YA Book Addicts discussion

Discussions & Debates > Books That SHOULD Be Movies

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Jordyn | 2757 comments Mod
I need The Infernal Devices series to be movies!!

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire I would love that! :)

I can't wait to see what happens with the Chaos Walking series adaptation and The Monstrumologist series adaptation!

I'm really looking forward to The Maze Runner.

message 3: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 86 comments The Infernal Devices. I can also imagine it as a television show...
I'm really looking forward to the Paper Towns movie because TFiOS was fantastic.

I can see Throne of Glass and Legend being awesome film as well, given a good cast and crew. And despite the complaints of other people, I thought Vampire Academy wasn't bad.

message 4: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Oh yeah The Infernal Devices as a TV show would be great!! TFIOS was beyond amazing.

I'm excited for Maze Runner because of Dylan Obrien!!!(:

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire Jordyn wrote: "Oh yeah The Infernal Devices as a TV show would be great!! TFIOS was beyond amazing.

I'm excited for Maze Runner because of Dylan Obrien!!!(:"

He is very good isn't he! :)

message 6: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

VERY! Do you watch teen wolf??

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire Yes, I do. I've just recently watched the season 3 part 1 dvds. I've got myself on hold for part 2 at the library. :)

message 8: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Cool-It's such a thrilling show! Season 4 is already intense(:

message 9: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Book Nerd (bwm721) I would love The Way We Fall as a movie! Heartbreaking and motiving, it contains a story that will bound to make you never forget it.

These Violent Delights (Robin) Here's a list of movies coming out in the next few years:

2015 releases:
Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins (pt 2) Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater Arclight (Arclight, #1) by Josin L. McQuein The Testing (The Testing, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, #1) by Seth Grahame-Smith Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James (won't be seeing it but thought I'd put it here)

2016 releases:
Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth (pt 1)

Adaptations without a set release date:

Firelight (Firelight, #1) by Sophie Jordan Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor Magyk (Septimus Heap, #1) by Angie Sage A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time, #1) by Robert Jordan Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) by Moira Young The Looking Glass Wars (The Looking Glass Wars, #1) by Frank Beddor Wake (Dream Catcher, #1) by Lisa McMann Wings (Wings, #1) by Aprilynne Pike Cleopatra A Life by Stacy Schiff Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo The Iron Trial (Magisterium, #1) by Cassandra Clare The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher Monument 14 (Monument 14, #1) by Emmy Laybourne Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano Talon (Talon, #1) by Julie Kagawa The Sword of Shannara (The Original Shannara Trilogy #1) by Terry Brooks Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore Paper Towns by John Green Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman Need (Need, #1) by Carrie Jones Airborn (Matt Cruse, #1) by Kenneth Oppel The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern This Dark Endeavor (The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein, #1) by Kenneth Oppel Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa Marked (House of Night, #1) by P.C. Cast Fated (Soul Seekers, #1) by Alyson Noel The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1) by Jennifer A. Nielsen Article 5 (Article 5, #1) by Kristen Simmons Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Switched (Trylle, #1) by Amanda Hocking Reboot (Reboot, #1) by Amy Tintera Pulse (Pulse, #1) by Patrick Carman Reaper by L.S. Murphy The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey Ashes, Ashes (Ashes, Ashes, #1) by Jo Treggiari The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken Eve & Adam (Eve & Adam, #1) by Michael Grant Partials (The Partials Sequence, #1) by Dan Wells Starters (Starters, #1) by Lissa Price

message 11: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

electra | 623 comments Mod
omg! daughter of smoke and bone is being adapted into a movie?

also, I've heard before that eleanor & park is getting its own movie adaption! I haven't read it yet, but I'm kind of excited for that. to the ones who've read it, who do you think should be cast as the main characters?

message 12: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Robin wrote: "Here's a list of movies coming out in the next few years:

2015 releases:
Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen HouckFallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren KateInsurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica RothMockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins(pt ..."

WOW THIS IS GREAT!! THANKS!

message 13: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 86 comments Robin, thank you so much for the list! :)
I've heard that they filmed a TV adaptation of Delirium, but I don't know how that will turn out...

As for E&P, I heard of the movie, but I'm really nervous. I feel like the cast and crew have to be perfect to pull it off well :/

message 14: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (last edited Jul 25, 2014 10:18AM) (new)

Connie wrote: "Robin, thank you so much for the list! :)
I've heard that they filmed a TV adaptation of Delirium, but I don't know how that will turn out...

As for E&P, I heard of the movie, but I'm really nerv..."

Well, I heard Rainbow Rowell herself is writing the script, so I guess it won't be as horrible as book-to-movie adaptions can be. But I'm only speculating. I need to actually read the book soon.

These Violent Delights (Robin) @Jordyn and Connie, you're very welcome. I like to keep track of things haha. I'm a very organized person.

message 16: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Robin- (: Haha that's good to know!

message 17: by Loren (new)

Loren | 38 comments @derm- what is Eleanor and park about??

message 18: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (new)

DeRmUtRoLiNiAwP-{Excuse me while I kiss the sky} wrote: "Loren wrote: "@derm- what is Eleanor and park about??"

Young love in the 1980s. It's really good, but they better pick the right actors lol"

I remember reading a Teen Vogue article on their website about the E&P movie adaption, and although there's no official casting, a lot of people in the comments thought that Lorde and her boyfriend would be good for the role. It would certainly be interesting...

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Legend