YA Book Addicts discussion

All About You > What Music Do You Like?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 119 (119 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Jordyn | 2757 comments Mod
I'm a alternative/rock loving person. My favorite bands are Paramore and Of mice and men! I also adore Demi Lovato and Lea Michele(:

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire I also enjoy alternative/rock. I also have a soft spot for big band music, western swing, and bluegrass.

message 3: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Who are your favorite bands??

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire Jordyn wrote: "Who are your favorite bands??"

For Western Swing I can't get enough of Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys; Bluegrass - New Grass Revival, Alison Kraus, Bill Monroe, Reno & Smiley, Jim & Jesse, and Rhonda Vincent; Alternative/Rock - Kate Rusby, The Civil Wars, Mumford & Sons, KONGOS, Bastille, Alex Clare, Avicii, Fitz and the Tantrums, Florence Welch, Imagine Dragons, Muse, Of Monsters and Men, Panic! at the Disco, Blue Oyster Cult, The Allman Brothers Band, Paolo Nutini, The Wallflowers, Ed Sheeran, and Buddy Holly; Big Band - Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Harry James, Jo Stafford, Vic Damone, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Perry Como. I could go on and on! :)

message 5: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Hahaha I love your taste in bands! Well the alternative ones(:
I love P!ATD, of monsters and men, imagine dragons, and ed sheeran!!! And almost your whole list actually haha
Do you like paramore??

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire Jordyn wrote: "Hahaha I love your taste in bands! Well the alternative ones(:
I love P!ATD, of monsters and men, imagine dragons, and ed sheeran!!! And almost your whole list actually haha
Do you like paramore??"

I have eclectic taste in music - if someone were to pick up my iPod and look through it they'd probably think I was some kind of lunatic! :)

I haven't listened to Paramore all that much, but from what I've heard I like.

message 7: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Hahaha I get that. Me too!

Paramore is awesome. You should listen to them more(:

message 8: by Dawyn.S. (new)

Dawyn.S. Hunter (siotamalifagoodreadscom) | 34 comments i like mainly everything so whatever comes to my ears if pretty fine,though my favourites: mariah acrey,coldplay,Birdy,John Mayer,randy travis, imagine dragon,though yeah just abit of rap,soul,country,indi and rock is all i need to carry on with life

message 9: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Coldplay is one of my all time favorites!! I could listen to them all day.

message 10: by Dawyn.S. (new)

Dawyn.S. Hunter (siotamalifagoodreadscom) | 34 comments yeah im like siniging yellow, and everyone is like "whats yeallow,yellow what"
but yeah chris martin awesome singer:)

message 11: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Hahaha!
Chris Martin is amazing. And I got a thing for British people (;

message 12: by Dawyn.S. (new)

Dawyn.S. Hunter (siotamalifagoodreadscom) | 34 comments SAAAME!!! thats really funny but yeah alot of the time i speak with one ,you know to get the hang of it

message 13: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Haha!! :D I need to go to London and pick up the accent because I adore it
I also love Australian people(;

message 14: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Book Nerd (bwm721) Please don't judge me but I like pop songs. Well, most of the songs i listen to for the first time I like, but I have never listened to the bands/songs you guys talk about, so I'll check it out.

message 15: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Brandon- Haha no judgement! But yeah you should check some of the bands out(:

message 16: by electra, Champion of the Challenges (last edited Jul 25, 2014 07:07AM) (new)

electra | 623 comments Mod
I recently got into Coldplay and Paramore, but my all-time favorite artists would be Marina and the Diamonds, Lorde, Kesha, Taylor Swift, Ellie Goulding, Florence and the Machine, Haim, etc. I'm more of an indie pop/pop kind of girl, but I also enjoy music with rock elements in it, or anything that pleases my ears.

message 17: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

YAY Coldplay and Paramore!! They're the best(: I also like Ellie Goulding(Her voice is beautiful!) and Taylor Swift.

message 18: by Christina (new)

Christina Gizzi | 915 comments I like basically everything, but don't judge me on this, I listen to mainly show times which are songs from musicals. I find them to have a deeper story and different range of sound.

message 19: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

SAME Christina! I adore theater music and drama(: what musicals do you like? Les Mis and Wicked are my favorite.

message 20: by Christina (new)

Christina Gizzi | 915 comments I like those, but I also like Phantom, Shrek the Musical, and Once the Musical.

message 21: by Emcnamara (new)

Emcnamara | 10 comments P!ATD is amazing. Ooh I also like the music from Once although I haven't actually seen the show!

message 22: by Christina (new)

Christina Gizzi | 915 comments Same, I have the entire soundtrack but haven't seen the show.

message 23: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Lissa- I know right! I love p!atd (:

Have either of you guys heard of If/Then? It's Idina Menzel's new musical and it's great!(:

message 24: by Christina (new)

Christina Gizzi | 915 comments I've heard of it, Idina sang a song from it at the Tony's

message 25: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Yes! She is outstanding!!

message 26: by Christina (new)

Christina Gizzi | 915 comments Agreed

message 27: by Silvana (new)

Silvana | 13 comments I love all kind of music as long as it moves my heart and sends shivers down my spine :D.My favorite bands are AC/DC,Queen,guns and roses,Bastille,Panic at the disco,Florence and the machine,Coldplay.One of my favorite singers is Ed sheeran :D

message 28: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Silvana- I love Florence and the machine also! And Bastille is really good. I adore panic at the disco(;

These Violent Delights (Robin) Coldplay (I love their new song "A Sky Full Of Stars"), OneRepublic, Josh Groban, MGK, K'NAAN, Will.I.Am, Skylar Grey, Lana Del Rey, Tiesto, Imagine Dragons, Passenger, B.O.B., Katy Perry, Jason Aldean, Usher, U2 (is by far my favorite), and so many others

message 30: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

I love how everyone loves Coldplay!!! Hahaha(:

message 31: by Silvana (new)

Silvana | 13 comments Coldplay has amazing songs my two favorite are viva la vida and fix you *-*

These Violent Delights (Robin) Silvana wrote: "Coldplay has amazing songs my two favorite are viva la vida and fix you *-*"

Those are brilliant songs as well!

message 33: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

I agree! Coldplay is AMAZINGGG. My all time favorite is The Scientist but I adore every song! Fix You and Viva La Vida are perfect as well(:

message 34: by Silvana (new)

Silvana | 13 comments I also like Kings of lions and my favorite song is Use Somebody is simply amazing :D

These Violent Delights (Robin) Jordyn wrote: "I agree! Coldplay is AMAZINGGG. My all time favorite is The Scientist but I adore every song! Fix You and Viva La Vida are perfect as well(:"

You ever see the music video for The Scientist? I thought it was great!

message 36: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Alternative and Rock for me! My favorite bands: One Republic, Neon Trees, The Fray, The Killers, The Black Keys. I also like 80s music like the Police :) Coldplay is pretty cool too!

message 37: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Riya- SAME. And I love every band you named besides one republic. They're okay

message 38: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

YAY COLDPLAY

message 39: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Coldplay is now this groups musical symbol

Hahaha jk that's not even a thing..

message 40: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Haha AWESOME :D

message 41: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Jordyn wrote: "Riya- SAME. And I love every band you named besides one republic. They're okay"

Nice! And One Republic is SO GOOD- I saw them in concert and they were just amazing!

message 42: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Oh wow that's cool!!!
I really like their iTunes acoustic session album

message 43: by Riya (new)

Riya | 846 comments Mod
Yeah it was and same :D

message 44: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

:D

message 45: by Sara (new)

Sara (saralawl) Bastille, Arctic Monkeys and Vampire Weekend all the way

message 46: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Sara- I LOVEE Arctic Monkeys!

message 47: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Vampire Weekend is also very good(:

message 48: by Sara (new)

Sara (saralawl) Jordyn- Alex Turner is my spirit animal for sure!

message 49: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire Jordyn wrote: "Vampire Weekend is also very good(:"

Agreed!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Queen, The Beatles, showtunes (mostly Wicked), and Motown.

« previous 1 3