YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1)
This topic is about Dorothy Must Die
GROUP BUDDY READ > Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1) by Danielle Paige - GBR - Starting April 1st 2018

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Mar 22, 2018 01:19PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83065 comments Mod

I didn't ask for any of this. I didn't ask to be some kind of hero.

But when your whole life gets swept up by a tornado - taking you with it - you have no choice but to go along, you know?

Sure, I've read the books. I've seen the movies. I know the song about the rainbow and the happy little bluebirds. But I never expected Oz to look like this. To be a place where Good Witches can't be trusted, Wicked Witches may just be the good guys, and winged monkeys can be executed for acts of rebellion. There's still a yellow brick road - but even that's crumbling.

What happened? Dorothy.

They say she found a way to come back to Oz. They say she seized power and the power went to her head. And now no one is safe.

My name is Amy Gumm - and I'm the other girl from Kansas.

I've been recruited by the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked.

I've been trained to fight.

And I have a mission.

Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1) by Danielle Paige will be our 1st GBR for April 2018.

Please read at your own pace, and hide any spoilers ☺ You are welcome to join at any time during the month ☺

Happy Reading Everybody!

Pre-Reading Questions -

Anybody got any thoughts on this one before we start?

Has anyone read anything similar to this before?

Anybody read anything else by this author previously?

message 4: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda  (manka23) | 2385 comments Oh I've been wanting to read this for a while! I think I can get a copy in time to join! I love books set in the same world. I might wind up reading this and then Melt (Rough Romance, #1) by Selene Castrovilla because that is also set in OZ, but not necessarily a retelling.

message 5: by Madi (new) - added it

Madi | 4 comments Is there a prequel I need to read first?

Temitayomiyoshiseun Jemison | 14 comments I am new to Danielle Paige. I have noticed that all her book as something to do with the story of Oz and its characters. I am looking forward to reading Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige I got both book and audible ready to dive in. No Place Like Oz (Dorothy Must Die, #0.1) by Danielle Paige seems to be the prequel to this read. So I am going to read Dorothy Must Die Stories (Dorothy Must Die, #0.1-0.3) by Danielle Paige to get a heads up on what to expect from the assigned read.

Temitayomiyoshiseun Jemison | 14 comments Madi wrote: "Is there a prequel I need to read first?"

No Place Like Oz (Dorothy Must Die, #0.1) by Danielle Paige seems to be the prequel to this read and there is Dorothy Must Die Stories (Dorothy Must Die, #0.1-0.3) by Danielle Paige is the three box series.

message 8: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee | 1443 comments 30% (view spoiler)
50% (view spoiler)

message 9: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee | 1443 comments ~80% (view spoiler)
Finished (view spoiler)

María | 2107 comments Starting today! I don't read anything of this author and I haven't read the original The Wonderful Wizard of Oz but I wanted to read this book for a while so I'm exciting.

María | 2107 comments Erin wrote: "30% [spoilers removed]
50% [spoilers removed]"

30% I love when someone used the title of the book inside of its...
(view spoiler)

message 12: by María (last edited Apr 30, 2018 08:14PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

María | 2107 comments Erin wrote: "30% [spoilers removed]
50% [spoilers removed]"

53%
Yes. (view spoiler)

María | 2107 comments Erin wrote: "~80% [spoilers removed]
Finished [spoilers removed]"

I like to know Amy is not alone (view spoiler)

María | 2107 comments Finished. I like it but I don't know if I will continue reading the serie because it was hard connecting with the plot...