Beta Reader Group discussion

Midwives of Moses (Faith Finders, #1)
This topic is about Midwives of Moses
Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Completed Biblical Fiction Novel (52K)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenifer (new) - added it

Jenifer Jennings I'm looking for a few betas for my Biblical Fiction Novel, "Midwives of Moses."

Synopsis:

A god asked her to kill. That went against her faith. Her own God asked her to walk away. That went against her calling.

Until she is ordered by Pharaoh to kill newborn Hebrew males, Puah thought she had an easy profession. If she obeys, it means the deaths of untold innocents. If she doesn't, it means her death.

As Pharaohs rise and fall, Puah’s people are forced into deeper oppression. Men are forced labor and women are sent to serve their Egyptian counterparts. Only Puah and her recently acquired guild are free. For now.

Moses, one of the hidden babies who was adopted by the Princess, is being groomed to take over. When he denies his right to rule and mistakenly kills an Egyptian, he is forced to flee into the desert.

Forty years later, he returns as the instrument of God.

With her medical training and passion for helping pregnant women, Puah places herself in the heart of hell on earth as the intensity of plagues increases.

After the last plague falls, she must make the decision to stay in Egypt or face the unknown wilderness. Puah’s heart has always been for the women of Egypt. How can she obey God to walk away from them in their greatest hour of need? She can only make the choice once and morning won’t wait.

(There are a few death scenes, nothing graphic but being open about that because I understand some wish not to read about innocent deaths.)

message 2: by Audrey (new)

Audrey Bodine (audreyboauthor) | 1 comments This sounds so interesting and different from a lot of other books in this genre. I haven’t read much fiction from biblical times, but I’d like to beta for you, if you’ll have me. :)

message 3: by Jenifer (new) - added it

Jenifer Jennings I'd be happy to have you. Send your email address and I'll forward it to you.
Audrey wrote: "This sounds so interesting and different from a lot of other books in this genre. I haven’t read much fiction from biblical times, but I’d like to beta for you, if you’ll have me. :)"

message 4: by JULIAN (new)

JULIAN | 9 comments Jenifer wrote: "I'm looking for a few betas for my Biblical Fiction Novel, "Midwives of Moses."

Synopsis:

A god asked her to kill. That went against her faith. Her own God asked her to walk away. That went again..."

message 5: by JULIAN (new)

JULIAN | 9 comments Jenifer,
I'm not your reader, but I wanted to say this is an intriguing and timely premise. Good luck!

message 6: by Jenifer (new) - added it

Jenifer Jennings Julian,
Thank you very much.

JULIAN wrote: "Jenifer,
I'm not your reader, but I wanted to say this is an intriguing and timely premise. Good luck!"

message 7: by JULIAN (new)

JULIAN | 9 comments Jenifer,
I'm doing children's comic poetry and short fiction--seems an unlikely fit. But I'm curious enough to have a look at your outline and first chapter, if you'd like.
I'm disappointed to suppose that no one else seems to have expressed interest in your project.
As for my stuff, if you have kids/grandkids say 6-11, it would be fun to see what they think. (Your opinion welcome, too.) NB It's all harmless; the closest I get to questionable is the reaction "cookie SHEET" when a character gets struck on the shoulder by a passing car.

message 8: by Jenifer (new) - added it

Jenifer Jennings What is yours?

Avinash wrote: "Would you be interested in trading?

If you're interested please feel free to send me yours...

avinashashu3@gmail.com"

message 9: by Jenifer (new) - added it

Jenifer Jennings I'm so happy to have peeked your interest, but I don't know how much help I'd be with children's. Also, I'm searching for someone to read my entire manuscript to check for any story flaws or plot holes. It wouldn't be of much help to only have you read the first chapter. Though I appreciate the offer and wonderful support for my story.

JULIAN wrote: "Jenifer,
I'm doing children's comic poetry and short fiction--seems an unlikely fit. But I'm curious enough to have a look at your outline and first chapter, if you'd like.
I'm disappointed to supp..."

message 10: by JULIAN (new)

JULIAN | 9 comments to finish previous: ... suppose that no one else has yet expressed interest. Keep seeking!

message 11: by Jenifer (new) - added it

Jenifer Jennings Thank you, Julian.

message 12: by Jenifer (new) - added it

Jenifer Jennings Avinash,

It sounds interesting, but I'm afraid I've never done Sci-Fi before nor am I a fan. I wish you all the best of luck though.

~Jenifer