Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) Ender's Game discussion

Enders Game

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimball (new)

Kimball Young The book I chose to read was called Ender’s Game. Ender’s Game is about a six year old boy named Ender who is sent up to battle school to train. He trains along with other kids but he outdoes them by a lot. They train and get better at battle tactics so that they can defeat the “buggers”, an alien race that invaded earth a few years ago. Ender improves and rises in ranks faster than anyone and is only 13 when he becomes a battle commander and is called to fight the “bugger fleet”. I won’t give away the ending but reading this book will definitely get you to stay up late, wanting to read more.

Ender’s Game is a very good read with a plot that attracts and draws you in. The characters in this book are probably the biggest reason that it is so enticing. The main character Ender faces trial after trial, but still manages to come out on top. Once in one of the “battle games” (a no gravity game where you freeze each other in space suits) he has two teams against his one and he still wins. Just when you think that there is no way to get around something, Ender finds a way. His siblings Valentine and Peter are both very smart, but that is the only way that they are alike. Peter is vicious and hurts innocent things while plotting something even worse. Valentine is loving and caring and can see the good in everyone. Ender’s Game was such a good read that I would recommend it to any of my friends. I absolutely loved this book.

Cristal williams I also loved the book and the movie. I couldn't stop reading Ender's Game. I want to read it again.

message 3: by Kimball (new)

Kimball Young Yah it was amazing! I think there are other books in the series as well!

message 4: by Kimball (new)

Kimball Young I think they also might be making another movie

Cristal williams Yeah, I heard but I think they never made it yet.

Trinity Bernhardt There are many books in the Ender's series. I love them all! The later books in the Ender quintet are very different then Ender's Game, but very fascinating. The Shadow series follows Bean, Petra, and Peter and the events on Earth after the Bugger wars. They are the same style as Ender's Game. In fact the 1st one, Ender's Shadow, tells the story of the last days of the Battle school and the war from Bean's point of view. Very intriguing that its the same story, but not.

For the books on Ender specifically
Ender's Game
Ender in Exile (though placed 2nd chronologically it was written last and makes reference to events in the Shadow series)
Speaker for the Dead
Xenocide
Children of the Mind

Shadow Series
Ender's Shadow
Shadow of the Hegemon
Shadow Puppets
Shadow of the Giant
Shadows in Flight

message 7: by Zak (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zak Longo I read Ender's Game, and now I am reading Ender's Shadow, which is about Bean's beginnings and perspective during Ender's game and beyond. I was told to read Ender's Game, then the Shadow Series in order, then move to the Ender's series for continuity.

message 8: by Zak (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zak Longo So, after Shadows in Flight, I assume I will go to Ender in Exile.

Trinity Bernhardt That works, though if you haven't started Shadows in Flight it might be best to read last. It jumps many years into the future. Once you finish Shadow of the Giant you will know all you need for Ender in Exile.

message 10: by Zak (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zak Longo Trinity wrote: "That works, though if you haven't started Shadows in Flight it might be best to read last. It jumps many years into the future. Once you finish Shadow of the Giant you will know all you need for En..."

Ok, sweet