What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/Teen series about a group of sick kids and teens living together in a hospice in Portland

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jay (new)

Jay (charmedgeek) | 15 comments Read these when I was young and now trying to find them for my daughter, Google isn't helping!
The hospice was called Hope House and each book in the series centered around a different patient starting their treatment, meeting the other kids and the staff etc. The kids had conditions like cystic fibrosis and cancer. That's about all I can remember, hope someone can help me out with a title!

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4130 comments Goodbye, Best Friend by Cherie Bennett? It doesn't appear to be part of series, though.

Around what year you read them?

message 3: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4130 comments The same author has also "Hope Hospital" series books: https://www.goodreads.com/series/2297...

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Rosenberger (sarahatothek) | 37 comments Hi, I think you're looking for the Hope House series by Elizabeth Benning. The different titles are all on her author page.

message 5: by Jay (new)

Jay (charmedgeek) | 15 comments You're all stars! Yes, I remember now that this wasn't a series as such but more like the old Point Horror books in that there were recurring themes, some crossover characters but written by a mixture of authors. There's definitely some familiar books on those lists - thanks!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33304 comments Mod
Glad you found your books, Jay. Just to confirm, which author and series is yours?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Jay?