Around the World in 80 Books discussion

Archives > Vote for the May Books of the Month

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane | 12845 comments Polls are up for the May books of the month. Follow this link to the polls page: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/5... or click on the polls link at the upper right-hand corner of this page. NOTE: May books of the month will begin on May 15.

message 2: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane | 12845 comments I accidentally missed a couple of the nominations and have updated the polls.

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 3 comments Hi, new member here. How are books selected for nomination? And are there any months that focus on Nigeria/West Africa>

message 4: by Mome_Rath (last edited Mar 30, 2018 04:18PM) (new)

Mome_Rath | 1319 comments Nicole wrote: "Hi, new member here. How are books selected for nomination? And are there any months that focus on Nigeria/West Africa>"

Welcome! Watch for Diane to open a thread to nominate books for the upcoming month. The thread will list the categories for that month, and once Diane opens the thread, members of this group can nominate books that work for those places or themes.
For instance, in June, the categories will be books from or about Albania, books from or about Manitoba, and contemporary fiction from around the world.
If you are interested in seeing the categories and the upcoming places and themes for this year, check out the 2018 at ATW80 thread in the Group Announcements section.

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 3 comments Thanks for the heads up! I am not an author, but am affiliated with a publisher. Can I recommend or suggest titles?

message 6: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane | 12845 comments Nicole wrote: "Thanks for the heads up! I am not an author, but am affiliated with a publisher. Can I recommend or suggest titles?"

Hi, Nicole. Only nominate books you have no financial interest in.

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 3 comments Thank you for the clarification.