Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2018 ~ Monthly Challenges > ATF Challenge ~ April 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 106 (106 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Grey (last edited Apr 06, 2018 04:30PM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
A new challenge for 2018 is the ATF Challenge. For me...some of the books that are my all-time favorites that I may recommend, may not necessarily have gotten 5 stars...but nonetheless are still on my favorite books of all time list, so here we are-Month FOUR!

And I think now that we've figured it out, the rules of this challenge are pretty simple.

1) Between now and the 31st of March, members express their interest in participating in the ATF challenge for April.
2) Sometime on April 1st (no Fools here...), it will be randomized by one of our illustrious randomizers to see who the lucky 4th woman of honor will be.
3) She will post the link to her All Time Favorite Books list (which could be her 5 stars list... or it could be something new that she makes up specifically for this challenge, however, it should include at least 10 books, in fact the more books the better). I will also link the Honoree's list here in this first post.
4) Then this is where it gets fun... the Honoree could deign to 'help' pick a book for each of us that are participating to read from that list that we haven't read, if we have it or can easily get our hands on it. Or...she could just let us run amok and pick from all of her favorite choices.

For example: here is the link to Grey's All Time Favorites List

Clear as mud? Please ask if you have any questions, as we continue to iron out the details!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The honoree for April 2018 is ... Jean! Jean's ATF List

The books we've chosen from all of our suggestions and plucked from the magical randomizer for her to read is... What He Doesn't Know (What He Doesn't Know Duet, #1) by Kandi Steiner

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next super fun part of this challenge is that everyone else gets to throw a suggestion into the pot for the honoree, one of their 5 star suggestions, which will then be tossed into the randomizer again (or the honoree can just choose one, whichever floats her boat!) But this way, the honoree also has an All Time Favorite to read this month.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Paula picked The Year We Fell Down (The Ivy Years, #1) by Sarina Bowen ; and rated as 4 stars!

Nay picked Begin Again (Again, #1) by Mona Kasten ; and rated

Tessa picked Royal Atlas by H.J. Bellus ; and rated

Kooloo picked

Leslie picked Fake Fiancée by Ilsa Madden-Mills ; and rated

Ela picked The Butterfly Project by Emma Scott ; and rated

Lisa picked The Silent Waters (Elements, #3) by Brittainy C. Cherry ; and rated

Jan picked Begin Again (Again, #1) by Mona Kasten ; and rated

Grey picked Painted Faces (Painted Faces, #1) by L.H. Cosway ; and rated

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments I’m in!!

message 3: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I'm in too!

message 4: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments In.

message 5: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments In

message 6: by Leslie (last edited Apr 01, 2018 05:13AM) (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I am in despite not having March done yet.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments I am in!! Yay!!

message 8: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments IN

message 9: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I'm in too!

message 10: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Haha Leslie. Same. I'm in but haven't read March's yet. LOL.

message 11: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments I will still read March though... 😬

message 12: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I finished all mine as of yesterday. Yay!

message 13: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Now I feel bad, Leslie :(

message 14: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments It’s April....just saying

message 15: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Lol Paula!

message 16: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments What Paula said.

message 17: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments I'm gonna start baking
someone let me know when Grey arrives

message 18: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
drum roll please....

message 19: by Grey (last edited Apr 01, 2018 03:22PM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
The honoree for April 2018 is ... Jean! Jean's ATF List

~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~

The next super fun part of this challenge is that everyone else gets to throw a suggestion into the pot for the honoree, one of their 5 star suggestions, which will then be tossed into the randomizer again (or the honoree can just choose one, whichever floats her boat!) But this way, the honoree also has an All Time Favorite to read this month.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

message 20: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Yippee, Jean! *rubs hands* Now to go look at your list!!

message 21: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments WOW JEAN!!!!
Some really good ones - hard to choose...

message 22: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I'm going with Royal Atlas by H.J. Bellus Who knows how long I've had it, and with it being one of Jean's 5stars, I'm sure I'll love it. Now to figure out what to send to her!

message 23: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Okay, so I really thought about this. I LOVE Fear Me, which is in your to read category, but I went with a book that is full of angst. The fact that I COULD read it and love it, without any triggers or issues at all is a real testament to the author. Plausibility by Jettie Woodruff is my throw into the lotto.

message 24: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments I’m gonna have to wait until I go on my laptop as I need to see which books I have! There are quite a few on the list I have read but there look to be some good ones I haven’t

message 25: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Massive list, Jean. And quite a few I've read and loved too. From your list for me I pick Begin Again Begin Again (Again, #1) by Mona Kasten
I've been wanting to try this one for a while.

For you my suggestion I'm throwing into the pot is Afterwards Afterwards (Commitment, #4) by Nia Forrester
More people need to read Nia Forrester!! She is a fabulous writer of complex, fascinating characters and great plots. Set in the behind-the-scenes business end of the world of hip-hop. The complicated romance between the top exec and a new in-house lawyer. Really great book!

message 26: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Omg, I'm so nervous now! Eeek!

message 27: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Tessa, I just added Royal Atlas today! Hope you love it!

message 28: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Jean, you have a lot I want to read. Hmmm...I need to think some more before I pick.

I suggest for you to read Worth the Fall (The McKinney Brothers, #1) by Claudia Connor

message 29: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I have had that book for so long Leslie! Can't wait to see all my choices from you guys!

message 30: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Amazing list to choose from. I am gonna go with The Silent Waters (Elements, #3) by Brittainy C. Cherry

message 31: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Yay Lisa! Pure love for that book!

message 32: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Wow! Great list, Jean! I've read (and loved) quite a few and was reminded of quite a few on my tbr that I'm now moving up my list (that's one thing I think this challenge is GREAT for--reminding us of books we really intended to read and still want to read.)

After much speculation, like Jan, I'm reading Begin Again Begin Again (Again, #1) by Mona Kasten .

Now I need to find a suggestion for you!

message 33: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Is it bad that I keep seeing people want to read Begin Again and am squeeing in delight? Because I am!

message 34: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Tessa wrote: "Is it bad that I keep seeing people want to read Begin Again and am squeeing in delight? Because I am!"

Yay! That's great to hear!

message 35: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Jean, unless you already read it and forgot to mark it for some reason (since you favorited the rest of the series), I'm telling you that you NEED to read:

Undeserving Undeserving (Undeniable, #5) by Madeline Sheehan

This may have been the best book of the series, IMO.

message 36: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I haven't read it Renee!

message 37: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments I'm going for The Year We Fell Down (The Ivy Years, #1) by Sarina Bowen

Jean - I am recommending the dreaded... The Story of Us (Carnage, #1) by Lesley Jones it divides opinions but I loved the series

message 38: by Grey (last edited Apr 02, 2018 04:08AM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Jean, I am going to read Painted Faces from your ATF list.

From your TBR list...I think you should read... What He Didn't Know by Kandi Steiner.

message 39: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments OMG...I second Carnage!!!!

message 40: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Jean has too many good ones!!

I think I will try Fake Fiancee Fake Fiancée by Ilsa Madden-Mills because THAT COVER!!!

*waggles eyebrows*

message 41: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Grey wrote: "Jean, I am going to read Painted Faces from your ATF list.

From your TBR list...I think you should read... What He Didn't Know by Kandi Steiner."

I LOVED Painted Faces. It was a top 5 of the year for me.

message 42: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I love all your selections! I'm so excited for you guys to read them and hoping you love them like I did!

I'll need the randomizer for your picks for me.... no way could I decide. And Paula is so brave mentioning the C series. But I do have the whole set and have been curious!

message 43: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments Lisa seconded it! 😀😀

message 44: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I'll even 3rd it. I FLOVED the C book!

message 45: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
the C book made me throw my kindle

message 46: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Grey wrote: "the C book made me throw my kindle"

Same.

message 47: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments And that's what makes me curious.... the love/hate relationship with that series!

message 48: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Jean...do you want me to throw the choices in a randomizer for you,or are you going to choose?

message 49: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments Wait!!!!!! my pick for Jean is Ten Tiny Breaths

message 50: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments Oh and Comfort Food 🤗

« previous 1 3