YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Seville (S) - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,361 (1361 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 27 28

message 1: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Apr 15, 2018 03:24PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22673 comments Mod
Team Seville:
Bookbuyer ✔
Felicia ✔
Karen ✔
Natalie ✔
María ✔
Sharon ✔
Alaina (shadow player) :P ✔

Team Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

SS: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (esaria) | 4306 comments Checking in!

...okay, so I was meant to be sleeping but I couldn’t resist checking Goodreads one last time XD

Also, I’ve put together a spreadsheet for the team to use to keep track of everything and have a whole bunch of formulas ready to calculate things if needed. Can link t to people tomorrow c:

Natalie wrote: "Checking in!

...okay, so I was meant to be sleeping but I couldn’t resist checking Goodreads one last time XD

Also, I’ve put together a spreadsheet for the team to use to keep track of everythin..."

Awesome! I can add it to the first post when you post it. ^-^

I'm going to eat so I won't be here to check anyone in for about 30 min. ^-^

message 5: by Felicia (new)

Felicia YAY! Go team! Where are the team names from this month?

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14078 comments Felicia wrote: "YAY! Go team! Where are the team names from this month?"

They might be cities?? I have no idea the only one I recognize is Alicante

Felicia wrote: "YAY! Go team! Where are the team names from this month?"

I think somewhere in Italy. I saw Barcelona. :)

message 8: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Mar 23, 2018 06:21AM) (new)

Sorry. Spain. I am really bad at geography. :S

message 9: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Mar 23, 2018 06:41AM) (new)

Amazingly I'm the fastest reader in the team. O.o I don't think I've been at the top in a long time. :P

message 10: by Felicia (last edited Mar 23, 2018 06:41AM) (new)

Felicia I'm super excited for this one! I think a lot of what I'm going to read is probably going to be on KU. Because I think it'll be easiest to find books that will match whatever categories we get. I don't want to have to go out and buy books just for the challenge.

I'm gonna be throwing a ton of BRs at Alaina next month. :P

message 11: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Felicia wrote: "I'm super excited for this one! I think a lot of what I'm going to read is probably going to be on KU. Because I think it'll be easiest to find books that will match whatever categories we get. I d..."

That works for me. Anything to get a fast turnover. ^-^

message 12: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

We have cards!!!!

Cards:
(1)** 52. Yellow 'Draw Two' - Get two new categories instead of one! Both categories will be from the yellow cards, and will be chosen using random.org.
--- 37. Yellow Six - 'Yellow 6 Design' - Read books whose titles contain items of furniture, we will accept 'table', 'chair', 'bed', 'wardrobe', 'mirror', 'cabinet' or 'cupboard'. (letters must appear in order, but can be part of other words, such as; climbed, prescribed, obedient, unsuitable, unforgettable, unpredictable, inevitable.)(this list might help - Furniture In The Title) or, read books with items of furniture on the cover.
--- 33. Yellow Two - 'yellow 2' - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'C', 'I', and 'D' (for CID 31425) (Title must contain all 3 letters, but in any order.) (examples of words which contain 'C', 'I', and 'D' are accident, suicide, coincidence, lucid, and acid)
(2)** 25. Red Four - 'Red 4' - Read books which have the letters 'A', 'I', and 'R' in the title. (Title must contain all 3 letters, but in any order.) (Hint, the following words all contain 'A', 'I', and 'R', affair, billionaire, fairy, prairie, vampire, parties, and warrior.)
(3)** 53. Wild Card - Read ANY book.
(4)** 59. Wild Draw Four - Get four new categories/cards instead of one! (And, one of these categories/cards is guaranteed to be a Wild Card!)
---53. Wild Card - Read ANY book.
---17. Green Six - 'Green Six Oak Mall' - Read books which have the word 'Mall' in either the title or the author's name. ('Mall' can also be part of another word, like 'small' or 'Mallory')
---56. Wild Card - Read ANY book.
---34. Yellow Three - ' yellow three-wheeler' - Read books whose titles contain the words 'only' or 'and' (for 'Only Fools and Horses')(letters must appear in order, but can be part of other words such as; Island, hand, incandescent, land, scandal etc.)
(5)** 9. Blue Eight - 'Blue8Security' - Read books which start with the letters 'C', 'T', or 'V' (for CCTV) (Books starting with The are fine.)

message 13: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

We got some awesome ones!!!!

message 14: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Mar 23, 2018 06:54AM) (new)

Here is the more condensed version. I'll add it to the first post in a sec.

37. Yellow Six - 'Yellow 6 Design' - Read books whose titles contain items of furniture, we will accept 'table', 'chair', 'bed', 'wardrobe', 'mirror', 'cabinet' or 'cupboard'. or, read books with items of furniture on the cover.

33. Yellow Two - 'yellow 2' - Read books whose titles contain the letters 'C', 'I', and 'D' (for CID 31425) (Title must contain all 3 letters, but in any order.)

25. Red Four - 'Red 4' - Read books which have the letters 'A', 'I', and 'R' in the title. (Title must contain all 3 letters, but in any order.)

53. Wild Card - Read ANY book.

53. Wild Card - Read ANY book.

17. Green Six - 'Green Six Oak Mall' - Read books which have the word 'Mall' in either the title or the author's name. ('Mall' can also be part of another word, like 'small' or 'Mallory')

56. Wild Card - Read ANY book.

34. Yellow Three - ' yellow three-wheeler' - Read books whose titles contain the words 'only' or 'and' (for 'Only Fools and Horses')(letters must appear in order.

9. Blue Eight - 'Blue8Security' - Read books which start with the letters 'C', 'T', or 'V' (for CCTV) (Books starting with The are fine.)

message 15: by Felicia (new)

Felicia OMG! How exciting! We have to read how many books from each category before getting new cards again?

message 16: by Felicia (new)

Felicia How in the world are we going to keep track of all this? A ss probably won't work.

message 17: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Felicia wrote: "OMG! How exciting! We have to read how many books from each category before getting new cards again?"

I think 4. I can post the rules here in a sec. A progress thread might work. I can create one to start with and then delete it later if we find a better solution. ^-^

message 18: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Once 4 books have been completed for the same description, this category/card is completed, and the team will receive 10 bonus points. They will also be assigned a new category/card using random.org. (As categories are picked using random.org, teams may be assigned the same category/card more than once during the challenge.)

message 20: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

So I have 2 BRs planned and another almost planned. I'm also now going to find some BRs for books I want to read in April since we have so many Wild Cards. :)

message 21: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Holy cow. Four! I think I knew that subconsiously since reading the rules last week. But damn. Lol.

Okay, I'll look into some books and see which categories we have that I can contribute to.

message 22: by Felicia (new)

Felicia That's a good progress thread! I like it. :D

message 23: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Maybe we could do a ss? And just make the ss look like you did on the progress thread. And then we can do like we did this month where we have everyone fill in the space that they're working towards and then mark it finished when they're done?

message 24: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Felicia wrote: "Holy cow. Four! I think I knew that subconsiously since reading the rules last week. But damn. Lol.

Okay, I'll look into some books and see which categories we have that I can contribute to."

The happy news is that that is 4 wildcards slots for each wild card we get so I think we have 12 books for wildcards available!

message 25: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Felicia wrote: "That's a good progress thread! I like it. :D"

Thanks. ^-^

message 26: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Too bad you can't let others edit it though. That's the biggest issue. :/

message 27: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Felicia wrote: "Maybe we could do a ss? And just make the ss look like you did on the progress thread. And then we can do like we did this month where we have everyone fill in the space that they're working toward..."

Sure. I'm horrible with technology though and Natalie said something in the first post about having made a spreadsheet so let's wait till we see her's and see if it works for us. ^-^

message 28: by Felicia (new)

Felicia I didn't even see her comment in my excitedness when commenting to check in! Lmfao. -.-

Hopefully it works! I'm super excited! :D

message 29: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Felicia wrote: "I didn't even see her comment in my excitedness when commenting to check in! Lmfao. -.-

Hopefully it works! I'm super excited! :D"

Me too! Messaging people I am for sure doing BR's with from CC and then finding a buttload of BR's in wanted BRs. ^-^

message 30: by Felicia (new)

Felicia You don't read on a Kindle do you? I forget what you say you read on. Would we be able to BR anything? Then we can kill two birds with one stone if we do lots of BRs.

message 31: by Felicia (new)

Felicia I suppose now would be the best time to organize my TBR list into actual categories. Lol.

message 32: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Felicia wrote: "You don't read on a Kindle do you? I forget what you say you read on. Would we be able to BR anything? Then we can kill two birds with one stone if we do lots of BRs."

No sadly. I have a Kobo. I've been considering switching to a Kindle though. :)

message 33: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

I'm focusing on the Wildcard slots for now since I'm still figuring out my BRs and we might get another Wildcard once we complete one. :)

message 34: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Okay, I'm gonna be gone for a bit while I organize my TBR to KU books. Then I can try some planning. (:

message 35: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Felicia wrote: "Okay, I'm gonna be gone for a bit while I organize my TBR to KU books. Then I can try some planning. (:"

KK. Doing the same. Will probably take me like another 2 hours. lol.

message 36: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10074 comments Signed in. Will properly check thread and categories when not on mobile. Like Natalie, I got a spreadsheet ready do reckon we should kill monitoring this! Speak later x

message 37: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Karen wrote: "Signed in. Will properly check thread and categories when not on mobile. Like Natalie, I got a spreadsheet ready do reckon we should kill monitoring this! Speak later x"

KK. ^_^

message 38: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Yay! More people who are better technologically advanced than me and Book! :D Hahaha.

message 39: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Felicia wrote: "Yay! More people who are better technologically advanced than me and Book! :D Hahaha."

IKR! So happy! ^-^

Getting close to refining my list. Should have a proper shelf to post within the hour. ^-^

message 40: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Me too! :D

message 41: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9753 comments Checking in!

message 42: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Sharon wrote: "Checking in!"

Hi Sharon! ^-^

message 43: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Just need Maria and we are all checked in! ^-^

message 44: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Oh Sharon! You'd read smutty books with me too right?! I think we have in the past. :D

message 45: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Okay Book. this is what I got so far. Just from books that were on my TBR that are on KU. So I can read anytime. :D

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 46: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9753 comments Yup. I did the first 3 books of the Kit Davenport series with you.

message 47: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Oh yes! Right! I cannot wait for the next one! Haha. :D

I'm gonna see if any of the books I already have fit any categories.

message 48: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Mar 23, 2018 08:35AM) (new)

If I can find a copy I can do Red Winter, The Vanishing Girl and First Year.

And I can definitely do Trickery since I bought a copy about a month ago. ^-^

message 49: by Felicia (new)

Felicia I've been meaning to start Red Winter forever now. And I really want to read Vanishing Girl. But Laura doens't plan on putting the next book out for quite some time so I don't know if I'd do that one. I'm already waiting on her Dark Harmony and now the next book after Pestilence. D:

message 50: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Do you have anything like KU on whatever you read on?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 27 28
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.