Refugee Refugee discussion

Book Report

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Noah (last edited Mar 22, 2018 03:43PM) (new)

Noah Basham Refugee by Alan Gratz, follows the story of three young teenagers who are uprooted from their own homes, and are forced to try and find a new one. Josef, a Jewish young man in the 1930s Germany struggles to find refuge away from Hitler and his Nazis. Isabel, a Cuban young woman in 1994 is forced to leave, and they must act fast. Mahmoud, a Syrian boy from Aleppo in 2015 must flee for the safety of his life, and that of his families. The book follows the hardships, struggles, and sacrifices of refugees all over the world. It tells a story of what everybody in the world is looking for. Happiness.

Refugee was such a great book. The book faces it's reader with such a great glimpse of reality, and what people are going through just to have what we have had for all of our lives. All that they want is happiness and freedom. The book is filled with such a lifelike sort of suspense that I cant get enough of. It was full of hardships that never ended, and just when you thought that they were going to catch a break, it got even worse. I loved this book because it gave me a much needed reality check. You don't get to see this stuff everyday, and it had a very big impact on my life. I really hope that you will love this book as much as I did, because it is such a wonderful piece of art that I couldn't get enough of.

message 2: by Kimball (new)

Kimball Young This book sounds really interesting! The way you describe it makes me want to read it. Is this book based on a true story?

message 3: by Noah (new)

Noah Basham It is based on true stories yes, but is altered slightly for different reasons, like privacy for the actual people.