YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Wings (Wings, #1)
This topic is about Wings
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Wings #1: Wings by Aprilynne Pike --> Starting 22nd March

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 46275 comments Mod
Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful—too beautiful for words.

Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.

In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.

Sorry for the lack of accurate progress, the audio doesn't have chapter names, so I'm just guessing based on the bar at the bottom. I know I've passed 25% so I'm just guessing 30%. Shouldn't be spoilers then.

Read at 30% (view spoiler)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Chapter 3 (view spoiler)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Maddison wrote: "Sorry for the lack of accurate progress, the audio doesn't have chapter names, so I'm just guessing based on the bar at the bottom. I know I've passed 25% so I'm just guessing 30%. Shouldn't be spo..."

That’s all good! I wrote my thoughts in my notes as I had no reception all weekend whilst listening.

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Chapter 22 (view spoiler)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Chapter 23 (view spoiler)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Chapter 25 (view spoiler)

Is that near the end? How do you know the chapters? Mine doesn't show..

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Maddison wrote: "Is that near the end? How do you know the chapters? Mine doesn't show.."

I listen to when she says the chapter at the start of each one

message 10: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash Louise | 8 comments I read this series in January, absolutely loved it ❤

Oh right I can't remember that XD

Shae wrote: "Chapter 22 [spoilers removed]"

I knew it from the start XD It was obvious to me.

Shae wrote: "Chapter 23 Barnes shot Tamarni then escapes
Jamison saying laurel has to be her parents protectors now that Barnes knows where she lives and what she is.
Your fathers time is measured in hours now..."

(view spoiler)

Shae wrote: "Chapter 25 can’t believe she told her parents she is a fairy! And the diamond was worth soooo much!!

Oh my gosh! She kisses tamarni! What about David! Love triangle for book #2!"

I'm so pleased (view spoiler)

Ash wrote: "I read this series in January, absolutely loved it ❤"

Bleh haha. Not for me. I do own the second one so I might continue just so I can get it off my shelf, but who knows. It wasn't interesting, and I know the love triangle will annoy me so much.

Finished, review: I've heard such good things about this book, so I went into it with very high expectations.... and was very disappointed. The characters seemed so juvenile, the whole acceptance was crazy, but mainly I was just frustrated by the love triangle. (view spoiler) That's one of the things I can't deal with in a book. Her (view spoiler) annoyed me no bloody end, and the only reason I'll read the next book is because I have it on my shelf, so that I can get rid of it XD Something else that I found rather unbelievable was (view spoiler) I didn't understand...