YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Las Palmas: (M) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 354 (354 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Melanie (last edited Mar 26, 2018 08:23AM) (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12224 comments Maica
Megan
Melanie
Heather
Amanda
Nicole

Review thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Melanie (last edited Mar 23, 2018 06:20AM) (new)

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10198 comments I’m here Melanie!

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12224 comments Hey Heather!

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10198 comments So glad we are on a team together again!

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10198 comments For planning and organizing do you think it’d be easier to use a google doc or a spreadsheet?

message 7: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12224 comments Heather wrote: "For planning and organizing do you think it’d be easier to use a google doc or a spreadsheet?"

I think a spreadsheet. I can get one together today and then share the link. :)

message 9: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12224 comments We have our first cards!! Adding to the spreadsheet.

Cards:
(1)** 51. Red 'Draw Two' - Get two new categories instead of one! Both categories will be from the red cards, and will be chosen using random.org.
---29. Red Eight - 'RedEight' - Read books which contain the word 'fin' as part of their title. (for finance) (letters must appear in order, but can be part of words such as; fine, infinity, find, finding, final, Serafina, finally, finish etc.)
---22. Red One - 'RedOne' - Read books featuring rockstars/musicians (these lists might help - Epic Rockstar Stories, Fiction Involving Rock/Pop Music), or, read books written by author's with names starting with either 'N' or 'K' (can be first or last name).
(2)**30. Red Nine - 'Red Nine' - Read books with the word 'Jack' in either the title or author's name. (for Wallace Jackson) (Words contaning the word 'Jack' can also be used, like Jackie, Jackson, jacked, jackpot, and jacket.)
(3)**35. Yellow Four - 'Yellow 4' - Read books with a female main character.
(4)**1. Blue Zero - 'Blue Zero vodka' - Read books which you got for free (for alcohol free) (Could be an amazon freebie, a library book, a gift, a review copy etc.) (no illegally free books please)
(5)**56. Wild Card - Read ANY book.

message 10: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12224 comments We got a wildcard! Do we want to have it to where those are first to finish a book can take a spot? Or are we reserving spots for wildcard?

message 11: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12224 comments I can do at least one (max three) for:
22. Red One - 'RedOne' - Read books featuring rockstars/musicians (these lists might help - Epic Rockstar Stories, Fiction Involving Rock/Pop Music), or, read books written by author's with names starting with either 'N' or 'K' (can be first or last name). The Sheriff's Christmas Twins (Smoky Mountain Matches #9) by Karen Kirst

I'd like one for both:

(3)**35. Yellow Four - 'Yellow 4' - Read books with a female main character. The Lacemaker by Laura Frantz
and
(4)**1. Blue Zero - 'Blue Zero vodka' - Read books which you got for free (for alcohol free) (Could be an amazon freebie, a library book, a gift, a review copy etc.) (no illegally free books please) Troubled Waters (Montana Rescue #4) by Susan May Warren

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5105 comments Hi everyone! )

message 13: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5105 comments I could do any of the cards, would prefer either Yellow 4 or Blue 0 but I'll see what others can do.

message 14: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10198 comments I just got on break at work and I can look at which cards we got

message 15: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10198 comments I can do any of them except red 9

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Hey so I have a BR planned for Jackaby on the 10th for red 9. I have a BR planned on the 1st for Crave which qualifies for Yellow 4 and blue zero. Basically all of my books qualify for blue 0. Yellow 4 will be easy too. I am planning a BR for Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) by Melina Marchetta on the 6th for red 8.

So I'm thinking we should try and plan books for red 8, red 1 and red 9.

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Honestly I could fill up both yellow 4 and blue 0 all by myself, so I put some books that would qualify in the spot on the spreadsheet, but if someone else reads one faster I'm fine with giving those spots up.

message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments If anyone has anything on my Netgalley, Central library used book sale, or ebook library shelf I can get all of those titles to BR.

I have a bunch of BRs planned for this month so right now I have Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) by Melina Marchetta for red 8, Jackaby (Jackaby, #1) by William Ritter for red 9 and Another Faust (The Marlowe School, #1) by Daniel Nayeri for red 1 all with BRs. The other three categories are basically freebies for whoever reads first.

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments So does anyone else have anything planned for red 1, 8 and 9? Remember we do get 4 passes. I personally can't find anything on my TBR besides what I already have for red 8 and 9. Red 1 isn't as hard.

I think for wildcard, blue 0 and yellow 4 they should be first come first serve because they're kinda easy.

Can't wait to hear back from you guys. (Obviously with my many posts) I'd like to try and coordinate BRs because then we get double points.

message 20: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12224 comments Amanda wrote: "If anyone has anything on my Netgalley, Central library used book sale, or ebook library shelf I can get all of those titles to BR.

I have a bunch of BRs planned for this month so right now I hav..."

I saw this on your to-read, but not any of those shelves you listed. Do you have it/want to read it? The Cutting Edge by Ace Collins

message 21: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments @Melanie I just checked the ebook library and it isn't there.

message 22: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12224 comments Megan, do you want to buddy read High As the Heavens by Kate Breslin this month? It would cover two spots 22. Red One - 'RedOne' - Read books featuring rockstars/musicians, or, read books written by author's with names starting with either 'N' or 'K' (can be first or last name). (author's first name is Kate)

We could also finally do the buddy read for The Child Finder by Rene Denfeld and cover two spots for 29. Red Eight - 'RedEight' - Read books which contain the word 'fin' as part of their title. (for finance).

message 23: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments @ Heather these are the books we have in common that I have access to The Stars Never Rise (The Stars Never Rise, #1) by Rachel Vincent Unremembered (Unremembered, #1) by Jessica Brody Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) by Jodi Meadows (BR already planned on the 7th) Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger (i have access to the whole series) Heist Society (Heist Society, #1) by Ally Carter The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1) by Rae Carson Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor Dune (Dune Chronicles, #1) by Frank Herbert

@Megan these are the books we have in common that I have access to False Idols (Aeon #1) by Alexis Grove The Other Side Of Gravity (Oxygen #1) by Shelly Crane Suspicion by Alexandra Monir Landry Park (Landry Park, #1) by Bethany Hagen Skylark (Skylark, #1) by Meagan Spooner Crave (The Clann, #1) by Melissa Darnell (BR on the 1st) The Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1) by Rin Chupeco Witches of East End (The Beauchamp Family, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz Wondrous Strange (Wonderous Strange, #1) by Lesley Livingston Lament The Faerie Queen's Deception (Books of Faerie, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) by Jodi Meadows The Luxe (Luxe, #1) by Anna Godbersen All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus
(BR on the 3rd)

@Melanie here is what we have in common: Queen of Hearts The Crown (Queen of Hearts Saga, #1) by Colleen Oakes Atlantia by Ally Condie One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus (BR on the 3rd) Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1) by Rosamund Hodge These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman (red 1) Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (BR on the 18th) Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard Paper Towns by John Green

@everyone does anyone want to read something off of instafreebie if we could find something that fits the harder cards? Unless these books fit one of our current cards, then the above lists are mostly for reference and we can plan a BR when we get cards that fit if you also have access to the books I do.

message 24: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5105 comments Melanie wrote: "Megan, do you want to buddy read High As the Heavens by Kate Breslin this month? It would cover two spots 22. Red One - 'RedOne' - Read books featuring rockstars/musicians, or, read books writ..."

Yes, I can BR both of those with you. What dates? I'd like to do Child Finder first, but any date is okay.

message 25: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments These are some titles that are free and I'm interested in on instafreebie and fit for red 1 8 or 9

Red1
Tune My Heart by K.R. Reese The Drogue (The Tréaltha Series, #1) by M.A. Nichols

Red 8
The Finder of the Lucky Devil by Megan Mackie

message 26: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5105 comments Amanda wrote: "@ Heather these are the books we have in common that I have access to The Stars Never Rise (The Stars Never Rise, #1) by Rachel VincentUnremembered (Unremembered, #1) by Jessica BrodyIncarnate (Newsoul, #1) by Jodi Meadows(BR already planned on th..."
The only book I own out of those is All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda , we can BR that one if you'd like. Let me know when you are thinking of starting.

message 27: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5105 comments Any book on my t-r or Kindle Freebie shelves I could BR.

message 28: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Also for red 1: Julie Kagawa--second book in Iron King series
Teardrop (Teardrop, #1) by Lauren Kate The Diabolic (The Diabolic, #1) by S.J. Kincaid Enchanted (Woodcutter Sisters #1; Books of Arilland #1) by Alethea Kontis Born Blue by Han Nolan

message 29: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5105 comments Melanie, I see you have Worth the Wait (Waltham Academy, #1) by Laura Jackson on your shelves, do you want to BR it? It'd work for Red 9.

message 30: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12224 comments Megan wrote: "Melanie, I see you have Worth the Wait (Waltham Academy, #1) by Laura Jackson on your shelves, do you want to BR it? It'd work for Red 9."

Sure! Want to plan it for the 1st day of April?

message 31: by Melanie (last edited Mar 23, 2018 08:34PM) (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12224 comments Megan wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Megan, do you want to buddy read High As the Heavens by Kate Breslin this month? It would cover two spots 22. Red One - 'RedOne' - Read books featuring rockstars/musicians, or,..."

How about Child Finder for the 2nd and High as the Heavens for the 4th?

message 32: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12224 comments @Amanda, unfortunately none of those work for me for April. :(

message 33: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments Hello! :D This is my first time joining a medium team. I'm pumped

message 34: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10198 comments I can read Stalking Jack the Ripper and it’s a library book I have on hold

message 35: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10198 comments It won’t let me add my stuff to the spreadsheet

message 36: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments Here are the books that I plan to read that fit the cards we got

The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis for Yellow 4
Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) by Melina Marchetta for Red 8
Ballad for a Mad Girl by Vikki Wakefield for Blue 0

message 37: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments Amanda wrote: "If anyone has anything on my Netgalley, Central library used book sale, or ebook library shelf I can get all of those titles to BR.

I have a bunch of BRs planned for this month so right now I hav..."

I'll be buddy reading Finnikin of the Rock with you! ^^

message 38: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10198 comments Let me go look and see what all buddy reads have already been planned and I will make a list of the ones I’m joining. I know I’m planning to read Strange the Dreamer on the 15th

message 39: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12224 comments Heather wrote: "It won’t let me add my stuff to the spreadsheet"
That's odd. I have it open....

message 40: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12224 comments Heather wrote: "I can read Stalking Jack the Ripper and it’s a library book I have on hold"

Added tothe sheet.

message 41: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10198 comments Have you added me to be able to edit it?

message 42: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12224 comments Heather, I shouldn't have to. Just click the link and you should be able to edit. I have it open.

message 43: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments @Melanie I had to go to a computer to add things.

@Maica yay that's 2 for the 'fin' card with BR. I've also been wanting to read Stalking Jack the Ripper.

I also have The Unbinding of Mary Reade by Miriam McNamara and Scarborough Fair (Scarborough Fair, #1) by Margarita Morris i think those were on you're tbr melanie. Maybe later in the month for another card.

For yellow 4 blue 0 and wildcard even tho i reserved some spots I feel they should be first come first serve since they're so easy. I am so psyched that we have things planned. Almost all my books I got for free so blue zero won't be hard either.

message 44: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments @Macia these are the titles we have in common that I have access to for reference later this month. Queen of Hearts The Crown (Queen of Hearts Saga, #1) by Colleen Oakes The Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1) by Rin Chupeco The Diabolic (The Diabolic, #1) by S.J. Kincaid Wondrous Strange (Wonderous Strange, #1) by Lesley Livingston Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor (BR 4/15) These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

message 45: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5105 comments Amanda wrote: "I also have The Unbinding of Mary Reade by Miriam McNamara and Scarborough Fair (Scarborough Fair, #1) by Margarita Morris i think those were on you're tbr melanie. Maybe later in the month for another card."

I have Scarborough Fair (Scarborough Fair, #1) by Margarita Morris on my shelf and could BR it.

message 46: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Okay well right now are cards are pretty much filled up. Do you want to wait to plan it until we know what our next cards are?

message 47: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10198 comments For the last spot on Blue Zero I will read Recovery Road by Blake Nelson

message 48: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments Amanda wrote: "@Macia these are the titles we have in common that I have access to for reference later this month. Queen of Hearts The Crown (Queen of Hearts Saga, #1) by Colleen OakesThe Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1) by Rin Chupeco[bookco..."

I've been wanting to read [bookcover:Grave Mercy|9565548] for a while now. Would you like to BR it with me?

message 49: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments @Macia yes! Lets plan it when we get new cards because right now they're all kind of full.

So when we get new cards someone in the group can read the following books with me Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers Scarborough Fair (Scarborough Fair, #1) by Margarita Morris All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda

message 50: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments @Amanda great! Sounds like a plan. I may also join you for All The Missing Girls :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.