Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Monthly Buddy Read Match-Up > April Buddy Read Sign-Up

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (last edited Mar 31, 2018 09:29AM) (new)

Lisa P | 1984 comments Mod
If you would like to participate in the April Match-Up, please add your name to this sign-up thread.

You can read the Rules for our Monthly Buddy Read Match-Up here.

1. Agnieszka
2. John
3. Kronos
4. Chris
5. Chris

message 2: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 164 comments I'm again in :-)

message 3: by John (new)

John Day I would like to sign up for the Monthly Buddy Read Match-Up Lisa P
What happens next?

message 4: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

John wrote: "I would like to sign up for the Monthly Buddy Read Match-Up Lisa P
What happens next?"

Hi John, welcome! At the start of April I will randomly pair you with another person that has signed up and start a thread for you. You may use this thread to pick a book together, and then read and discuss. Every month you sign up I will try to pair you up with someone different. For more info, in message 1 there is a link to the full set of rules.

message 5: by Kronos (new)

Kronos Ananthsimha | 33 comments I'm in.

message 6: by John (new)

John Day Do we have a different book each?
Is the book a genre we both like?
It would be helpful to know this. Thank you.

message 7: by Agnieszka (last edited Mar 24, 2018 06:34AM) (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 164 comments John wrote: "Do we have a different book each?
Is the book a genre we both like?
It would be helpful to know this. Thank you."

The pair or three person group (if the number is uneven) decides on a book they want read. The genre will be most likely A/A but if all agree other genres are possible as well.
If you click at the top of the side on the link: Monthly Buddy Read Match-Up you can see the previous two months groups.

message 8: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Exactly...the pair reads same book decided on together.

message 9: by Chris (new)

Chris Williams | 5 comments Hi Lisa I have been busy with work the past few months but have freed up some time. I would like to participate in the Monthly Buddy Read Match. Just let me know when start the process and lets have some fun. Im all in-Love Poker as well :D

message 10: by Chris (new)

Chris Williams | 5 comments Oh I enjoy hardcore Jack Reacher and Hardcore Assassin Novels. Thanks for the invite Lisa, seems like a great group!!!

message 11: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 164 comments The next few days I'll be visiting my family and will have not much time/not always internet access - so if Lisa posts the pairs before April 2nd, I ask my partner not to panic - I'll be back online Apri 3rd :-)

Happy Easter to all of you!

message 12: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (last edited Mar 31, 2018 09:26AM) (new)

I'll go ahead and assign the groups now since we have an even number. We can still add more if anyone else signs up.

Please find your group thread and check in as soon as possible to select and discuss your buddy read...and Have Fun!

Group #1 Agnieszka and John

Group #2 Kronos,Chris and Chris

message 13: by John (new)

John Day John Day signing up.

message 14: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

John wrote: "John Day signing up."

Hi John, you were paired up with Agnieszka. Look back at message #12 and click on the link. It will take you to the thread I set up for you two to select and discuss your book of choice.

message 15: by Chris (new)

Chris Horsefield | 1 comments I'm in

message 16: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Chris wrote: "I'm in"

Hi Chris...Since we have an odd number this time, why don't you join Group #2 with the other Chris and Kronos.

message 17: by Chris (new)

Chris Williams | 5 comments Lisa,

I have made contact with Kronos and we have chosen a book to review.

Thanks,

Chris

message 18: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Chris wrote: "Lisa,

I have made contact with Kronos and we have chosen a book to review.

Thanks,

Chris"

Hopefully the other Chris will contact you two as well.

message 19: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (last edited Apr 03, 2018 09:21PM) (new)

John wrote: "Dear Lisa,
I regret I will not be proceeding with the Buddy Read.
Out of the blue, Agnieszka my reading partner who is also a librarian has taken it upon herself to reorganise the books on my Autho..."

Perhaps if you discuss it with her, I'm sure she can explain what changes she made to your author page. Also you could go to Goodreads Librarians Group and post something there. They are very helpful.

I do know that goodreads author pages contain all works...both old and new. This way if someone has an old copy of a book, they can find it on goodreads. Even if it is out of print, it is still listed on the author page.

You as the author are also able to choose which, of all the editions listed, you want to be the default edition:

Goodreads recently added a new feature for authors: Goodreads Authors can now choose which edition they want to be the default edition for their books. Goodreads Authors (and Goodreads Employees) are the only people who can use this feature, and they can only do so for books on which they are the primary author.

To use this feature, go to the edition you wish to set as the default, and click the "edit" link. On the edition's edit page there will be a link on the right side, about mid-way down the page and just before the link to refresh stats, to "Set this book as the primary edition for this work".

message 20: by John (new)

John Day OK, thank you for your help with this issue. I have now made the changes.
Life would be easier if GR had actually planned the software from the start in stead of adding bits and pieces in the most unlikely places.
If Agnieszka still wants to buddy with me, then I will continue. As far as I am concerned, the matter is resolved and forgotten.
Thank you.

message 21: by John (new)

John Day Hi Lisa,
I have just completed the read of 'Too close for comfort' and have passed my thoughts to Agnieszka. When we have compared notes, we will develop a review.