The Sapphic Squad discussion

Old Reading Months > 18/4 April Suggestion Thread

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaylin (new)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) | 53 comments Mod
We're gearing up for our first group-read starting on April 1st! Please comment sapphic books you'd want to read as a group down below. The top answers by Monday, March 26th will go into a group wide poll!

Sara ➽ Ink Is My Sword (inkismysword) | 3 comments Colorblind by Siera Maley

message 3: by Sydney (new)

Sydney | 9 comments Of Fire and Stars (all I know is a princess falls for her betrothed’s sister) or The Dark Wife (lesbian hades & Persephone)

message 4: by Kayla (last edited Mar 22, 2018 09:30PM) (new)

message 5: by Elle (new)

Elle (ellexamines) (ellexamines) | 70 comments Mod
I'm adding Cam Girl by Elliot Wake to this list, along with Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant [I'm planning on rereading it next month]!

message 6: by fae (new)

fae (fae_the_booknerd) | 16 comments Inkmistress by Audrey Coulthurst, it's been on my tbr and I'd like add Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant (I'm going to start reading it as soon as I finish its prequel novella) and Cam Girl by Elliot Wake (I'd love to re-read it)

message 7: by lyraand (new)

lyraand | 7 comments Dating Sarah Cooper, The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet, or Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel

message 8: by Linda (new)

Linda (merlinsbeaver) | 5 comments Maybe Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Tally?

Lulu (the library leopard) (thelibraryleopard) | 10 comments Linda wrote: "Maybe Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Tally?"
The way race is dealt with in that is kind of uncomfortable, IMO. I know the author did a lot of research, but she's still a White woman writing about the civil rights movement and desegregation from the POV of a Black girl and (speaking as a White reader), I felt like it showed in a negative way. I know the book was important to a lot of people when it was first released and I don't want to tell anyone what to do, but it might be best if we just left it in 2014.

message 10: by Biz (new)

Biz | 11 comments Dating Sarah Cooper and Ivy Aberdeen's Letter to the World! (or is it ivy Aberdeen's letter to the universe??? I can't remember lol but it's the one by Ashley herring Blake)

message 11: by Sabrien (new)

Sabrien Abdelrahman | 55 comments Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst

message 12: by Sabrien (new)

Sabrien Abdelrahman | 55 comments The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid.

message 13: by ellie (new)

ellie (hugvvarts) | 7 comments Inkmistress by Audrey Coulthurst because I've already read OFaS!

message 14: by mace (new)

mace (maces) well, since the movie rights for the education of cameron post have just been picked up, maybe the book it's based on would be a good group read :D

message 15: by Biz (new)

Biz | 11 comments Mayke wrote: "well, since the movie rights for the education of cameron post have just been picked up, maybe the book it's based on would be a good group read :D"

omg really?? thats amazing!!

message 16: by ✨ jami ✨ (new)

✨    jami   ✨ (jamieson_) | 8 comments Mod
I'm also putting in a vote for Cameron Post, and also Not Your Sidekick by C.B Lee because I've needed to read that one for ages

Lulu (the library leopard) (thelibraryleopard) | 10 comments I just got Cameron Post from the library, so my vote is for that!

message 18: by Linda (new)

Linda (merlinsbeaver) | 5 comments Cameron Post sounds great :)

message 19: by Elle (new)

Elle (ellexamines) (ellexamines) | 70 comments Mod
hey, thank you to everyone who recommended a book! the poll has been completed and Cameron Post won. I hope you'll join us for the group read <3