

Definitely

message 41: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Tomorrow is the last day!!!!

message 42: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I'm terrible at planning because I change my mind too often. I will try to find books that fit into these categories though

message 43: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Jessica wrote: "@Skye when do we want to read Sweet Evil, Watership Down, and Turtles all the Way Down, and Sleeping Giants?
@Melanie when do we want to read The Fever Code and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Sec..."

I believe I have dates set up for Turtles All the Way Down and Sleeping Giants. I need to go through all my messages to find out when though! I'm very unorganised this month, I apologise. You can choose the dates for the others :)

message 44: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Sweet Evil for the 4th?
Watership Down for the 6th?

message 45: by Jessica (new)

Jessica When we get the chance would you mind telling me when we are reading Turtles and Sleeping Giants?

message 47: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments I believe for Turtles all the Way Down it was the 7th, but a thread hasn't been requested yet, so it's flexible :)

message 48: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Jessica wrote: "Sweet Evil for the 4th?
Watership Down for the 6th?"

Both sound fine to me!

message 49: by Jessica (new)

Jessica ✨Skye✨ wrote: "I believe for Turtles all the Way Down it was the 7th, but a thread hasn't been requested yet, so it's flexible :)"

Cool reading as soon as possible.

message 50: by Jessica (new)

Jessica ✨Skye✨ wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Sweet Evil for the 4th?
Watership Down for the 6th?"

Both sound fine to me!"

I'll request them.

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.