Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Move ISBN

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

If I interpret the colophon of my copy correctly this is the 20th impression. If I understood the new rules this is the most recent impression and ISBN should be moved to it.

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments done

message 3: by Halvor (Raknes) (last edited Mar 23, 2018 10:59AM) (new)

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments Wouldn't it be better to place the ACE references at the beginning of the description rather than at the end? Expeciaaly when the description is collapsed people might miss it.

message 4: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments There are no rules one way or the other, is my understanding. And a lot of authors object to the first thing users seeing is a note about the ACE, rather than the description of the book.

message 5: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments GR is for users, not just for authors.

As users want to find the edition they are reading and won't bother checking at the end of the description, I would have placed ACE info at the top, and it seams to be a common practice.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23160 comments I always put it at the top, but Z-squared is correct and there isn't any rule. It is up to each librarian and their preference.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41972 comments Mod
Sandra wrote: "Z-squared is correct and there isn't any rule. It is up to each librarian and their preference."

Correct.