YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Undertow (Undertow #1)
This topic is about Undertow
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Undertow by Michael Buckley-- starting March 28th

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Sixteen-year-old Lyric Walker’s life is forever changed when she witnesses the arrival of 30,000 Alpha, a five-nation race of ocean-dwelling warriors, on her beach in Coney Island. The world’s initial wonder and awe over the Alpha quickly turns ugly and paranoid and violent, and Lyric’s small town transforms into a military zone with humans on one side and Alpha on the other. When Lyric is recruited to help the crown prince, a boy named Fathom, assimilate, she begins to fall for him. But their love is a dangerous one, and there are forces on both sides working to keep them apart. Only, what if the Alpha are not actually the enemy? What if they are in fact humanity’s only hope of survival? Because the real enemy is coming. And it’s more terrifying than anything the world has ever seen.

Action, suspense, and romance whirlpool dangerously in this cinematic saga, a blend of District 9 and The Outsiders

Jessica and I are starting this on March 28th if anyone would like to join

Cyana Scriptora (cscriptora) | 26 comments Okay guys, well I guess I'll start.... Strong opening. I can picture the setting in my head. The physical descriptions are good. And the reactions seem realistic. Good pacing and the story is progressing nicely.

Chapter 1-10

(view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Joining a little late. I had to finish Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore excited for this one, i love the cover

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments 1-5 (view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Up to 17 (view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments End of 21 (view spoiler)

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Cyana wrote: "Okay guys, well I guess I'll start.... Strong opening. I can picture the setting in my head. The physical descriptions are good. And the reactions seem realistic. Good pacing and the story is progr..."

I didn't know there was a book 2 but I would love to (view spoiler)

message 8: by Amanda (last edited Apr 01, 2018 02:59PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments End of 26(view spoiler)