What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. boy reads journal of disturbed elderly woman who keeps ventriloquist dummy as a child

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theodosia (new)

Theodosia Schutz | 1 comments I read the book in middle school, so it is either a young adult or for teen/preteens. The book starts out with this boy who sneaks over his this chick's mansion (she lives with her great aunt or grandmother I think) and the woman comes back unexpectedly. The boy ends up finding the disturbed woman's journal about when she was a child and had to work in a morgue. I believe her uncle was mentally handicapped and died one day when people at the bar gave him too many jell-o shots (he'd sing this "Hello, I'm Mr.Jell-o" song). She kept this little ventriloquist dummy as a child, dressing him up in really nice clothing everyday and even having these banquets for him. The boy ends up breaking the dummy and the woman is completely crushed.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6981 comments Mod
How long ago were you in middle school Theodosia? Do you have any memory of the cover? Where was the book set? When was the book set?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
Theodosia, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Theodosia, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.