YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Zaragoza (M) - chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 138 (138 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Natalie (last edited Apr 15, 2018 02:08PM) (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Team Zaragoza

Natalie ✔️
Faith ✔️
Carolina ✔️
Adrienne✔️
Sibil ✔️
Ryn ✔️

Reviews :https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

❤️❤️ Everyone please check in before April 1 ❤️❤️

Card 1: Red Draw Two

Card 1a: Red One
Books featuring Rock Stars​ or Musicians O​ R author names beginning with N or K

Card 1b: Red Four
Title contains all ​letters A, I and R

Card 2: Blue Four
Guitars ​or musical instruments​ on cover ​OR author names Chris, James, Patrick or Rynn

Card 3: Blue Six
Books set in New York​ OR titles with New or York

Card 4: Blue Eight
Titles ​that start with C, T or V

Card 5: Red Seven
Title ​contains ALL letters G, A, M and E

Card 6: Blue Nine
Read books with the letters 'S', 'E', and 'C' in the title

Card 7: Red Nine
Read books with the word 'Jack' in either the title or author's name.

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Cards:
(1)**51. Red 'Draw Two' - Get two new categories instead of one! Both categories will be from the red cards, and will be chosen using random.org.
---22. Red One - 'RedOne' - Read books featuring rockstars/musicians (these lists might help - Epic Rockstar Stories, Fiction Involving Rock/Pop Music), or, read books written by author's with names starting with either 'N' or 'K' (can be first or last name).
---25. Red Four - 'Red 4' - Read books which have the letters 'A', 'I', and 'R' in the title. (Title must contain all 3 letters, but in any order.) (Hint, the following words all contain 'A', 'I', and 'R', affair, billionaire, fairy, prairie, vampire, parties, and warrior.)
(2)**5. Blue Four - 'The Blue Four' - Read books with guitars (or other musical instruments) on the cover or in the title (This list might help Guitars on Cover), or read books by author's named 'Chris', 'James', 'Patrick', or 'Rynn'. (These names can also make up part of the author's name, for example 'Christine Warren' ) (These names can be either first name or last name.)
(3)**7. Blue Six - 'Blue Six' - Read books based in New York (These shelves might help - New York (the state), Manhattan, New York City, New York, New York City, New York), or books with the words 'New' or 'York' in the title (can also be part of a word such as knew, newborn, or anew).
(4)**9. Blue Eight - 'Blue8Security' - Read books which start with the letters 'C', 'T', or 'V' (for CCTV) (Books starting with The are fine.)
(5)**28. Red Seven - 'Red7' - Read books with the letters 'G', 'A', 'M', and 'E' in the title. (Title must contain all 4 letters, but in any order.) (Hint, words which contain 'G', 'A', 'M', and 'E are game (duh!), mage, champagne, Margaret, image, imagine, necromancing, and demonglass.)

message 3: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments I can read this one for blue four Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour, #1) by Olivia Cunning if that's ok with everyone
And blue six I can read this one Dash & Lily's Book of Dares (Dash & Lily, #1) by Rachel Cohn if it's ok with everyone

message 4: by Ryn (last edited Mar 23, 2018 08:58PM) (new)

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments Checking in! I have two of the Court of Thorns books to read this month which can count for Blue eights or Red Fours A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas

We need a google doc, lol

message 5: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Ryn wrote: "Checking in! I have two of the Court of Thorns books to read this month which can count for Blue eights or Red Fours A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas[bookcover:A Court of Wings and Rui..."
OK u want to make one

message 6: by Ryn (last edited Mar 24, 2018 07:15AM) (new)

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments Let me look into that :D

We have to read, what... four of each card to get rid of it?

message 7: by Ryn (new)

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments Done! Here it is :D Anyone with the link can edit it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A...

message 8: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Ok thanks I didn't know that we needed to read the topic 4 times but that shouldn't be an issue

message 9: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Just checked it out nice work ryn

message 10: by Ryn (new)

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments yeah, it was down lower in the rules

"Once 4 books have been completed for the same description, this category/card is completed, and the team will receive 10 bonus points. They will also be assigned a new category/card using random.org. "

message 11: by Natalie (last edited Mar 24, 2018 08:53AM) (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Cool must have missed that where are you from if you don't mind me asking you am from the uk

message 12: by Ryn (new)

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments USA -- central Oklahoma. Nothing to do out here but read and watch football, and I don't like sports. ;)

message 13: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry thinking of reading this

message 14: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Figueiredo (ghani_chan) | 400 comments Checking in

message 15: by Ryn (new)

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments @Natalie lol, well that's an easy fit. Actually, we can buddy read things to death on this one, and series reads by the same author will fill things up quickly too.

message 16: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Yeah if everyone puts up the books they would like to read maybe we can find buddyreads get a few extra points

message 17: by Sibil (new)

Sibil | 1623 comments I'm checking in! I'm away from home till monday evening (here now it's saturday evening) so I would put my reading later on, but I can cover every category without problems, so I can take what's more useful for you all. :)

message 18: by Ryn (new)

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments Didn't you want to read Gemina? If you can go middle to late April, I can read it with you and that will fit in either of two spots. If we can pick up a couple others from our team for it, we can knock out a whole card with it maybe.

message 19: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Ryn wrote: "Didn't you want to read Gemina? If you can go middle to late April, I can read it with you and that will fit in either of two spots. If we can pick up a couple others from our team for it, we can k..."

Never heard of that book is that it's title name

message 20: by Ryn (new)

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments For the first week of April I have so far:
American Panda by Gloria Chao One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas The Diabolic (The Diabolic, #1) by S.J. Kincaid

These are all already buddy reads, but the more that jump in from our team the faster we can knock out cards :)

message 21: by Ryn (new)

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments oh whoops... different Natalie. My bad >.< Probably just as well since I can't renew that book again and it's huge. I'll have to put it off until another time.

message 22: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Barrett (arnden) | 37 comments Hello everyone. I have tons of books I want to read, so I can wait to see what is needed after you all have chosen. I still have two books to finish for this March's challenge.

message 23: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments am going to read this on the 1st April Zom-B Gladiator by Darren Shan

message 24: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2510 comments Good Luck!

message 25: by Ryn (new)

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments Ooh... this book, guys.
Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson
Anyone want to buddy read it with me this next week? It's set in New York so it will count for one of our harder cards AND it's getting rave reviews everywhere. I'd compare it to All American Boys and After by Amy Efaw.

message 26: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Figueiredo (ghani_chan) | 400 comments Wow! I'm a little confused. I was planning to read these books this month:

Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3) by Amie Kaufman Morning Star (Red Rising, #3) by Pierce Brown Iron Gold (Red Rising, #4) by Pierce Brown Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli Ready Player One (Ready Player One, #1) by Ernest Cline Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young Dark Tempest (Red Winter Trilogy #2) by Annette Marie Immortal Fire (Red Winter Trilogy #3) by Annette Marie My Lady Jane (The Lady Janies, #1) by Cynthia Hand

I don't know which categories are already taken. I took a look in the document you shared, but I don't know what "Later date/alt:" means. Actually, I'm not used to playing Uno... ^^"

message 27: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Carolina wrote: "Wow! I'm a little confused. I was planning to read these books this month:

Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3) by Amie Kaufman Morning Star (Red Rising, #3) by Pierce Brown Iron Gold (Red Rising, #4) by Pierce Brown [bookcover:Simon vs. the Ho..."

hi when were you thinking of reading the Simon one as we could buddy read that I'm wanting to read it too

message 28: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Figueiredo (ghani_chan) | 400 comments Natalie wrote: "hi when were you thinking of reading the Simon one as we could buddy read that I'm wanting to read it too "

Hi. I was planning on reading it the first half of the month. I didn't pick the day yet. When it's best for you?

message 29: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Carolina wrote: "Natalie wrote: "hi when were you thinking of reading the Simon one as we could buddy read that I'm wanting to read it too "

Hi. I was planning on reading it the first half of the month. I didn't p..."

I was planning on reading it tomorrow maybe Monday if that works for you I'm totally up for that plus this one can be used as game there's a g in the title there's a in the title there's a m and there's a e in the title as long as all the letters are there we can use it hope that makes sense

message 30: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Figueiredo (ghani_chan) | 400 comments Natalie wrote: "I was planning on reading it tomorrow maybe Monday if that works for you I'm totally up for that plus this one can be used as game there's a g in the title there's a in the title there's a m and there's a e in the title as long as all the letters are there we can use it hope that makes sense"

That's great! No problem for me. Do you want to ask to reset the BR topic or do I do it?

message 31: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments don't worry I'll do it I'm talking to Sarah anyway

message 32: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments I've asked Sarah and she said she's going to sort it for us I'll post the link when she's done it

message 34: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Lets do this team

message 35: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Figueiredo (ghani_chan) | 400 comments Thank you! :)

message 36: by faith (new)

faith (lunaslovelies) | 780 comments hey sorry I'm late! checking in!

message 37: by faith (new)

faith (lunaslovelies) | 780 comments heyy if i'm planning to read The Sword of Summer, would it count for Red Seven (title containing G, A, M, E)? because the specific book doesn't have the letters, but the name for the whole series is "Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard."

message 38: by faith (new)

faith (lunaslovelies) | 780 comments ohhh wait nvm i just reread the rules and it said it didn't count. putting it under Blue Eight instead!

message 39: by Sibil (new)

Sibil | 1623 comments Hi girls! I won't be much present here at least until the half of the month because I'm moving and working, so I really don't have much free times on my hands, but I woyld read anyway and post the review as soon as I can. For any problems you can PM me.
I've started La vera storia del pirata Long John Silver by Björn Larsson that can count for Red4 or Red 7, and then I think I would read Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2) by Amie Kaufman that count for Red7.

message 40: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Just put my first review up for red card 4

message 41: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Second review up for red 7

message 42: by faith (new)

faith (lunaslovelies) | 780 comments go natalie!! are you planning to see the Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens agenda movie, by the way?

message 43: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments faith wrote: "go natalie!! are you planning to see the Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens agenda movie, by the way?" thanks I'm loving this challenge yeah definitely I thought that was a great book also put 420 as your page count I did that I'm going to get onto the next book soon

message 44: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Ok everyone I'm going onto my third book the perfect game but all the spots are fill on our document what do you want me to do

message 45: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Barrett (arnden) | 37 comments I started Dark Triumph today and will be done in 2-3 days. Then I will start Bury Me Standing.

message 46: by Ryn (new)

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments @Carolina
I put that in there because a lot of us plan most of our month before the month starts. Because this challenge will change constantly and the goal is to read 4 in a category and get rid of it, it's not helpful for everyone to snag slots now for books they may not get to until a couple weeks have gone by. Because we'll try to get rid of categories and then we'll get new ones, the criteria for choosing books will keep changing -- it doesn't make sense for us to wait on someone to finish a category with a book they haven't started. It's better to go ahead and use the four slots for books that have been started or are going to be started in the next day or two, so that we can knock them out quickly and get new ones.

That's probably clear as mud.

message 47: by faith (new)

faith (lunaslovelies) | 780 comments @Natalie you can take my spot for Magnus Chase, I’m probably not getting to it until later.

message 48: by faith (new)

faith (lunaslovelies) | 780 comments hey do you guys want to pass Blue Six (Books set in New York OR titles with New or York) because I feel like it will be hard to find a lot of books for that one.

@Natalie I removed one of my books under Blue Eight :)

message 49: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Sorry but I need a spot from red 7 as this one is going to be under game

message 50: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Right everyone I've just finished the perfect game and it's now up on the reviews

« previous 1 3