YA Book Addicts discussion

Discussions & Debates > TID vs TMI

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Jordyn | 2757 comments Mod
TID!! I love how there are fewer main characters than TMI. Tessa, Jem, and Will's relationship is 1000 times better than any relationship in TMI. They are more mature and the romance is more about friendship and not being able to survive without the other.

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl L | 40 comments TID all the way!!! Sure, I like the mortal instruments, such as the characters like Isabelle, jace, Simon and magnus. However, the main character was clary and I felt she wasn't very mature or helpful. I also didn't like city of fallen angels and city of lost souls, because I felt the plot was kind of similar. Whereas for TID, I loved all the characters: will, tessa, jem, Henry, Cecily, Charlotte, etc. And the plot was amazing too.

message 3: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

I agree! Yes Clary was immature and not as great of a hero as Tessa. TID'd plot was 1000 times better. But I still love TMI. Although I enjoyed the characters I feel TID's characters were more connected

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

TID it was better because of the character and story but mainly will:)

message 5: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (forebodinq) I love both series, but I think I enjoyed The Infernal Devices more. Maybe because I preferred the setting and the main characters. Also, Will.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah Will is good

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) TMI by a hairsplitting because it made me love reading and I read it first

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow that's great

message 9: by BriboSwaggins (new)

BriboSwaggins :) | 49 comments I love both of them... but if I had to choose I'd choose The Infernal Devices, personally, because I liked the personality's better.

message 10: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

BriboSwaggins wrote: "I love both of them... but if I had to choose I'd choose The Infernal Devices, personally, because I liked the personality's better."

Yeah the personalities are way better. They are just better people and love better than TMI characters. Like they love eachother strongly but smartly like if that makes sense? Like in TMI they are the young and stupidly in love but TID they love for reason

message 11: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments Hmm...I love them both so much. But they're so different. I guess I'll have to go with TID even though I have really strong attachments to the characters in TMI and they're what got me into the Shadowhunter world.