The books > Half-blood Prince

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kendall Anne (new)

Kendall Anne (dance4life) | 339 comments Mod
This one was awesome too!!

message 2: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 272 comments Mod
Yeah! Gotta love it.... The movie was excellent too!

message 3: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) yes!

message 4: by Kendall Anne (new)

Who here loved the movie?? I liked it, even though they skiped a lot from the movie.

message 5: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Me to.

message 6: by Taylor (new)

ME! I love the movies as separate entities from the books... It's hard to love them together.

message 7: by Kendall Anne (new)

Yeah I agree. HBP was a great movie but its not as good as the book.

message 8: by Taylor (new)

I have never, ever seen a movie that was better than the book.

message 9: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Same here. The books are always better.

message 10: by Taylor (new)

Always. If a movie was better than a book, I'd have some issues with it.

message 11: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Yeah!

message 12: by Taylor (new)

I mean, that'd just be weird, wouldn't it?

message 13: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) DEFINATLY!!!

message 14: by Kendall Anne (new)

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

message 15: by Taylor (new)

Soooo..... Anyone else hear where they're going to split DH?

message 16: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Umm...I think Kendall said next summer the first half is coming out...

message 17: by Kendall Anne (new)

Yeah!! I think its a great idea!!!! The movie can be longer so maybe they won't skip so much stuff!!!!!!!

message 18: by Taylor (new)

I read the article that said where they're going to split it this morning......

message 19: by Kendall Anne (new)

what do you think about it?

message 20: by Taylor (new)

The splitting thing makes sense, as does the place where they are planning on splitting it. I just hope they don't take too much out, seeing as the point was to split it so they could fit more in. And I really hope they don't just add stuff for the heck of it.

message 21: by Kendall Anne (new)

yeah i know!!

message 22: by Taylor (new)

And they are splitting it RIGHT AFTER the trio is captured by the Snatchers.... Major cliff hanger!!!

message 23: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) They are? How did you know?

message 24: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Taylor wrote: "The splitting thing makes sense, as does the place where they are planning on splitting it. I just hope they don't take too much out, seeing as the point was to split it so they could fit more in. ..."

ME TOO!!!

message 25: by Taylor (new)

There was an article on MuggleNet about it yesterday...

message 26: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) What is MuggelNet?

message 27: by Taylor (new)

One of the biggest Harry Potter fansites out there... I check it faithfully. Here: http://www.mugglenet.com/

message 28: by Kendall Anne (new)

cool website!!!

message 29: by Taylor (new)

It's one of my favorites.... Aside from this one, and NaNoWriMo.

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) I LOVE THIS MOVIE SO MUCH!

message 31: by Pandy (new)

Pandy Me too!

message 32: by Taylor (new)

ME TOO! Except, the book is better, as is always the case.

message 33: by Pandy (new)

Pandy Definitely, but it's a good adaptation.

message 34: by Taylor (new)

I loved the humor.

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) ME TOO! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS MOVIE!

message 36: by Taylor (new)

Wow. I think you love this movie. Not sure what gave me that idea, though.... ;P

message 38: by Vina (new)

Vina  (vinapeace10) | 11 comments The book is next in line for my Harr Potter Books.. i haven't read it, but I saw the movie, and I dont understand what the half blood prince is, and what snape, and this whole half blood prince thing has to do with anything?

message 39: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) You should DEFINITELY read the book before seeing the movie, I felt sorry for my mom and little sister, both haven't read the books and they saw HBP in theaters with us. HBP isn't the best out of the HP movies: the beginning was, I admit, pointless and didn't work towards the story goal. When you find out the locket is fake, the audience should be like, "WHAT?!?!?! IT'S FAKE??" But I was just like, "Oh." They should have built up towards the climax, which was the best part....But it's still a pretty okay movie. But just my opinion.

message 40: by Vina (new)

Vina  (vinapeace10) | 11 comments K.. I guess I have to read the book 2 understand.. which number in the series is that book?

message 41: by Vina (new)

Vina  (vinapeace10) | 11 comments Vina *TEAM PEETA* wrote: "The book is next in line for my Harr Potter Books.. i haven't read it, but I saw the movie, and I dont understand what the half blood prince is, and what snape, and this whole half blood prince thi..."

but u didn't answer my question!

message 42: by Pandy (new)

Pandy HBP is the sixth book in the series, Vina.

I can definitely understand why the HBP film might be confusing to someone who hasn’t read the books, but I still love the movie – it’s my favorite so far

I'm not sure if you want your questions about the movie answered because as Janeen-San says it’s best to read the book. Just for plot summary and what the HBP is:

Snape was a very clever student at school who gave himself the name the Half-Blood Prince (he was a half-blood and his mother’s maiden name was Prince), and he scribbled revised instructions for potions and spells of his own invention into his potions book. In HBP Harry has Snape's old potions books and uses its revised instructions in class to become regarded as the best potion maker in his year. Harry also, as is shown in the movie, tries out Snape's spell, Sectumsempra, and is shocked by what it does. He has come to see the Prince as a friend and feels betrayed by the bloody effects of the spell, and at the end, when he learns that the Prince is Snape he feels even worse because he thinks he has trusted a murderer.

I know this doesn’t really say what the book “has to do with anything,” but the book’s significance comes from what Harry learns from it and what we learn about Snape. It impacts HBP’s plot, though it doesn’t directly impact the plot as the story continues into DH.

message 43: by Vina (new)

Vina  (vinapeace10) | 11 comments Oh, well THXS! I just finished THe Goblet On Fire.. can't wait to read THe HAlf Blood PRince, now I kinda Get it..

message 44: by Kendall Anne (new)

Years ago I saw the first 5 HP books before I read them. The books are different, more in depth. I love the movies separately from the books.

message 45: by Vina (new)

Vina  (vinapeace10) | 11 comments The movies are just so dark..

message 46: by Kendall Anne (new)

Darker than the books yes. But not horrible.

message 47: by Vina (new)

Vina  (vinapeace10) | 11 comments No, the movies aren't that bad, when I compare them to some other books that were made into movies..

message 48: by Kendall Anne (new)

Also, it helps if you have read the books, then at least I don't think there as scary and dark.

message 49: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Yes!

message 50: by Vina (new)

Vina  (vinapeace10) | 11 comments I don't mean like scary, but the scences are always dark..

« previous 1