Play Book Tag discussion

The Heart's Invisible Furies
This topic is about The Heart's Invisible Furies
Archive: Other Books > The Heart's Invisible Furies - John Boyne - 4 1/2 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (last edited Mar 23, 2018 07:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kelly | 817 comments In the novel The Heart's Invisible Furies, author John Boyne tells the story of Cyril Avery. Born in 1945 to an unwed mother in a rural area of Ireland, Cyril was given up for adoption. He grew up never truly belonging in this new family or anywhere. It was a time when homosexuality was illegal in the country and Cyril had to determine how he was going to live his life.

When he was younger, Cyril was not very brave. He could have prevented hurting others if he had been honest about his preferences. As he matured, he became a better man. The author address series topics in the book, but also balances it with humor. He shows opinions changing and creates modern families. The cast of characters were well written and it was interesting to see how they could show up again later in the book.

message 2: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5068 comments I will try to read this for Jen's March Madness, but there are others ahead of it in line. I'm trying to be strategic about my book choices to get the most points!

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7782 comments Yeah! Another fan!

Susie | 4488 comments Hooray!!

Anita Pomerantz | 6543 comments Oh yay! Think I convinced my f2f book club to read this next!!