PenPal Readers discussion

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoe (last edited Mar 22, 2018 02:31PM) (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments WAVE 1 of Pen Pal matches is now live! Post here to update us with how it's going (: Please post when your pair is half way done with the challenge (written to each other once) and again when you're complete!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

Feel free to post more than that as well!

message 2: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Brown Hi Zoe. I can't see who I'm paired with

message 3: by Ericka (new)

Ericka (eejala92) | 3 comments Hey. I noticed my partner and I are up there twice. The first time I'm PenPal 1, second time she is PenPal 1. I already reached out first. I hope that was okay!

message 4: by Anne ✨ (last edited Mar 22, 2018 08:20PM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Patricia wrote: "Hi Zoe. I can't see who I'm paired with"

Hi Patricia, you are paired with Barbara Marcotte , using Snail Mail Letters. You'll need to message each other to get addresses of course!

Happy PenPal'ing

message 5: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Hey Ericka! Sorry about that! Thanks for taking initiative!

message 6: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments People in the Pen Pal 1 category: Please update us on how the reaching out is going (: I'm excited to hear how the challenge is going or if there's any changes I can make

message 7: by Claire (new)

Claire | 7 comments I'm participating!!

message 8: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Claire wrote: "I'm participating!!"

Hey Claire! If you're looking to sign up please fill out the form and post on this thread:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 9: by Amber M. (new)

Amber M. McCarter (mommyultd) | 169 comments Alrighty, finally got my first message sent... ;)

message 10: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia Coles | 1 comments I filled out my form and am posting here as requested! Thanks!

message 11: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Anastasia wrote: "I filled out my form and am posting here as requested! Thanks!"

Hi Anastasia! I think you are looking for the challenge form. That is here:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

this thread is for pen pal pairs in the first wave who are updating us on their progress!

message 12: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Amber wrote: "Alrighty, finally got my first message sent... ;)"

Amber, that's awesome! Let us know when you get a response (:

message 13: by Amber M. (new)

Amber M. McCarter (mommyultd) | 169 comments Zoe wrote: "Amber wrote: "Alrighty, finally got my first message sent... ;)"

Amber, that's awesome! Let us know when you get a response (:"

Will do.

message 14: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments If your partner never reached out to you now would be a great time to try reaching out to them! Pen Pal 2 feel free to reach out to try to get conversation started (:

message 15: by Sami (new)

Sami (indulgentreaders) | -1 comments Myself & Lucia have emailed each other 3 times so far :)

message 16: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Sam wrote: "Myself & Lucia have emailed each other 3 times so far :)"

OMG that's amazing! I'm so happy it's going so well (: Great job you guys!

message 17: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 20 comments I have mailed Kristina once waiting on her letter

message 18: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (kttyk4t) | 4 comments Ericka and I are emailing every few days. We have found out a bit about each other. It has been great talking to someone and and learning about them.

message 19: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Kathleen wrote: "Ericka and I are emailing every few days. We have found out a bit about each other. It has been great talking to someone and and learning about them."

I am so excited for you and glad to hear it's going so well !

message 20: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Cindee wrote: "I have mailed Kristina once waiting on her letter"

Yay Cindee! I am so happy and hope you get the letter soon!

message 21: by Amber M. (new)

Amber M. McCarter (mommyultd) | 169 comments Rohini and I have made contact, and working on exchange #2... so far, so good :)

message 22: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Amber wrote: "Rohini and I have made contact, and working on exchange #2... so far, so good :)"

I'm so glad (: Keep us posted!

message 23: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 20 comments Got a letter from Kristina will send the next one by Friday.

message 24: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments I just got Kristyns letter today and will mail my response tomorrow (: Love new pen pals!

message 25: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (charlottecph) Anastasia and I have written to eachother twice.

message 26: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Reminder that this challenge ends in June! That gives you a little more than a month to message your pen pal partner and get going if you haven't already! Once you've communicated at least twice, post here and let us know how it's going!

If you're having issues (for example, if your partner isn't responding) please message me so I can help you (:

You can also refill out the form HERE to be matched with another pen pal!