What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's/Tween's Mystery Book: About three teenage girls who spend the night in a spooky house. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 2 comments Hello everyone
I'm looking for a children's or young reader's book about three girls solving the mystery around the house of one of the girl's aunt. I pretty much remember everything about the story but can't remember anything about the author or title.

Here's what I know about the story:
The protagonist Cassandra (or Kassandra) is invited for a sleepover with Kristy and Genevieve, although she believed until this point that the other girls didn't like her. They go to Genevieve's aunt's house in a remote area(her aunt is believed to be away for the weekend). At the house they meet a boy from the neighbourhood called Darcy, that Kristy and Genevieve make fun of. After that he leaves. Later that night they begin to hear strange noises from upstairs (which is locked) and things (like Genevieve's piano sheets) disappear. They try to find the source of the noise and believe that either boys from their school are playing a joke on them or that Darcy came back to revenge himself.

SPOILERS from here onwards
Eventually Genevieve admits that she hid all the things that disappeared to torment Cassandra. After that they hear the noises from upstairs again and Kristy and Genevieve run off. Cassandra later finds Genevieve's aunt upstairs. She had an accident and actually never left. At this time Darcy shows up too and helps them.

About publication date:
I think the book should have been written in the 80s or early 90s. I read it in the mid-90s.

Since I only know the names of the characters I couldn't find anything on the regular search engines. Any other great ideas?

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4730 comments Adriana, do you remember if this was part of a series?
How old were the girls?
Anything about the cover?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36945 comments Mod
Adriana, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1528 comments Pretty sure this is Games by Robin Klein. I was searching for it on here a while back and someone identified it for me.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 30986 comments Mod
Games by Robin Klein - Rachel's suggestion

message 6: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 2 comments Yes it is Games! Thank you!!!
Actually I kept looking from time to time but never figured it out (kinda difficult if you have the protagonist's name wrong...).
Awesome! Thank you again, I probably would have never found it myself.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Games (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Robin Klein (other topics)