Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Looking for a long term critique partner

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenni (new)

Jenni Lynn | 63 comments I have 2 current wip, both are a form of romance. Contemporary and romantic suspense to be exact. I would love to swap with someone who writes in my genre. No Sci-Fi or Horror, but erotic would be okay. Blurb for one of them:
If you were dying—nothing could save you… nothing. Would you make the ultimate sacrifice for love? Would you choose to take your death into your own hands and use it to help someone else? Someone who meant the world to you? Because that’s what August Double did. What he’d do again in a heartbeat… if he had any beats left.

Is it possible to love two people at the same time? Camille Young has loved and lost twice, but she couldn’t imagine loving one less than the other. Starting college in a new town, away from her family was tough, but what was worse was when the man she was falling for was shipped off to war. Thank goodness she had friends there to support her. Especially her roommates step- brother, August.

Jackson Hopewell met the most beautiful and sincerely selfless person he’d ever come across. But the timing was off, because the Army reserves and the tragedy of war ripped him from her life. Being stranded in the sand for ten months wasn’t exactly the life he dreamed of when he started college. It was scary, it was dangerous, and he felt completely alone. Then the letters started arriving. He thanked the heavens above for each and every word he received from her. Those letters kept him alive, kept him going, and made him fall in love with her. Every day, every letter was one step closer to her… until the day the sky went dark.

An emotional standalone about three people who learned how love can break your heart, and how love can make you whole.

message 2: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Retana | 17 comments Hi there, I have a 54,000 word YA project if you’d like to swap.

It’s a story of a 16 year old girl having a first encounter with adult emotions and problems, and going through an existential crisis, figuring out when it’s best and how to be alone. . She experiences several betrayals that leave her vulnerable. She then falls in love for the first time and finds herself finally part of a group via her boyfriend, but also in the middle of a relationship with a narcissist, which pecks away at her core and drives her into a depression, an overwhelming and all too adult experience. She does find strength to leave, but is pulled back in because she can't stand the idea of being alone without a crowd. She then subjects herself to emotional "masochistic" torture, denial, dependence - all for the sake of not being alone. slowly she comes around, and when the final betrayal happens, she is ready to move on - strong and on her own.

message 3: by Tinthia (new)

Tinthia | 18 comments I'm up for a swap as well. My WIP is a contemporary romantic women's fiction novel where the MC's journey is the primary focus of the book. It will be about 100,00 words. I'm looking for someone who'd like to do weekly conversations about our work, bounce ideas, etc. I'd like to find a mate with a similar writing style and I'm open to most genres, except for erotica.

message 4: by Jenni (new)

Jenni Lynn | 63 comments I actually already found a critique partner. Thanks for the response.

message 5: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Retana | 17 comments Tinthia, we can swap :)